PLAYER Matt Lodge - Discussion

Discussion in 'Brisbane Broncos Talk' started by Super Freak, Feb 20, 2018.

1. talanoa

talanoa NRL Player

boyd's attitude needs a change before anything. his constant whinging and staring at referee's after he has been tackled just makes my piss boil.
    i still look at our pack and the only one who would strike a bit of fear in the opposition may be gillett and this is only when he shoots out and tries to lay a big hit on. the really good teams have tough hard hombres that opposition teams dont like to see.
    moose tries but he isnt big enough.
    i dont rate the dragons a birlliant pack but you look at frizzell (he just looks damn tough and plays that way) de belin is a good example - and slightly less of an extent vaughn and graham have that edge about them.

Rico likes this.
  2. Thaiday is so close to playing reggies it isn't funny. Those idiotic runs back into the ruck accomplish so little. I mean the defenders are already there and don't have to position themselves. Where our greatest defence problem is located is in the first contact. Years ago I witnessed tiny little Jeff Robson drop ,in their tracks three big guys in a row, totally by himself. One big centre and two big forwards, not once did he go above their belly buttons.

If you watch last nights game check the first contact. Nobody bends at the waist and drives into the ribs or hips. They stand and try to one arm in an attempt to wrap up the ball. If you're falling face first at a great rate of knots you seldom see a player throwing beautifully timed passes as self preservation takes over. Alf used to face plant forwards time and time again, Milford runs along yelling tagged tagged. He simply will not tackle and this has gone on for years.

St George's Ah So loved it, he knew he wasn't getting his jersey dirty and plowed ever onwards. He would have been eating dirt if Alf tackled him and yes, I do remember them changing the rules yada yada yada

3. Viti

Viti QCup Player

The problem nowadays though is if you go low you give the other team a quick play the ball. I agree with what you’re saying about our ineffective tackling though, our contact is shit, our wrestle is shit and our aggressiveness is pathetic. It’s pissed me off for so long that we have such a passive defence.

4. Foordy

Foordy

NRL.com says 1099m gained for the Broncos

5. I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon State of Origin Rep

If that's true then it just paints an even uglier picture for our spine.

6. Foordy

Foordy

the Dragons made around 1600m +

7. roo-ted

roo-ted NRL Player

Dragons made 1641 we made 1099

8. How quickly some forget...

Before getting dropped by Griffin in what I think was his last performance for the Broncos, Martin ‘The Pillow’ Kennedy managed 4 runs for 34 metres...

Compare that to Lodge in a well beaten team with 14 hitups, 138m gained and 29 tackles.

I could be wrong but I don’t think we ever saw that sort of work from Kennedy and rarely if ever from Blair either.

Now his game wasn’t perfect, but let’s have a bit of perspective on this, shall we?

9. Foordy

Foordy

and lets also not forget that neither of those players were essentially rookies who had been out of the top grade for 3 seasons.

Lodge only played 12 NRL games before the incident happened.

Jason Simmons likes this.
  10. Tom

Tom NRL Captain

I love how nothing has been said about this since the footy started.

11. holdzy89

holdzy89 NRL Captain

Don't worry, if we start dominating it will come up again.

Tom likes this.
  12. ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak NRL Captain

13. Kudos to James Graham for what he did at the end of the game in seeking out Lodge.

14. ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak NRL Captain

How surprisement. Lodge has a quiet week and the Sydney gutterpress go away.
    This week, he carves up and the DT have a story on how he’s the devil in disguise according to his ex.
    I couldn’t even bother linking to the drivel.

15. Hasn’t got her hand out for an earn too, has she?

Wouldn’t surprise me...

16. kat00

kat00 NYC Player

By christ he's copped it in the papers today and channel 9 just gave it to him, particularly Liz Ellis.

17. Mightybroncs2k17

Mightybroncs2k17 QCup Player

Yeah sports Sunday are ripping into the bloke today. No new allegations it’s all old news.

18. Foordy

Foordy

**** the media ... they are just butthurt that Bennett dissed them during the post match PC.

it will have the opposite effect (as usual) to want they are hoping for ... by firing up the team and ensuring they keep their "siege" mentality

19. He is in a Broncos jersey mate so it's all new, expect some accusations of stolen lunch money from high school to pop up soon.

20. Renegade

Renegade NRL Captain

As I've said in the past, this is on the NRL - if they say no we're not going to allow people like that in our code then fair enough, discussion ends there.

Brisbane are only operating within the guidelines set by the NRL.

Porthoz and Nashy like this.