• My couch made me a potato

Votes: 12 60.0%

• Total voters
Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
Will you become a member or renew your membership this season?
Will you leave your couch for the live experience, or is there no way you'll relinquish that comfort?

I'm still debating whether or not to take a full membership or just an awesome foursome as I found myself missing 4 of last year's games for a diversity of reasons.

The fanatic package isn't for me, but it certainly is an attractive option for those who want bang for their buck!
http://www.broncos.com.au/news-display/Super-Extras-In-XXXX-Fanatics-Membership-Package/66139

Last edited:
I've got myself a full membership for the first time. I've been saying I will every year for the last 6 years or so and just never have. I usually only make 3 or 4 games a season so I'm looking forward to a full season of live home games.

Nah and I'll probably never become a member. Friday night games suck. If we had more day time games I'd definitely consider membership.

I honestly hate the fact that we play basically every game on Friday and IIRC the few day time games we do get are usually the pre-origin games missing our stars.

My couch is cheaper and more comfortable. I'll go to a few. Maybe.

If we have any good (i.e not V the Sharks minus our origin players...) games on Sunday afternoon then I'll probably go.

Nah and I'll probably never become a member. Friday night games suck. If we had more day time games I'd definitely consider membership.

I honestly hate the fact that we play basically every game on Friday and IIRC the few day time games we do get are usually the pre-origin games missing our stars.

This.
I was a ticketed member '96 and '97 and the rushing to get to Friday night games got old real quick.
I'll just get another regional membership and go to a couple of games.

Like others have said I'm sick of Friday nights and it's almost like a chore to get there after 5 years of membership, give us some bloody variation Gyngell you prick!

Undecided at the moment, however I don't want to break my membership streak :001_tt2:

The scheduling is apart of the reason why my family decided not to renew our membership. It just became too much of a hassle to consistently organise and rush to the stadium every Friday night, especially when some of our party would like nothing more than to put their feet up after a long tough week.

That's why I find it funny when opposition fans accuse the ARLC of pandering towards the Broncos. Yes there are some perks, but there are just as many disadvantages to consistently play in that time slot.

I like that the Broncos are putting more effort into their membership. Their video cracked me up and the automated message was a fun way to interact with fans. Can't say their non-ticketed membership packages entice me and unfortunately I just can't commit to any ticketed membership at this stage. If things change, I'll definitely get in on it otherwise I'll just make whatever games I can.

EDIT - Just realised they had a pet membership. :lol: at first I thought that's how they were referring to their members.

Question - Is the Broncos Yearbook essentially just the magazine subscription or is it a book that just completely covers the Broncos season?

Last edited:
I'm renewing but I was a bit hesitant because of the price (mine's $500-ish now!). I don't mind Friday night games TBH. I've made the habit of going to the pub after work just before the game lol.

But now with the possibility of working overseas, maybe renewing wasn't a good idea lol.

Haven't been a member for many years and with the more and more stupid the rule book becomes and the more and more wrestling becomes involved in the game the less and less I enjoy watching the matches, so I see little point in paying money to watch them.

If they limited the interchange down to 4-6 and limited the amount of people who could enter a tackle (especially after momentum has been stopped) and put more onus on ball carriers to have some ball security then I would look at commiting to more games as they would be far more entertaining.

Haven't been a member for many years and with the more and more stupid the rule book becomes and the more and more wrestling becomes involved in the game the less and less I enjoy watching the matches, so I see little point in paying money to watch them.

If they limited the interchange down to 4-6 and limited the amount of people who could enter a tackle (especially after momentum has been stopped) and put more onus on ball carriers to have some ball security then I would look at commiting to more games as they would be far more entertaining.

On a tangent.. but I think I enjoy watching Queensland Cup more than NRL these days. Some of the best/most dramatic games of rugby league that I saw this year were in the QCup.

And going on from what you said, there's less emphasis on wrestle which leads to more open footy. There's greater variation in the type of player on the field as well. There is still room for the little, nippy blokes (who are often ruled as being too small for the NRL). Big forwards, smaller skillful forwards etc - same deal in the backs. Plus you've got the fringe NRL blokes, youngsters on the rise and even players at the back end of their career like Ty Williams and now Petero.

As an experience, I reckon it's a lot more enjoyable. You can get out on the field at halftime and run around. Food/beer is cheaper. Can chill out on a hill and watch.

I am a bit biased though. The enjoyment factor stems largely from being involved with one of the clubs. I care about how they perform more than any other team.

..so no Broncos membership for me. :P

Didn't manage to get to one game this year after hitting 5 or 6 in 2011. So hard to get to games on a Friday. Want a membership but will pass again.

I chose not to renew. Reasons were many:
1. New baby due in February
2. Channel 9's almost certainty to put most of the Broncos' home games on Friday night - being out all day at work and then not home until 11 or later, leaving the missus alone with all the kids, not fair
3. Financial pressures

Given the draw has just been released up to round 22 and the Broncos play all their home games on Friday or Monday night, my decision is justified.

It's pathetic isn't it... Every single game on Friday or Monday night. What a joke. Give us some day time games ffs, there goes another year where I won't attend any home games. For me, Friday night = couch watching. No way I'll ever become a member with friday night games every damn home game. FFS give us some day time games, fans way prefer them and all those sooky clubs can get Friday night tv exposure.

It's pathetic isn't it... Every single game on Friday or Monday night. What a joke. Give us some day time games ffs, there goes another year where I won't attend any home games. For me, Friday night = couch watching. No way I'll ever become a member with friday night games every damn home game. FFS give us some day time games, fans way prefer them and all those sooky clubs can get Friday night tv exposure.

Yep. And I won't pay for foxtel so I'll miss out on seeing the Monday night games. Saturday games I might be able to justify a leagues club outing or something.

Actually I'm hoping when the NRL decides on its mobile/internet rights there'll be a way to pay for a live online stream. Not holding my breath.

It's a dogshit draw from a dogshit administration. Grow a set Ffs.

I'm trying to be positive for the online streaming rights but I get the feeling I'll just be disappointed.

this may be a dumb question..... but do the Broncos ever train at night? Any time I seem them on the news, it's always from early/mid-morning training sessions. I would've thought training at night when you play all but one or two games at night would be more beneficial.

Bit of a weird draw in any case.

Active Now

• KateBroncos1812
  • Financeguy
  • Battler
  • Santa
  • peter09
  • Sproj
  • Browny
  • barker
  • Brocko
  • winslow_wong
  • Mr Fourex
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Culhwch
  • lynx000
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.