NEWS Lord Vlandys Speaks

In that photo of Vlandys he looks like a Vince McMahon wrestling founder type.

I agree with his sentiment, it's just that, while we were on top it wasn't fair, we had too many advantages and needed to be crippled in order for shit teams to compete. Now that Sydney darling teams and those important to the NRL strategically (Titans & Storm) are on top, their success needs to be rewarded and other teams just need to Git Gud.

It's also blatantly obvious that we are being artificially held down in order to vindicate the upcoming New Brisbane. I actually don't think the rule changes have done it, moreso that the rule changes have allowed ruthless and arbitrary control of the rucks, of momentum, by the refs are we are being deliberately stifled. While other teams are carried via selective "10 metre" distances and other protections to give them time and space. We are also dogged routinely by the judiciary, our players unfairly scrutinised while the media sets the rhetoric, like TPJ being an out-of-control grub, while JWH is lauded as an "enforcer" who is allowed to get away cheap shots and dog acts that would land most of us up with assault charges.

AND THEN our rivals are actively enabled by the NRL to poach our best players by unprecedented salary cap manipulation.

At this point I don't think the NRL are concerned about dwindling Brisbane fans or TV viewership. In fact they are counting on it, it's what they are actively working towards, to have as many people as possible ready to jump on Brisbane II when it is inevitably introduced.

I don't see things getting any better for at least a couple of years after B2 has been introduced and the artificial fanfare has cooled down.

I don't believe that Smokin Joe was referring to this specifically, but yeah, shit's going to get a lot worse before we can hope to be allowed to compete on even terms again.
Wait, what did Joe say? Didn't he leave the forum?

Shit, I remember reading this guys stuff at the start of last year about the new rules. He's actually Brilliant. I wrote him an email to give him kudos.
He’s a smart dude. He is on the SuperCoach whisperers podcast sometimes and he knows his shit.

Yeah look, I have to say I make mistakes to seem normal even though I don’t. I’m just trying to be relatable to all you people who are beneath me.

We could have consulted the players, that’s one way to look at it but it’s the wrong way because I know what’s best so I did what had to be done because I’m the smartest man in the world.

So am I sorry? You bet I am, I’m sorry that so many people didn’t just bow down and worship me. I love myself and the players love me too, just ask me.

His comment (and Tallis said the same thing) really pissed me off. It was basically that they have not changed the rules (about high tackles), they’ve just changed the interpretation. THAT IS BASICALLY THE EXACT SAME THING AS CHANGING THE RULES, YOU IDIOT.

His comment (and Tallis said the same thing) really pissed me off. It was basically that they have not changed the rules (about high tackles), they’ve just changed the interpretation. THAT IS BASICALLY THE EXACT SAME THING AS CHANGING THE RULES, YOU IDIOT.
Well, in his defense, if the NRL had enforced the rules correctly from the start, we wouldn't be so annoyed by this current turn of events. That being said, the 6-again most certainly is a rule change.

If the NRL had continued their crackdown on the wrestle way back when, we would have a very good sport right now IMO.

It seems apparent to me that had high tackles been properly enforced from the start, the wrestle would have not so easily been employed. Players hoping to lock up the ball target the chest/shoulders, which can easily rise up in the tackling action (combined with ball carriers ducking/lowering themselves into tackles). Then comes inadvertent contact with the head. It's very hard to avoid.

Targeting above the hips below the ribs doesn't allow for the wrestle, but it is a textbook technique. The issue is, that this allows for a potential offload.

But guess what, this makes the game faster. Proper tackling techniques allow the ball carrier to reach the ground and make a quick PTB. So, in making a "correct" tackle actually would have been the solution all along. That means no 6-again to speed the game up, "causing fatigue" or w/e BS line they used. It means tackle breaks, offloads, great looking tackles, fast games, where the wrestle isn't as possible.

Right now, the tacklers are still trying to control the game tempo by holding the ball carrier up, meaning the defensive line can reset. One goes high, holds up the ball, one goes low, slows forward progression (Ideally It is not stopped, because then they have to release sooner). It was and always has been the wrestle that has fucked the game.

the CM recently reported that Vlandys has been approached by a "global organisation" through a 3rd party to quit the NRL and Racing NSW for a role with them ...

and for the sake of this great game, I am hoping the offer is too good to refuse and we are rid of Vlandys permanently

the CM recently reported that Vlandys has been approached by a "global organisation" through a 3rd party to quit the NRL and Racing NSW fir a role with them ...

and for the sake of this great game, I am hoping the offer is too good to refuse and we are rid of Vlandys permanently
I reckon he might you know, his reputation is in tatters with the public and he doesn’t have to stand down this way which he won’t because he’s an “ego maniac” he’s just taking a better job.

please let it happen

This could be everyone's dreams come true but what will Abdo if he has to make decisions? He might also implode and this sport will be so much better for the back of both those blokes.

the CM recently reported that Vlandys has been approached by a "global organisation" through a 3rd party to quit the NRL and Racing NSW for a role with them ...

A position at The Globex Corporation?

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Bish
  • Jedhead
  • Ronald
  • Organix
  • Fozz
  • Johnny92
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.