International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Lodgem 190411703 sd

Matt Lodge commits to Broncos as engine room join booze-ban

May 8, 2019

Source: Courier Mail

Last edited by a moderator:
Is anyone else.. concerned isn't the right word, because it's great news, but is anyone else weary of us keeping all of the forwards?

Haas - 2023
Carrigan - 2022
Gillett - 2022
Ofahengaue - 2022
Lodge - 2022
TPJ - 2022
Fifita - 2020
Su'A - 2020
Flegler - TBA
Glenn - TBA

I have no doubt we'll be re-signing Flegler long-term and extending Fifita first chance we get as well. That's 8 forwards extended long-term, not even factoring in Su'A or Glenn, who could very easily be retained as well.

All 8 of those forwards could make a case for being starters over the next 3 years, yet there's only 5 starting forward spots, I don't want to keep up this rotation crap where we're rotating players in and out of the starting line-up every week, I want a set forward pack that we start with every week, which 3 of these 8 players are going to be happy to spend 3+ years on the bench?

Could do worse than Lodge for interim captain while Darius takes a mental health break to set up his fish and chip truck.

Is anyone else.. concerned isn't the right word, because it's great news, but is anyone else weary of us keeping all of the forwards?

Haas - 2023
Carrigan - 2022
Gillett - 2022
Ofahengaue - 2022
Lodge - 2022
TPJ - 2022
Fifita - 2020
Su'A - 2020
Flegler - TBA
Glenn - TBA

I have no doubt we'll be re-signing Flegler long-term and extending Fifita first chance we get as well. That's 8 forwards extended long-term, not even factoring in Su'A or Glenn, who could very easily be retained as well.

All 8 of those forwards could make a case for being starters over the next 3 years, yet there's only 5 starting forward spots, I don't want to keep up this rotation crap where we're rotating players in and out of the starting line-up every week, I want a set forward pack that we start with every week, which 3 of these 8 players are going to be happy to spend 3+ years on the bench?

I agree. We need to be careful we dont overload our squad with highly paid forwards at the expense of elsewhere.

I'd be happy enough to move on TPJ. Potentially great, but i think he will be frustrating, like a Dave Taylor lite.

Haas - 2023
Carrigan - 2022
Gillett - 2022
Ofahengaue - 2022
Lodge - 2022
TPJ - 2022
Fifita - 2020
Su'A - 2020
Flegler - TBA
Glenn - TBA

Modern NRL, just means they have you for that period, if there's a better prospect or you want to leave they'll probably let you or shop you.

All professional athletes should be on a booze ban. Definitely shouldn’t be getting pissed during the season
I agree, its crazy that nearing 2020 with all the nutrition and science these days that athletes still get on it on the reg.

Dont begrudge them for unwinding but their body is their cash cow...

All professional athletes should be on a booze ban. Definitely shouldn’t be getting pissed during the season

I'm not so sure they need to be on a booze ban. I've seen a heap of the mighty Queensland side having quite a few beers the week before Origin. Getting pissed is a different thing altogether. Dont think you see many doing that these days.

I agree, its crazy that nearing 2020 with all the nutrition and science these days that athletes still get on it on the reg.

Dont begrudge them for unwinding but their body is their cash cow...

Cam Smith likes a beer apparently, hasnt done him any harm.

Haas - 2023
Carrigan - 2022
Gillett - 2022
Ofahengaue - 2022
Lodge - 2022
TPJ - 2022
Fifita - 2020
Su'A - 2020
Flegler - TBA
Glenn - TBA

Only thing I'm concerned about after reading that list is the backs.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • GCBRONCO
  • marw
  • kiwibronco
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.