NEWS Macca sends his condolences

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Macca is loving his exile in Newcastle, larging it with local legends such as Paul Harragon, Matty Johns and Danny Buderus. He's eager to “soak up what Newcastle is about:”

“The team, the town, the old players. Harrogan tells me about his battles and the type of footy player he was and how he dealt with retirement and how the old boys hang out. Danny is in the bubble so it makes it easier to chat footy and tell the old stories.”

“It all happened (the transfer) in 48 hours. I like to turn my phone off when I’m home just to get away from things. I had a nap, woke up and then had all these missed calls from different numbers. I saw an opportunity at Newcastle. Regardless of how it played out, I would’ve been dirty on myself if I didn’t take it. I just wanted to give it a crack and look back on thinking ‘gee, that was a good time of my life’. This has given me a new lease of life in terms of my footy.”

128a5d6a5a0962b19ad233dddf012ce6

King and Queen of Newcastle

With 12 seasons already banked as a loyal Bronco, and an option in his favour to return next year, he's now unsure whether he wants to return to the house that Pies is burning down. Nonetheless he still keeps in touch with his former wards Tom Dearden and Xavier Coates:

“I feel for them because I know how some of those boys would be feeling. There are some great kids there. Things aren’t right for whatever reasons and it’s tough and you don’t see how it’ll turn around. I feel helpless but I’ve been checking in on guys and giving them lessons – a way to deal with it and block things out. Tommy and Xavier lived with me. I told them what I did right and wrong during tough periods.”

McHunt

What a champion bloke
He actually is a real good fella from all I hear. I don't know him directly myself , it's a friend of a friend of the family type thing, but they've known him and his family since forever and I've only ever heard good things. Shame he had to go and in such a fashion. Pretty much sums up our 2020 really. It sucks even harder because I like seeing him do well but on the other hand **** Newcastle.

He actually is a real good fella from all I hear. I don't know him directly myself , it's a friend of a friend of the family type thing, but they've known him and his family since forever and I've only ever heard good things. Shame he had to go and in such a fashion. Pretty much sums up our 2020 really. It sucks even harder because I like seeing him do well but on the other hand **** Newcastle.

I’m at a double advantage, Newcastle is my second team.

His dad is an amazing bloke. My mum had a fair bit to do with him for decades now. A really incredible artist too.
Any chance you could be half brothers?

My father is a Polish cockhead. I could only wish for someone of that caliber.
On a slightly related note, my accountant and my personal banker in the UK are both Polish. A lot of the Polish diaspora are moving back now.
[automerge]1595672766[/automerge]
@McHunt you must have missed the saga thread titled “Find my Family”. BHQ helped me find him, and then deal with finding what I wish I hadn’t.
Good grief. I did miss that. Sounds awkward.

Last edited:
sorry to see this happen to Macca. He was having a great time at the knights and really seemed to fit their style. Such a shame for the poor fella.

Another Kahu in the making, next season is a write-off anyway so idc.

Some toss named Ben Glover on nine’s website has reported Macca is on $600k per year and will return to us next year at that same price.

Active Now

• Jeza23
  • Fozz
  • Brocko
  • Browny
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • NSW stables
  • Sproj
  • mystico
  • Fitzy
  • Mick_Hancock
  • BroncosAlways
  • Foordy
  • theshed
  • Stix
  • Adammacca
  • Bucking Beads
  • Waynesaurus
  • Morepudding
  • Mightybroncs2k17
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.