RUMOUR Luke Brooks to Broncos 2018

Josh McCrone is just as good.
Youre-canceling-your-cable-real-time.gif

What do we think about Foran? Is he still only on a 1 year contract with the warriors? Ignoring his off-field issues (and injuries), he'd have to be close to the perfect complement to Milford.

So after a year of being one of the shittest players on the field week in, week out we are going to say he's good now? McCrone has shown just as much in first grade and I'm sure if Gus and Vossy talked him up as much as Brooks people would be just as impressed.

My point is this. Luke Brooks is not a very good rugby league player. Josh McCrone is also not a very good rugby league player. I want neither to play halfback for the Brisbane Broncos. 73 year old Danny Brough would be a great option. George Williams, Theo Fages or Matty Smith would be better options too. If we want to sign an overrated, overhyped, NSW prettyboy halfback we should at least aim for Daniel Mortimer or Chad Townsend or try get Darren Nicholls back.

I wasn't supposed to say anything but Kieran Foran was rehabing in Brisbane a few months ago and being looked after by a Broncos staff member at the time. He could very well be an option. Also Sam Scarlett will have been in our system for 2 years by the start of 2018, he's a very viable option.

Brooks isn't even the dominant half at his club and they're both off contract at the same time. Josh McCrone is just as good. All Brooks has going for him is some people think because he has brown hair he's similar to Joey. I don't think there's ever been a bigger flop coming into first grade.

5a15c7fc21055ea8397c89c75df66626

brett-seymour-of-the-broncos-in-action-during-the-nrl-round-five-picture-id52610401

Try again

So after a year of being one of the shittest players on the field week in, week out we are going to say he's good now? McCrone has shown just as much in first grade and I'm sure if Gus and Vossy talked him up as much as Brooks people would be just as impressed.

My point is this. Luke Brooks is not a very good rugby league player. Josh McCrone is also not a very good rugby league player. I want neither to play halfback for the Brisbane Broncos. 73 year old Danny Brough would be a great option. George Williams, Theo Fages or Matty Smith would be better options too. If we want to sign an overrated, overhyped, NSW prettyboy halfback we should at least aim for Daniel Mortimer or Chad Townsend or try get Darren Nicholls back.

I wasn't supposed to say anything but Kieran Foran was rehabing in Brisbane a few months ago and being looked after by a Broncos staff member at the time. He could very well be an option. Also Sam Scarlett will have been in our system for 2 years by the start of 2018, he's a very viable option.
Theo Fages is someone we should keep an eye on. I watched the St Helen's vs Leeds game yesterday and his defence, kicking game and control was outstanding. He is only a kid but still has a lot of games under his belt.

Why in gods name would we overpay for the hack known as Luke Brooks. I would rather have matched the dragons offer for Hunt then spend money to buy Brooks. He will demand a fortune and is a mediocre half at best. Lets look internally at our club before looking outside to bring someone in

I don't get the love for Brooks, he's never really impressed me apart from his first few games where he looked like a deadset superstar.

The guy can't tackle for shit. Defence isn't be all and end all for a halfback but Brooks is in the god awful territory.

Why in gods name would we overpay for the hack known as Luke Brooks. I would rather have matched the dragons offer for Hunt then spend money to buy Brooks. He will demand a fortune and is a mediocre half at best. Lets look internally at our club before looking outside to bring someone in

So you call Brooks a mediocre half at best, but your master plan to replace Hunt is to look internally? Let me know how that works out for you..

Nikorima has pulled off one of the greatest swindles in Broncos history, he's somehow got half of the fan base believing that he can actually play Halfback, despite never even showing a remote capability to control a game or put in accurate kicks. He's great at getting involved off the bench, but to even suggest that he's our saving grace shows how little of an idea you actually have. Unless of course you're referring to someone else internally that I'm not aware of, like Kahu, who is about as much of a Halfback as David Klemmer is.

Maybe we should just re-sign Scarlett on a life time contract, he's just as good as Brooks right? I saw him put in an awesome kick in the trial, that's good enough for me.

