NEWS Lord Vlandys Speaks

For more than 30 years I've watched rugby league commentators dissect every last details of matches -particularly refereeing decisions.

Can anyone tell me why six-again rulings receive ZERO SCRUTINY from commentators? They are never questioned. And yet, they often are the most influential ruling in many games. Six-again decisions are swinging many games - and I believe - are the reason for many of the blow-out scores we are seeing.

Anyone? Can anyone tell me why six again rulings are beyond criticism?

For more than 30 years I've watched rugby league commentators dissect every last details of matches -particularly refereeing decisions.

Can anyone tell me why six-again rulings receive ZERO SCRUTINY from commentators? They are never questioned. And yet, they often are the most influential ruling in many games. Six-again decisions are swinging many games - and I believe - are the reason for many of the blow-out scores we are seeing.

Because they are all in Vlandys pocket.

Vlandys doesn't allow the media etc to talk about it

During one of the games on the weekend, after one of the many ridiculous decisions, Braith Anasta said, "Well, I can't sit here and say that was a good decision".

I thought - that's an interesting thing to say.

I think it was one of the sin bins for virtually doing nothing.

It's hard to criticise when the play is ongoing. You don't have a stoppage/downtime to talk about it. watch the replay.

During one of the games on the weekend, after one of the many ridiculous decisions, Braith Anasta said, "Well, I can't sit here and say that was a good decision".

I thought - that's an interesting thing to say.

I think it was one of the sin bins for virtually doing nothing.

Pretty certain that was actually reported on. Was odd, but not sure if he was going against direction, or just being dumb **** Braith. He throws some stupid sentences out there every few minutes.

A great read.

That guy is spot on in everything he said. Further to all those press releases having his lapdog Paul Kent relay a story about a current player coming up to Vlandys praising him and asking him to keep going with the crackdown because he needs to save players from themselves is more actions of a loser. That is so obviously bullshit and akin to telling someone about his hot girlfriend that goes to another school.

He was also bang on about how he will be unassailable with the media until he isn't. They will continue the on-air blow jobs until it gets to the point that his bullshit hurts ratings so much that it threatens their jobs and then they will turn on him like rabid dogs. I can't wait!

A great read.

This is the best shit I've read all month, bloke is on the money with this.
I cant stand Vlandys, he is a shyster, conman and snake-oil salesman all rolled into one.
The fact that he is heavily entwined in the horse racing/gambling community does him no favors either.
The fact he is good mates with Politis and these changes have all come on the back of his clubs misfortunes are no coincidence either.

You have to be an absolute grub of a human to use player welfare as sneaky way of avoiding litigation to try and sway public opinion in the face of implementing game breaking rules.
I would have more respect for him if he was honest and came out to the media stating that in light of what has happened in the NFL due to CTE as a result of concussions, the NRL will have to make changes to protect the game.
But nope, he lied like a dirty snake and implemented knee-jerk rules that made things worse.
Not only that, but i cant help but feel the lack of accountability from the 6 again rule is a very very convenient method for match fixing and rigging the betting market.

I said it a month ago, Vlandys will go down as the worst thing to ever happen to Rugby League.

This is the best shit I've read all month, bloke is on the money with this.
I cant stand Vlandys, he is a shyster, conman and snake-oil salesman all rolled into one.
The fact that he is heavily entwined in the horse racing/gambling community does him no favors either.
The fact he is good mates with Politis and these changes have all come on the back of his clubs misfortunes are no coincidence either.

You have to be an absolute grub of a human to use player welfare as sneaky way of avoiding litigation to try and sway public opinion in the face of implementing game breaking rules.
I would have more respect for him if he was honest and came out to the media stating that in light of what has happened in the NFL due to CTE as a result of concussions, the NRL will have to make changes to protect the game.
But nope, he lied like a dirty snake and implemented knee-jerk rules that made things worse.
Not only that, but i cant help but feel the lack of accountability from the 6 again rule is a very very convenient method for match fixing and rigging the betting market.

I said it a month ago, Vlandys will go down as the worst thing to ever happen to Rugby League.
If the pandemic killed the game at least it would’ve been a dignified death.

A great read.

That is one of the best things I've ever read rugby league related, especially the fatigue point at 17%, that nails the issue so well. I'd love for someone influential show this to the Vlandys regime and once they've finished throwing a tantrum, see what actual evidence they use to reject it.

137521D3 F59B 4F62 8E26 6B1E670E482C

Vlandys: It’s the change that had to happen and I stand by it. For too long we’ve had fans watching the games and so for player welfare and the long term good of the game, it is important that we stay the course. The fans hate it, the players hate it, the refs are confused but the imaginary pole I ran up my own butt of course, says that this is what fans want. The pole says they want me, they love me and I’m here to stay, ask anyone. This player came up to me other day and said, you have to ruin this game to kill it yourself and that’s what I’m doing.’

Active Now

• Behind enemy lines
  • Bish
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Dony Eliakim
  • Lurker
  • Aldo
  • Volvo Driver
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.