RUMOUR Luke Brooks to Broncos 2018

Sam is an honest depth talent with the best short distance kicking game at the club.

At this stage, the NRL is beyond him but if he continues to work on his game you never know he may turn out to be an effective stop-gap like Cody Walker.

Also, I don't think the Broncos have anybody coming through to replace Hunt and will need to go to the market to find somebody. As always they've got players coming through who could potentially make something of themselves, but we're talking 2019 at the earliest.

I would welcome Brooks with open arms. He is a extremely talented player and a cool old head on young shoulders. Would easily steer this team around over the next so many years. Coupling him with Milf would be a recipe for success.

Hope we make a big play for him!

I would welcome Brooks with open arms. He is a extremely talented player and a cool old head on young shoulders. Would easily steer this team around over the next so many years. Coupling him with Milf would be a recipe for success.

Hope we make a big play for him!

Yep, he would be a decent replacement for Ben Hunt, not necessarily an upgrade per se, but perhaps someone who can fit into the team better, control the game better and give Milf the room and opportunity to do his magic, more often.

It's hard to judge Brooks true potential when he's been playing in a basket case of a club. He's also been given very little control or authority of the team due to Farah's presence, despite being the halfback of the team, so it must be hard for the kid to better himself when he still probably isn't completely comfortable calling the shots.

In the NYC (and his debut) he no doubt looked the goods, but once again it's hard to get a real indication with the difference in standard between the two competitions. I think this is a make or break year for Brooks, and for his career to really take off, I think a change in clubs could be beneficial for him as a player.

I also feel the Moses/Brooks partnership, despite their friendship won't allow Brooks to develop fully. Moses, like Farah, seems somewhat of a strong presence on the field, which probably won't allow the more reserved Brooks to come out of his shell. I feel Moses will be the one calling the shots or overruling Brooks even if he sees an opportunity. Eventually he'll lose confidence and start doubting his judgement and he'll never really fulfil his potential as a halfback.

I think if he comes cheap, he could be worth the gamble, but I'd still chase Ash Taylor or even Brodie Croft first. I also think chasing the best halfback isn't always the answer, It's more who can fit into our club, and complement Milford, as well as to a lesser degree the rest of the spine/team.

Last edited:
the only plus in brooks is his kicking game. I really believe Bennett will have his man. it may be none of those being discussed in my opion.

Cleary certainly gives him a run for his money, but outside of his last tackle plays and that pass in the Bulldogs final I haven't seen enough to place him above Brooks.

While he played a role by simply being better than Soward, I attribute the Panthers success to players like Matty Moylan, Peter Wallace and Trent Merrin.

If he was off-contract, I'd definitely want the Broncos to have a look at him. However, the Panthers have him locked up and it would take a tremendous series of mistakes for him to leave.
True. Let's get Peter Wallace back

I'd prefer Taylor/LG/Cleary to Brooks, but Brooks might be worth a shot on a small/short deal. He has a lot of talent, but seems dumb as a rock. I dunno if he'd go well with Milford, we'd be relying to a primary school dropout and Kevin Ferdeline to lead us around.

I'd prefer Taylor/LG/Cleary to Brooks, but Brooks might be worth a shot on a small/short deal. He has a lot of talent, but seems dumb as a rock. I dunno if he'd go well with Milford, we'd be relying to a primary school dropout and Kevin Ferdeline to lead us around.

Well that would rule us out then. Brooks will demand top dollar for his next contract. The Tiggers have already been paying him 700k a year currently.

If that's how much Brooks is being paid, he can **** off.

Well that would rule us out then. Brooks will demand top dollar for his next contract. The Tiggers have already been paying him 700k a year currently.
700k!
FARK!
Really......NO!
No way

There is a big reason why the Tiggers have been struggling with the cap for years. They way overpaid on him, Farah, Moses and Tedesco.
Agreed @mitch222

My, FARK NO! Was about the idea of us paying 7large for him.
FARK NO!

We offered Ben Hunt $850k a year, but $700k a year is too much?

How much 'should' we pay for a regular NRL level halfback?

This is the problem.

People on here have no idea what an NRL half is worth these days.

He'll get 700k.

Not here though. Bennett doesn't want him.

Active Now

• Aldo
  • lynx000
  • Skathen
  • Manofoneway
  • johnny plath
  • The Don
  • Xzei
  • ChewThePhatt
  • BruiserMk1
  • Broncorob
  • Fitzy
  • RolledOates
  • kiwibronco
  • Kev_Guz
  • Allo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.