Lodge Re-Signs for the fans

heartly87

heartly87

NRL Player
May 10, 2014
https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/cou...d/news-story/125108e8b84cb95381c2adf8d6694f63

It's so good to hear this. The games i went to last year post game people called out to him and really got behind him. He seemed hesitant early in the year fearing he may get a sledge but I never heard it. The club really got behind him and him reforming himself. Well done I say and happy we got him for two more years at least.

It's interesting that they're rolling these announcements day after day.

I thought the Broncos were originally waiting for Pangai Jr to return so they could announce them as a bundle. Now I see that they were waiting for Bennett to leave, to show that the players simply weren't staying for him and to help give Seibold's initial week some positive press.

Two year deal is good. We will see where the young fellas are at and if Lodge and hopefully TPJ want to stay committed.

Excellent news, was easily one of the best forwards in the comp last year and will only get better with more games under his belt. If Tuaeli gets a run with us we might get to see the combination they had at Redcliffe, really damaging.

Hopefully Seibold let's him ball play a little bit more too. Keep the passes short though please, especially against Dragons.

Very happy with the news, I was a little worried he'd only sign for a year so getting him on 3(total) seems like a good return on the bullshit when we signed him.

One of the best props in the game and should really only get better considering how green he is in NRL terms. He has yet to reach 50 NRL games, so the sky is the limit.

Last edited:

I thought the Broncos were originally waiting for Pangai Jr to return so they could announce them as a bundle. Now I see that they were waiting for Bennett to leave, to show that the players simply weren't staying for him and to help give Seibold's initial week some positive press.

Yeah, and I think this is a great decision by the club. Imagine if they had signed last week, all the journo's would run with the storyline of "recent deals now in doubt has Bennett forced out".

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/cou...d/news-story/125108e8b84cb95381c2adf8d6694f63

It's so good to hear this. The games i went to last year post game people called out to him and really got behind him. He seemed hesitant early in the year fearing he may get a sledge but I never heard it. The club really got behind him and him reforming himself. Well done I say and happy we got him for two more years at least.
Probably the first article I've read about Lodge since he signed with us that doesn't mention "New York Rampage" in it.

Hopefully a few more years of brain dead, media zombie idiots in Sydney booing him every time he touches the ball and he'll be here for life.

Yeah, it’s smart from the club. The signings would have got caught up in the Bennett drama if they did it before the sacking. It was also smart not to announce it all at once. This now gives them the chance to have 2/3 (dependent on TPJ) big postive news stories with quotes from the players backing Seibold.

I appreciate his acknowledgment to the fans too. The thing is he loves to devour whole chickens and large quantities of meat while talking tactics with his buddy TPJ so I'm hoping they've made a pact to stick around for a few years to give winning a comp a red hot crack.

I'd be elated if TPJ signs for more than a year as it signals to me his full intent and comittment.

I appreciate his acknowledgment to the fans too. The thing is he loves to devour whole chickens and large quantities of meat while talking tactics with his buddy TPJ so I'm hoping they've made a pact to stick around for a few years to give winning a comp a red hot crack.

I'd be elated if TPJ signs for more than a year as it signals to me his full intent and comittment.

It would be good but it's very doubtful it will happen.

TPJ is a smart guy, he knows his value will increase next season with another season under his belt especially since Fittler wants him to commit to the NSW.

Two year deal is good. We will see where the young fellas are at and if Lodge and hopefully TPJ want to stay committed.

Two year deal is even better considering one of the high profile journos declared that we'd only get his signature for one.

The best part of this deal is that he only re-signed for the fans, that means we don't have to pay him right? Should be a huge salary cap relief.

Brisbane on a New signing Rampage, with southern Yorkel Lodge re-signing for a Smashing two more Locked Up years.

I think Lodge will be an international by the time this contract is up.

Active Now

• Browny
  • Bucking Beads
  • Santa
  • jd87
  • Fatboy
  • bb_gun
  • Fitzy
  • mrslong
  • FACTHUNT
  • Old Mate
  • Culhwch
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.