Maroons Origin III Squad

Remember when Slater was injured and Inglis filled in for full back - then had the game of his life... so tell me, who is full back then for 2013? (I personally think Slater will be back there next year, but just throwing the possibility out there - full backs often lose their spots in these type of scenarios)

Remember when Slater was injured and Inglis filled in for full back - then had the game of his life... so tell me, who is full back then for 2013? (I personally think Slater will be back there next year, but just throwing the possibility out there - full backs often lose their spots in these type of scenarios)
The best player in the game generally gets first preference for his spot, so it'll be slater.

The whole Dave Taylor thing has just about been done to death but this article is interesting and seems to intimate that there is more to his situation

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...nal-problems-are/story-e6frepbx-1226413149835

AXED Queensland star Dave Taylor's wife and family were permitted to stay in the Maroons' Coolum Origin camp before game two as the 122kg forward deals with a "personal" issue.

"The unusual situation can be revealed as coach Mal Meninga alluded to Taylor's clouded mind last Wednesday, when he said: "He's just going through a little tough period personally and professionally".

Meninga then omitted Taylor from the Queensland team in favour of debutant Ben Te'o last Friday.

Taylor's wife, Ashlee, spent most of the Maroons preparation for Origin II by his side.

The Rabbitohs forward also suffered a bad head cut before the game when the Maroons claimed he "fell out of bed", making it a less than ideal preparation for such a big game.

Also in the above article

Souths are even allowing his wife to go with him to their away games as well.

Seems a bit weird.

But then, I am into conspiracy theories.

He's certainly been playing like a 'distracted' player for a few weeks now ??

I hope he can get over whatever the problem is, and get back to some awesome form ..... he'd be great to have in the QLD side when he's on fire !

Having her in the bed reduces his chance of falling out by 50%

Yeah.. would make a lot of sense given the whole situation.. I guess Mal had other reasons for excluding him from the team...

060511 blues

Back to the future..

Remember when the blues last won? 2554 days ago and the Courier Mail has more...

"WHEN NSW last won a State of Origin series - 2554 days ago - champion mare Black Caviar had not been conceived, and Tom Cruise had just jumped on Oprah's couch to declare his love for Katie Holmes.

Twitter had not been invented. Facebook was called "The Facebook" and was for the exclusive use of invited college students and employees of Apple.

In fact, Apple CEO Steve Jobs was still sketching out ideas for the inaugural iPhone, which was released two years later in 2007."

and

"John Howard was Australia's prime minister, Peter Beattie the Queensland premier, and NSW skipper Paul Gallen was still somewhat innocent."

Last edited:
Fact: Nobody has ever had a Facebook status celebrating NSW winning a series.

Active Now

• Morkel
  • BroncosAlways
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Waynesaurus
  • Manofoneway
  • Ras
  • Fitzy
  • Strop
  • broncos4life
  • MrTickyMcG
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Galah
  • Culhwch
  • Foordy
  • LGH
  • Johnny92
  • GCBRONCO
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.