So you call Brooks a mediocre half at best, but your master plan to replace Hunt is to look internally? Let me know how that works out for you..

Nikorima has pulled off one of the greatest swindles in Broncos history, he's somehow got half of the fan base believing that he can actually play Halfback, despite never even showing a remote capability to control a game or put in accurate kicks. He's great at getting involved off the bench, but to even suggest that he's our saving grace shows how little of an idea you actually have. Unless of course you're referring to someone else internally that I'm not aware of, like Kahu, who is about as much of a Halfback as David Klemmer is.

Maybe we should just re-sign Scarlett on a life time contract, he's just as good as Brooks right? I saw him put in an awesome kick in the trial, that's good enough for me.

You cant really rate Nikorima at halfback until he has played there full time. (something which he has never done) And he wouldn't be the only one I would be looking at, surely our 20s system should have some decent halves running around this year. What I am saying is, don't break the bank to overpay for a mediocre halfback like Brooks who clearly doesn't have what it takes to take the next step up in class and will demand top tier money when its more certain than anything that he doesn't have the talent to match his pay cheque. I don't really want to do what the bulldogs did with Mbye and overpay because there is no other better options.

Why is the only option being considered to go out and spend a fortune on a controlling half?

We're about to pay milf a shit ton of coin and if that's the case he needs to become the dominate half... otherwise we'll have too much invested in our 6 & 7.

Milf needs to be worked with this year to develop his overall game because a purely running half is a dime a dozen nowadays.

You cant really rate Nikorima at halfback until he has played there full time. (something which he has never done) And he wouldn't be the only one I would be looking at, surely our 20s system should have some decent halves running around this year. What I am saying is, don't break the bank to overpay for a mediocre halfback like Brooks who clearly doesn't have what it takes to take the next step up in class and will demand top tier money when its more certain than anything that he doesn't have the talent to match his pay cheque. I don't really want to do what the bulldogs did with Mbye and overpay because there is no other better options.

I wholeheartedly disagree with virtually everything you just said. Your plan is horrible, it's not going to work, and may potentially cost us big time over the next few years.

If we wait out this season so that we can "Look at our U20's" or "See what we've got internally".. Guess what? Everyone worth signing will be already signed. We need to be proactive, if nobody internally looks like an NRL Halfback in the first month of the season, we need to sign someone from outside. I'm pretty confident that Wayne is smarter than the average Broncos fan and will be doing that, so I'm not really worried, he probably already has a list of players that he's targeted for recruitment purposes over the next few months. Ash Taylor will be at the top, your guess is as good as mine as to who else he'll be after if we miss out on him, but I can guarantee Wayne isn't waiting around for some imaginary U20's player to develop in to a first grade calibre Halfback.

I wholeheartedly disagree with virtually everything you just said. Your plan is horrible, it's not going to work, and may potentially cost us big time over the next few years.

If we wait out this season so that we can "Look at our U20's" or "See what we've got internally".. Guess what? Everyone worth signing will be already signed. We need to be proactive, if nobody internally looks like an NRL Halfback in the first month of the season, we need to sign someone from outside. I'm pretty confident that Wayne is smarter than the average Broncos fan and will be doing that, so I'm not really worried, he probably already has a list of players that he's targeted for recruitment purposes over the next few months. Ash Taylor will be at the top, your guess is as good as mine as to who else he'll be after if we miss out on him, but I can guarantee Wayne isn't waiting around for some imaginary U20's player to develop in to a first grade calibre Halfback.

Well Luke Brooks most certainly isn't the answer. Its why the Tigers will flick him first out their top 4 players to be paid this year.

Active Now

• Morkel
  • BroncosAlways
  • Sproj
  • Brocko
  • Xzei
  • GCBRONCO
  • Harry Sack
  • Foordy
  • Fitzy
  • Culhwch
  • theshed
  • cento
  • Broncos Maestro
  • Bongo
  • Jazza
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Dash
  • Battler
  • Fozz
  • Mighty Bronx
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.