McCullough Ready for 80 Mins

Mister Wright

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
Jun 8, 2009
I know we didn't win and it came about because of injury, but I think McCullough now needs to play 80 mins every week. He showed against the Warriors he can handle full game time. I'd still keep Hunt on the bench as injury cover and a 'Cooper Cronk in Origin' role. McCullough is really showing his potential this season and should be rewarded with more game time.

The thing standing in the way of that though is his inconsistency. We know how good he can be, but IMO we get too frequent reminders of how crap he can be. I just don't think that at this point in time he can be relied upon to give good, consistent performances week-in-week-out for 80 minutes.

I don't think he can either, but we may very well have to keep him there until he learns. The Storm and Manly spines have great combinations with their 1, 6, 7 and 9. If we are to ever develop the same chemistry and understanding with our spine then surely that starts by having the same guy at dummy half. Our pack is the best in the game, but come September we are going to need a well-gelled spine to back that up. Not sure you really get that if our halves are constantly changing what hooker they are playing with.

We don't need another forward on the bench anyway so I'm leaving Hunt there and keeping Macca to 60 mins. He isn't up to 80 mins

I wouldn't mind them trying Hunt coming on in as an extra ball player. Similar to Cronk for QLD, except we'd benefit more because Wallace and Norman are obviously much worse than Thurston and Lockyer.

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Broncorob
  • davidp
  • Organix
  • Brocko
  • Jazza
  • Midean
  • Fitzy
  • Dash
  • Xzei
  • broncos4life
  • Allo
  • Waynesaurus
  • Mustafur
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Lurker
  • TimWhatley
  • BroncosAlways
  • Mightybroncs2k17
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.