Lockyer, Wallace & Stagg to return

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mal

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
Heard on radio that Lockyer, Wallace and Stagg are returning this weekend

THE key lieutenants charged with piloting Brisbane to a top four finish will reunite at Red Hill, with Peter Wallace and Darren Lockyer confident they have barely scratched the surface of their attacking potential.

Sitting pretty in sixth place after round 17, the Broncos will welcome back Lockyer and Wallace to the fold against the Bulldogs at Suncorp Stadium on Sunday.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,865 ... 14,00.html

BOOOO YA! Perfect timing. Let's hope they stick around 08 premiership baby!

Let's hope Locky's knee is RIGHT this time!

Coxy said:
Let's hope Locky's knee is RIGHT this time!

You would think there'd be no reason to rush back now. Lockyer already freely admits he was a bit greedy in his motivation to reeturn sooner than he should've (Test match and Origin) so now that there's no more rep games, i think you'll find he'll only come back if he's 100% right.

well i hope so anyway [icon_lol1.

I can see Lockyer coming off the bench again TBH which is fine by me as long as he is ready to rock and roll.. Stagg will probably start at 5/8th although I really hope that is not the case.

I hope locky hurts his wrist or ankle something minor (not that i want him to be injured, god no) so he can have an extra week off! I'm so paranoid he's coming back early he might hurt himself ( please no ).

Am i the only one overly worried about this?

I don't want Lockyer to come back yet. Hell, give him another month off for good measure as far as I'm concerned.

Should be a good crowd this weekend. It feels like it's been ages since Locky took the field. We should look to dominate the Dogs on Sunday. Will be dissappointed if we don't improve our F&A.

I'm interested to see how the dogs go tonight before I pass judgement on how many we beat them by.

Is fine if he's going to take up his place in the back row as another 100% effort, 70+ minutes forward to complement the explosive short bursts of Thaiday, Carroll, Eastwood, Taylor etc.

Otherwise the only workhorse we have is Parker, and that's a tough argument.

I don't think anyone would disagree with you on that.

Assuming those guys are back, the team should really be:

1. Hunt
2. Manihera
3. Boyd
4. Emmett
5. Kemp
6. Lockyer (c)
7. Wallace
8. Hannant
9. Ennis
10. Clinton (if fit, think he is? Otherwise Kenny)
11. Stagg
12. Parker
13. Carroll

14. Marsh
15. Thaiday
16. Kenny (or Sims if Clinton is out)
17. Taylor
18. Eastwood

Tough call between Marsh and Eastwood to miss the 17 IMO.

Whats happend to Moon? has he been dropped?

Coxy said:
Tough call between Marsh and Eastwood to miss the 17 IMO.

I'd have Eastwood over Marsh at the moment.

Bar the first few weeks of the compeition Marsh has been cod ordinary IMO. He's been invisible in some games. Granted he's been selected slightly out of position in the halves but there's not real point to having him on the bench when Ennis can play the full 80 mins anyway.

Yep, tend to agree Ethos.

Yeah, I'd also like to see Emmett given an extended run in fist grade.

He always comes into the team when our halves suck, I'd like to see what he could outside Locky and Wallace.

Again, agreed. He's a good hole runner. But he needs someone to put him in those holes! Stagg and Perry certainly wouldn't do that (though Perry used to do a good job with him at Redneckville...hmmm).

broncospwn said:
I hope locky hurts his wrist or ankle something minor (not that i want him to be injured, god no) so he can have an extra week off! I'm so paranoid he's coming back early he might hurt himself ( please no ).

Am i the only one overly worried about this?

Nope - me too. I would like him to have at least another week off, and come off the bench for his first game back.

I just hope Jeremy Hickmans has the balls to say no if Lockyer shows even the slightest limp or discomfort in that knee during training this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• RodF
  • LittleDavey
  • broncoscope
  • sooticus
  • Galah
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Harry Sack
  • heartly87
  • Kev_Guz
  • Browny
  • broncs30
  • achievedrap
  • Johnny92
  • FACTHUNT
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Foordy
  • Behold
  • Bish
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.