Matt Lodge

Penrith went on a spree of scholarships, rep selection and contract offerings which favoured (word use lightly for politics) specific nationalities and backgrounds for a while. Then Gus had to come in and sort out the mess.

Wait what?

I know! Couldn’t believe it when I read that...

Why stop there though? Maybe what we really need is a good healthy dose of eugenics, in our recruitment and retention decisions!

Maybe through in a bit of Phrenology for good measure and have our ‘coloured’ development players work the cotton fields a bit for ‘life skills’?

Unbelievable...
Sen si tive

What??!!!? Did you actually post this? In that case I think we should throw an Asian, a Russian, an Arab, and an African into the forward pack too.
To have a mix of indigenous, Islander and caucasian players in your team spread throughout the backs and forwards gives you a far stronger competitive edge.
Don't shoot the messenger

Sen si tive
Yes, coppers are a very sensitive mob, never calling people names, never sitting around drinking and sharing war stories replete with colourful descriptions of various groups. They always are so sensitive to peoples feelings!

Yes, coppers are a very sensitive mob, never calling people names, never sitting around drinking and sharing war stories replete with colourful descriptions of various groups. They always are so sensitive to peoples feelings!

Cool, so lets all support more racism then. You work in the mines do you not?

Paragons of sensitivity...

How the **** was what I said racist??
You know there are didn't races.. it isn't racist to acknowledge people of colour and their genetic strengths and how they can be an advantage in professional sports

How the **** was what I said racist??
You know there are didn't races.. it isn't racist to acknowledge people of colour and their genetic strengths and how they can be an advantage in professional sports

It’s one thing to say there are people of different race. Another thing entirely to identify so-called ‘characteristics’ based on their alleged race...

Last edited:
It’s one thing to say there are people of different race. Another thing entirely to identify so-called ‘characteristics’ based on their race...
Like their ability to grow bigger younger due to genetics
Their body shape builds and grows differently to other guys
Indigenous players we just celebrated last round and the difference their participation brings to the sport. How the diversity is great for the game and more specifically on game day whereby their abilities shine differently to other players.
It isn't racist. You're being overly SJW for the sake of nothing.

It’s one thing to say there are people of different race. Another thing entirely to identify so-called ‘characteristics’ based on their alleged race...
FYI

racism

/ˈreɪsɪz(ə)m/

noun

prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.

Pointing out one race's objective characteristics or STRENGTHS, highlighting them as a POSITIVE is not racist.. not prejudice. Just Biology

Like their ability to grow bigger younger due to genetics
Their body shape builds and grows differently to other guys
Indigenous players we just celebrated last round and the difference their participation brings to the sport. How the diversity is great for the game and more specifically on game day whereby their abilities shine differently to other players.
It isn't racist. You're being overly SJW for the sake of nothing.

Wow, just keep digging that hole deeper, buddy.

We did indeed just celebrate indigenous round. Did you hear much about the ‘genetic difference’ between Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and ‘Europeans’ and how this manifests itself on a football field and decides what someone is ‘suitable’ for, or was the whole thing about celebrating the culture and people involved in football, and bringing these varying cultures and people together?

Gee, I wonder...
[automerge]1558964262[/automerge]
FYI

racism

/ˈreɪsɪz(ə)m/

noun

prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.

Pointing out one race's objective characteristics or STRENGTHS, highlighting them as a POSITIVE is not racist.. not prejudice. Just Biology

Racism:
“the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics, abilities, or qualities specific to that race.”

Last edited:
Wow, just keep digging that hole deeper, buddy.

We did indeed just celebrate indigenous round. Did you hear much about the ‘genetic difference’ between Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and ‘Europeans’ and how this manifests itself on a football field and decides what someone is ‘suitable’ for, or was the whole thing about celebrating the culture and people involved in football, and bringing these varying cultures and people together?

Gee, I wonder...
[automerge]1558964262[/automerge]

Racism:
“the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics, abilities, or qualities specific to that race.”
Yes. I did. Did you watch NRL360?

"What makes the indigenous players different to other players"

Check out their answers

Racism smacism. When it's okay to proclaim 'I'm white and I'm proud' then we'll have arrived. While it's considered offensive to say this but okay when you replace white with black then we are a long way off. When that racist mundane slagged a fellow boxer and used colour as his reasoning we didn't hear a peep about. Most of we white folk ignored it, didn't bother us but it spoke volumes about us as a nation.

We should have crucified him in the media. He should have been called out. The world is overflowing with overly sensitive people yet when mundane was racist it was silence, that's when I knew we really had a problem. It's got to be balanced and it's not.

How long do think it will be before Bullemor plays first grade? @1910

Yeah unfortunately I think TPJ is the odd one out for what other clubs could offer, Bullemore has footwork and similar build to TPJ and Lolo.

Bullemor is more Gillett, those other two would have 15-20 kg on him.
[automerge]1559038031[/automerge]
How long do think it will be before Bullemor plays first grade? @1910

Needs a spot and a role, I don't think there is either yet.

Last edited:
Bullemor is more Gillett, those other two would have 15-20 kg on him.
[automerge]1559038031[/automerge]

Think he's already got a bit on Gillette, still 18,19 few more preseasons. Would be pretty destructive in SR though.

Active Now

• Dash
  • Harry Sack
  • Broncorob
  • GCBRONCO
  • leon.bott
  • Xzei
  • Redux
  • IceWorks
  • Bronx48
  • broncos4life
  • Fozz
  • RodF
  • Midean
  • Foordy
  • TimWhatley
  • KateBroncos1812
  • FACTHUNT
  • Wolfie
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Brocko
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.