Votes: 4 20.0%
  • I am or will be a new member

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm still undecided

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • My couch made me a potato

Votes: 12 60.0%

• Total voters
this may be a dumb question..... but do the Broncos ever train at night? Any time I seem them on the news, it's always from early/mid-morning training sessions. I would've thought training at night when you play all but one or two games at night would be more beneficial.

Bit of a weird draw in any case.

That's a good question actually.

I'm trying to be positive for the online streaming rights but I get the feeling I'll just be disappointed.

Haha, this is Australia buddy, we're about 15-20 years behind when it comes to 'online' stuff. :laugh:

Too true man, everything is restricted here. Licensing and copyright completely restrict what technology can do for us. We're held back constantly by regional restrictions.

Can't remember the last time I saw a night training session. They're usually in the mornings.

I've renewed my seat for next season. Looking forward to it.

I chose not to renew. Reasons were many:
1. New baby due in February
2. Channel 9's almost certainty to put most of the Broncos' home games on Friday night - being out all day at work and then not home until 11 or later, leaving the missus alone with all the kids, not fair
3. Financial pressures

Given the draw has just been released up to round 22 and the Broncos play all their home games on Friday or Monday night, my decision is justified.

Coxy, I've gone the other way.

New baby due in January.

The fact that every home game for the Broncos is a Friday does suck. Previously it has worked out fine as I would be going out for drinks after work anyway so just meant going to the game.

I still want to keep in touch with the mates that I go with and you still need to keep your own life as normal as possible despite the new additions to the family.

Sunday afternoons would be much more accommodating for families.

Fair enough. Thing is with my missus on Fridays she has to take the younger one to and from preschool, and the older one to and from school, plus lugging bub around, and most importantly my eldest does little athletics on Friday night - so she'd either have to take him and pick him up or get someone else to do so.

It's too exhausting to do all that and throw in a newborn into the mix.

Hopefully late in the season I might be able to get along to a game or two, but frankly I'd be just as happy to watch from home these days.

Fair enough. Thing is with my missus on Fridays she has to take the younger one to and from preschool, and the older one to and from school, plus lugging bub around, and most importantly my eldest does little athletics on Friday night - so she'd either have to take him and pick him up or get someone else to do so.

It's too exhausting to do all that and throw in a newborn into the mix.

Hopefully late in the season I might be able to get along to a game or two, but frankly I'd be just as happy to watch from home these days.

It does get a bit exhausting. Often, even this season, we'll go out to a movie or dinner or something with friends and I'll have the footy taping and watch it when I come home (ad free, thanks TiVo).

Friday night footy on TV with a stocked fridge and a couple of friends is one of life's greatest gifts

I would have renewed my membership but i work away too much that its not worth it for me as i can't get to games. i may just get one of those non-ticketed memberships

have posted this plenty of times before. would sign up for membership tomorrow if i could get a 'floating' seat. since i cant do that, theres no point. as i generally go a couple games a year with family, one with mates from townsville for the cowboys game, and the rest with varying amounts of mates. generally only miss 1 or 2 home games a year so not interested in becoming a regional member after spending 300-400$ on tickets already.

I remember reading about that in this thread: http://broncoshq.com/showthread.php/19671-Lockyer-s-Farwell-at-Suncorp/page5

What we do when people who aren't in our membership group want to go to a game and sit with us is get them to call up the ticket office or go to one in person and ask for seats in our row nice and early.

Being on the second tier this usually works and they can even just ask for the same bay and just sit in some spare seats surrounding us. Only works for games under 35k though.

Last edited:
Anyone know if it's possible to cancel a membership? Looks like I'm more than likely to be overseas for a bit next year and I already renewed my membership.

Anyone know if it's possible to cancel a membership? Looks like I'm more than likely to be overseas for a bit next year and I already renewed my membership.

Tweet @brisbanebroncos and ask. They usually respond.

Tweet @brisbanebroncos and ask. They usually respond.

Sweet. I should probably ring them lol. I'm a bit torn cos my work thing isn't put to paper yet, so I don't wanna cancel everything I have here lol.

Sweet. I should probably ring them lol. I'm a bit torn cos my work thing isn't put to paper yet, so I don't wanna cancel everything I have here lol.

That's why I'd just tweet it as a hypothetical, just so you know your options.

I had membership for the 2009 season. Absolutely lived it, however it got way too expensive with drinks before, during & after the game. Add the cab fare home & it became very expensive.

My situation has changed with a 1 year old & therefore having much less time & money. I try to get to about 3-4 games a year if I can. Also know someone whose husband works for QRL so get free tickets to games.

That's why I'd just tweet it as a hypothetical, just so you know your options.

I rang Broncos the other week, they said it's pretty simple to cancel but if I'm not sure about my job transfer yet, just let them know in January. Then if I cancel it, I have to let Debit Success (the ones in charge of the payment) know. Hope that would be an easy process!

I'm going to try getting to more games next year. Will be a challenge though because there is a chance i'll be doing volunteer work assisting with a junior Rugby League club.

Looks like I'm canceling my membership. How bittersweet.

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • Waynesaurus
  • Sproj
  • DrGee
  • Foordy
  • kman
  • Brocko
  • Bucking Beads
  • Maddy
  • Mr Fourex
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Fitzy
  • RolledOates
  • Jazza
  • BroncosAlways
  • BruiserMk1
  • Evander
  • Justwin
  • Browny
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.