Matt Lodge Discussion

Paul White and Wayne need to cancel all media conferences and interviews until the media learn to shut their mouths.

Last week it was the broncos halves and forward pack. This week we beat the premiership favourites and we are back on Matt Lodge.

He has done a lot of bad things in his life but by all reports he has done a lot to turn his life around. The media are now bullying this guy and if he goes and does something stupid like hurting himself because he can’t handle the pressure then they are to blame.

Not one for trial by media but let's not forget that his indiscretions are not subject to conjecture.

If you've got a history such as he does, you're a fair target for criticism. Much of the questions being asked of his character and readmitance are not unwarranted.

But we are past debating his readmittance, he is readmitted. This is not new information and at this point it is bullying. A line is in the sand, he has made significant changes and sought extensive help to improve himself and this latest story is prior to that. How far do you want them to go? Should they see if their are any kids he beat up at high school? Maybe he wouldn’t share his toys with the other kids at day care? When is enough, enough?

Lodge has done much of his rehabilitation out of the public eye. I'll put a certain amount of faith in White et al that they're satisfied with his efforts, but without hard evidence, it's not surprising that public opinion remains divided at best.

The story will continue to have legs as long as it captures the public imagination.

From a club perspective, I do think limiting his exposure is the right call, as it denies his detractors further ammunition. It does, however, leave him/us open to criticism in the short term.

Lodge has done much of his rehabilitation out of the public eye. I'll put a certain amount of faith in White et al that they're satisfied with his efforts, but without hard evidence, it's not surprising that public opinion remains divided at best.

The story will continue to have legs as long as it captures the public imagination.

From a club perspective, I do think limiting his exposure is the right call, as it denies his detractors further ammunition. It does, however, leave him/us open to criticism in the short term.

There has been plenty said about what he has done. What evidence do you want? Do you want to go to his counseling sessions with him?

What club do you support again?
Broncos? Titans? Dragons since Hunt is still your avatar?

The fact that you've got Lodge as your Avatar says all I need to know about you.

It is very clear to me that this forum and the majority of Broncos fans have the same low standards as the Club and Bennett has these days. How sad it is that a once fine club has now become a home of filth. The Broncos are fast becoming just another club. What a shame.

The fact that you've got Lodge as your Avatar says all I need to know about you.

It is very clear to me that this forum and the majority of Broncos fans have the same low standards as the Club and Bennett has these days. How sad it is that a once fine club has now become a home of filth. The Broncos are fast becoming just another club. What a shame.

well answer the question ... who do you support? or are you too ashamed to answer

well answer the question ... who do you support? or are you too ashamed to answer

I don't know how many times I have to answer this. I don't support any team.

Surely you can't be a titans fan? Greg bird GLASSED A WOMAN IN THE FACE...... sad what a team will resort too to get off of the bottom of the ladder. The Nsw titans/seagulls will always be a tiny little club that never bothers big brother. We have premiership trophys, the titans trophy room is probably filled with photos of games where you got within 10 points of the "once great club"

I mean this very seriously....

You know your life has hit rock bottom when you go on to clubs/sports you don't like comments sections/forums to try to stir the pot. It is bordering on a mental illness and in no way, shape or form indicates you're winning at life... seriously sad. What goes through your head to do it? How much time do you have free? Do you think it seriously is enjoyable? I mean, seriously, it is epically sad haha

Then why have you made over 21,000 posts on a Broncos forum.
I don’t support any teams in the A-League. I have exactly 0 posts on all the A-League teams forums collectively.
Do you see where I am going with this?

Why can't he? Just because we don't like what he has to say doesn't mean we should kick him out.

That only leaves us with an echo chamber.

I don't know how many times I have to answer this. I don't support any team.

This seems like a fanciful lie to me so you can sit on your high-horse and be exempt from any criticism whatsoever. Everyone has a team. I mean it's a public forum and obviously anyone is welcome, but the other day you said you hardly even watch the sport anymore. If you hardly watch the sport and don't have a team then what in ****'s name are you doing on a rugby league forum discussing rugby league?

Why can't he? Just because we don't like what he has to say doesn't mean we should kick him out.

I’m not offended by what’s been said, everyone is entitled to their opinion.
But this isn’t a generic Rugby League forum, it is a Broncos forum.
If you read some of my previous posts, you will see that I understand this to be a place where people can discuss all things Broncos, positive or negative.
There are also places within this forum for discussing other things on all different topics.
However, if you don’t support the Broncos, why spend years on a Broncos forum. Wouldn’t you be better suited to a generic Rugby League forum.
After all, I very much doubt Bucking Beads has over 21,000 posts on the Rabbitohs forum, or Roosters, or Eels and so on.
I honestly don’t see how my sentiments seem strange to anyone spending time on a very specific forum - outside of trolls.

Last edited:

The Broncos being the home of filth is a bit of a stretch. He did what he did 3 years ago and has paid for it ever since and continues to pay for it. I think the real shame is that so called supporters like yourself can call our club the home of filth.

I do agree that he can have his own opinions, but don't you think it's abit of a troll move calling the Broncos the home of filth on a Broncos forum

The Broncos being the home of filth is a bit of a stretch. He did what he did 3 years ago and has paid for it ever since and continues to pay for it. I think the real shame is that so called supporters like yourself can call our club the home of filth.
Show some respect, Beads has been a Bronco fan longer than most on here. The fact that he is anti-Lodge doesn't make him a traitor. He is passionate about the subject and he is allowed to be and his opinion is as valid as yours or mine. He is certainly not the only one unhappy about Lodge being at the club and it has certainly caused a mass of controversy. It will all blow over eventually especially if he keeps his nose clean. I have a feeling he will only spend one season here anyways which is fine by me as he is nothing special.

And what exactly does it tell you? You come across as quite holier than though really.

All i would say about Lodge is he messed up, and he messed up in a gigantic way. His life is either going to go one of two ways. He will slip up again and lose everything, or he can show the world what he did was wrong, learn from it and educate other people based on his mistakes and become a positive influence. He does have the capability to change lives for the better. Its up to him now.

The media witch hunt about him now is simply disgraceful. They could have printed these stories about him 12-18 months ago.

Active Now

• Midean
  • leon.bott
  • armchair
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Culhwch
  • Dash
  • Big Del
  • Ondi
  • Bish
  • Swordfish
  • Santa
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Fozz
  • Kev_Guz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.