NEWS Lord Vlandys Speaks

I can't stand slick but he is not the reason the Broncos are hopeless.

He is the reason that neutral games aren't worth watching anymore. The media/fox love him because he really undersold the NRL in the last deal.
Although you could argue oversold on the current standard.

Vlandys is a bit nervous ... trying to placate the players.

he said on SEN breakfast (Vossy's show):

"Hindsight’s a great tool, you can do everything in your life better,"

"I make mistakes every day and I’d love to get my chance again to reverse them. In this instance, yes, we could have done things better.

"We should’ve probably consulted the players more rightly.

"The irony of the situation is, we respect the players so much that we took the hard call to protect them."

I hate the bloke.
Using player health and welfare as a smokescreen for greed.

They dont give one single **** about players welfare after they stop making them money.
They do however, give a **** when it threatens their golden egg laying goose with CTE lawsuits.

Vlandys is a bit nervous ... trying to placate the players.

he said on SEN breakfast (Vossy's show):

"Hindsight’s a great tool, you can do everything in your life better,"

"I make mistakes every day and I’d love to get my chance again to reverse them. In this instance, yes, we could have done things better.

"We should’ve probably consulted the players more rightly.

"The irony of the situation is, we respect the players so much that we took the hard call to protect them."
hahah is old mate serious... "we respect the players so much that we didn't bother talking to them... instead we spoke with Uncle Nick and that was enough."

"If I had my time again would I do things better? yes... but I will always listen to Uncle Nick as well... hold up I've gotta take this"

Interesting we interview the Chairman and not the CEO. In most company structures that’s curtains

I think it’s a dumb and weird response to the whole ‘ball is actually only in play for 60mins in an 80 min game’ complaint that surfaced in recent years.

Here’s a simple solution: every time the ball goes out or play is stopped for a scrum or penalty, you stop the clock. Start it again when the ball is back in play ie scrum is fed, tap after the penalty, kick off after tries. I don’t even care if penalties and conversions are left off the clock.
That will affect the television timeslots = $$

Active Now

• Tim K
  • Cavalo
  • Santa
  • Aldo
  • johnny plath
  • GCBRONCO
  • Behold
  • LockyersLeftBoot
  • Broncosgirl
  • HarryAllan7
  • IceWorks
  • Manifesto
  • Financeguy
  • MrTickyMcG
  • jarro65
  • mystico
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Dash
  • Gympie devil
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.