NEWS Macca is the new Milf

I just hope the new management have learned a very stupid lesson and no longer give out player options like hot cakes, worst thing ever introduced into Broncos' contracts.

Agree, there have been a heap handed out, but the ones for Bird, Kahu & Macca really burned us. Those last two were beyond comical.

Doesn’t Lodge have 2 or 3 PO years on his contract as well?

Macca out C Smith in. 🤣

He's joking, of course. Macca's off to St George.
As expected, Macca is making his play to leave, issuing an ultimatum to love him for an extra year, or set him free. Word is the Broncos can free up to $500k from their cap if they let him go, and it could happen next week.

Kevin Walters said:

“Like a lot of our players who are off-contract, we want to see them play some football and then we will go from there. Andrew is no different. I want him to play the football I know he is capable of and if he does that, he puts himself in the frame to get a new deal. We’re going to have a meeting about his future and to be honest I’m not sure where it’s going to end.”

35899382 8968947 image a 8 1605852152585

Wanted

“Look, I’ve made it clear I want to keep Andrew. We’ve had some discussions and I want to keep him here this season, he’s a Broncos legend. I know how I feel about it and I want him to stay. He has a big role to play under me and he has a contract with us for this season.”

Hall of Famer, Gorden Tallis sticks his nose in for no particular good reason:

“It‘s a tough decision for the Broncos. They have Jake Turpin on their books and McCullough has a longer-term offer from the Dragons. Macca has been a great player for the club for a long period of time, but the Broncos have supported him coming back from his hamstring injury. It‘s a big decision for Kevvie and the recruitment-and-retention committee. Turpin seemed to have the jump on him last year but now that ‘Macca’ is back, he has a huge fan in ‘Kevvie’.”

McHunt

Last edited:
Ultimatum: Give me an extra year or let me walk....but I am fairly sure he can leave if he wants to so long as he forfeits his contract.

So basically, he wants to walk but only if he is guaranteed his same contract but hey, that doesn't sound as ominous does it.

Ultimatum: Give me an extra year or let me walk....but I am fairly sure he can leave if he wants to so long as he forfeits his contract.

So basically, he wants to walk but only if he is guaranteed his same contract but hey, that doesn't sound as ominous does it.
He can't leave if we don't release him, well unless he just wants to retire. He either plays with the Broncos on 2021 or no one if we refuse to release him... Which we should. He took the player option, we've paid him 200k plus rehab and now he wants to leave for a better deal.

Too fucking bad, back yourself to not be shit and secure a contract for 2022. If Griffin wants him now or nothing, they clearly can't be too keen. They have McInnes for this year.

B Smith, JAC, Burton, none of these players got a release straight away just because they asked.

Last edited:
Honestly the more I think about it, the more of a loser I think Macca is. He's not behind Cam Smith, it's fucking Jake Turpin, if he had any kind of winners attitude he'd train his guts out back himself to get the starting spot and secure a new contract.

I think Macca is the kind of defeatist attitude that has stunk up the team, the total opposite of a Hodges type who wouldn't care who he was up against because he backed himself to be the best.

I've changed my mind, **** him off. We don't want losers in the team.

Honestly the more I think about it, the more of a loser I think Macca is. He's not behind Cam Smith, it's fucking Jake Turpin, if he had any kind of winners attitude he'd train his guts out back himself to get the starting spot and secure a new contract.

I think Macca is the kind of defeatist attitude that has stunk up the team, the total opposite of a Hodges type who wouldn't care who he was up against because he backed himself to be the best.

That was a backflip of Olympic gymnastics proportions, or dare I say DCE proportions.

We need Macca, because we do not have an NRL ready hooker as a backup for when Turpin eventually goes down. Turpin also is hard struggling with 80 minutes.

As expected, Macca is making his play to leave, issuing an ultimatum to love him for an extra year, or set him free. Word is the Broncos can free up to $500k from their cap if they let him go, and it could happen next week.

Kevin Walters said:

“Like a lot of our players who are off-contract, we want to see them play some football and then we will go from there. Andrew is no different. I want him to play the football I know he is capable of and if he does that, he puts himself in the frame to get a new deal. We’re going to have a meeting about his future and to be honest I’m not sure where it’s going to end.”

View attachment 11327

Wanted

“Look, I’ve made it clear I want to keep Andrew. We’ve had some discussions and I want to keep him here this season, he’s a Broncos legend. I know how I feel about it and I want him to stay. He has a big role to play under me and he has a contract with us for this season.”

Hall of Famer, Gorden Tallis sticks his nose in for no particular good reason:

“It‘s a tough decision for the Broncos. They have Jake Turpin on their books and McCullough has a longer-term offer from the Dragons. Macca has been a great player for the club for a long period of time, but the Broncos have supported him coming back from his hamstring injury. It‘s a big decision for Kevvie and the recruitment-and-retention committee. Turpin seemed to have the jump on him last year but now that ‘Macca’ is back, he has a huge fan in ‘Kevvie’.”

McHunt

We need Macca, because we do not have an NRL ready hooker as a backup for when Turpin eventually goes down. Turpin also is hard struggling with 80 minutes.
Turpin had serious injury problems last year, If he stays injury free his match fitness will obviously be good enough to play 80 minutes, at the back end of the game we need speed out of dummy half and Macca has the acceleration of George Rose. Paix is likely to be the 14 he's still very young, can cover halves and had some promising moments.

The more I think about it, a bloke who signed a contract to play this year and who wants out, should either honour his contract and STFU, or refund the balance of what he's been paid this season and be extremely grateful if the club lets him go without some kind of penalty for breach of contract. The notion that the club should have to carry any of his wage this year, when they want to retain him, is ludicrous. It's not the club's problem that he doesn't have a contract for next year. There are loads of players in that position.

So yes, I agree: **** him.

Active Now

• I bleed Maroon
  • Allo
  • Cavalo
  • Jedhead
  • Griffo
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Hurrijo
  • broncos4life
  • Battler
  • Kev_Guz
  • scobie
  • BruiserMk1
  • Sproj
  • Aldo
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Financeguy
  • bb_gun
  • Bongo
  • The Boss
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.