Lockyer, Wallace & Stagg to return

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scotty said:
I don't want Lockyer to come back yet. Hell, give him another month off for good measure as far as I'm concerned.

I agree 100%. I don't want to see Lockyer until we actually need him. No need for him to come back against nuffies like the Dogs.

It's no big deal, let him play 40mins against the Dogs, it will do him the world of good. Ease him back into it

That's awesome, I'll definitely be off to the game then. My first Broncos game this season, I can't wait :D

I hope Stagg takes over most of the workload, so we might see Parker or Carroll start getting involved in attack more, and not wasting their energy in defence.

lyn said:
So whats happened to Moon?

He injured one of his hamstring during kicking practice in the lead up to the Penrith game, thus he didnt play in that game.

lyn said:
Ok. Any idea of when he will be back?

Nope, but I would think he is a chance at this week, seeing as he has had 2 weeks to rest since he got injured! Though hamstring injuries are tough...in terms of getting a gauge on whether they are healed or not.

Tough that a good player has to go to Q-Cup!!! I think Eastwood's form of late has been really good and he deserves his place more than Marsh. Marsh has been disappointing this year but next year is his chance with Ennis off to the Bulldogs.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,865 ... 14,00.html

The Broncos are set to launch their surge at the finals with injured halves Lockyer (knee) and two-game Origin half-back Peter Wallace (groin) reunited against a desperate Dogs.

Lockyer and Wallace have only played alongside each other in six of 17 games this season.

Lockyer hasn't appeared since setting up Brisbane's last minute 30-26 win over Parramatta on May 30.

Wallace has been sidelined since rupturing a testicle in the second State of Origin on June 11.

Both are confident of teaming up on Sunday as the sixth placed Broncos start the last nine rounds just seven points behind Manly, the Roosters and Sharks all on 26 points.

Broncos performance director Jeremy Hickmans was talking up Lockyer's chances despite past comeback failures which have frustrated his efforts to regain full use of his reconstructed right knee.

Hickmans has cleared Lockyer to return to team training on Tuesday.

"He'll train with the squad tomorrow and we'll build him up through the week," said Hickmans who's given Brisbane's Origin players an extended break.

"His rehab this time has gone fantastically and we're looking very positive for the weekend."

Lockyer pushed his last campaign too hard in the hope of playing in the second Origin game last month.

But Hickmans believes he's got it right this time.

Brisbane's medical staff enjoyed a "chuckle" over speculation Lockyer would not play again.

"We had a little chuckle when we saw that one, there's no truth in that," said Hickmans.

"Darren just needed time for (cartilage) to settle down and he pushed it too hard to get back for Origin.

"As he's said himself, it probably wasn't the right decision and he's stepped back to get it right.

"He's done everything right and I don't think we can do any more for him at the moment."

Wallace was confident of getting through 80 minutes despite being able to do very little fitness work because of the nature of his injury.

"I haven't seen Lockyer this week but I hear he's a chance," said Wallace whose groin injury prevented him playing for NSW in last week's series decider.

"I've hardly done anything since it happened and it might take a few weeks to get my fitness back.

"Because of the nature of the injury I couldn't do weights or run, I just had to take it quietly and I probably lost a bit of fitness.

"We've got nine weeks to go now and six of our last nine games at home and that always helps.

"If we can win six of them we'll be look top four I'd think."

Brisbane get representative centre Justin Hodges back from suspension in two weeks and will be back near full strength.

Utility David Stagg (calf strain) and prop Nick Kenny (ankle) are in some doubt for the Bulldogs clash with Kenny considered the more serious.

Looks like Marsh will be in the team with those 2 in doubt, not that I was really expecting him to miss out on the 17

My Team.

Hunt
Manihera
Boyd
Emmet
Kemp
Lockyer
Wallace
Clinton
Ennis
Hannant
Thaiday
Sims
Caroll

Parker
Eastwood
Taylor
Marsh

Stagg (injured or not i can not find a place in the team for him)

Prince Langer said:
Stagg (injured or not i can not find a place in the team for him)

I'm in the same boat here. I am a fan of Stagg's and I think he is a really good player but I think Parker, Thaiday, Sims, Eastwood and Taylor are all better options in the back row, despite the fact a couple of these players are way out of form at the moment.

I did say at the start of the year he just has to be in the side somewhere but now I think if he is in the side its either back row or nowhere, and I think we will get more of what we need from those other players mentioned above.

Jeza23 said:
Looks like Marsh will be in the team with those 2 in doubt, not that I was really expecting him to miss out on the 17
Love the Avatar! as for Marsh being in the side, everyone seems to be forgetting how awesome he and Pete played together. They really overshadowed Ennis to begin with.

Old Mate said:
Jeza23 said:
Love the Avatar! as for Marsh being in the side, everyone seems to be forgetting how awesome he and Pete played together. They really overshadowed Ennis to begin with.

Avatar is courtesy of my man Hitman! Good isnt it icon_thumbs_u

why not bring locky back at fullback for the first few week less defensive workload and he can time his attack to when he wants to

whats everyone think

My team:

Hunt
Manihera
Boyd
Emmett
Kemp
Marsh
Wallace
Clinton
Ennis
Hannant
Eastwood
Parker
Caroll

Sims
Thaiday
Taylor
Hoffman

Lockyer to have another week off - do we really need him against the Bullfrogs?

Lockyer at fullback would mean he'll be tackled even more so than at 5/8th (due to him bringing the ball back). I'd say that's probably more dangerous than him making more tackles, and he can be subbed off anyway when he gets tired.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Fitzy
  • Jedhead
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Shane Tronc
  • BroncosAlways
  • winslow_wong
  • Culhwch
  • Broncorob
  • Porthoz
  • Wolfie
  • Dazza 92
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Financeguy
  • Santa
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • sooticus
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Maroon4life
  • Rowdy124
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.