Meninga or Griffin ?

BroncosAlways

BroncosAlways

NRL Captain
Contributor
Jun 20, 2013
So everyone, with the rumours circling about Mal looking for a coaching spot, I'm wondering what everyone's opinions are
Should we stick with Hook or try something new in Mal ?
Personally I don't think Hook offers much at all now (except for his riveting post match conferences), and if Mal was coach he could at least possibly attract some new names to the club.

Griffin....for now. Not keen on Mal.

So everyone, with the rumours circling about Mal looking for a coaching spot, I'm wondering what everyone's opinions are
Should we stick with Hook or try something new in Mal ?
Personally I don't think Hook offers much at all now (except for his riveting post match conferences), and if Mal was coach he could at least possibly attract some new names to the club.

Look, why would WE even consider swapping Hook for Mal?!

Sure, he is a legend of the game, but he does not have the runs on the board when it comes to the weekly grind of the NRL.

Hook has a plan. He has a strategy. All he needs IS time.

Hook has a plan. He has a strategy. All he needs IS time.

Although I dont agree at all with that, I'll respect your opinion.
I cannot see hooks plan nor any possible strategy, it seems to me he just doesn't want our team to play any attacking game whatsoever, either that or there's something deeper going on in the team.

I doubt Meninga would be keen on being an NRL coach and I doubt he would be that good at it either.

I would like Meninga in some sort of role at the club to help attract players, but not as the head coach, thank you!

P.S. Beads, your avatar makes me want you...

I would like Meninga in some sort of role at the club to help attract players, but not as the head coach, thank you!

P.S. Beads, your avatar makes me want you...

Yeah, with people's avatars for a split second I always think its them. So everytime I read one of beadsys posts I'm like "damn, beads is Hawt!

Origin suits him better than a club gig, plus hes just a man motivator isn't he? I thought Hagan did all the tactical stuff.

If he was to be involved with the club to recruit people then by all means.

Origin suits him better than a club gig, plus hes just a man motivator isn't he? I thought Hagan did all the tactical stuff.

If he was to be involved with the club to recruit people then by all means.

Are you saying Hook as Coach and Mal as recruitment, or continue looking for head coach while keeping Mal there ?

No thanks Malcolm..he is only looking for a new job because his business died. Not a good enough reason.

Yeah, with people's avatars for a split second I always think its them. So everytime I read one of beadsys posts I'm like "damn, beads is Hawt!

Beads is only hot if you are into the hairy, farting trucker look. :thumbup1:

Are you saying Hook as Coach and Mal as recruitment, or continue looking for head coach while keeping Mal there ?

I'm saying anyone other than Griffin & Gee, both should be given the arse next year.

What's that you say? "but who comes in? come on put in some suggestions" - really don't give a toss, that's up to White.

I'm saying anyone other than Griffin & Gee, both should be given the arse next year.

What's that you say? "but who comes in? come on put in some suggestions" - really don't give a toss, that's up to White.

No I agree, they need the flick
Unfortunately it wont happen unless we finish in the bottom 3, and even then they'll probably spin some BS talking about rebuilding...
Oh well

I doubt Meninga would be keen on being an NRL coach and I doubt he would be that good at it either.

Thanks a bunch for backing me up on this one Beadsy. It is disappointing when so many 'so called fans' here don't give Hook the support he should get. Hook lives and breathes maroon and gold and if people would just have some patience.

Oh, by the way, I am also lurrrvvn your newest avatar too BeadMan!

Have a wonderful evening everyone.
Benayahu. But please call me Ben :)

Meninga has no reason to coach an NRL side. His business is huge, he's a new dad and he's already talking about succession plans for Qld- he's tied to the QRL for another 3 years.

Mal would be able to attract big names to the club and I would be very supportive of him if he got the job. Mal probably has become more professional coaching wise since his record breaking Origin stint and would be keen to challenge himself further. Hook bleeds for the club but is set in his ways and doesn't look like changing the club.

I am going for Griffin but I would like to see him get an assistant focusing on attack

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Browny
  • bb_gun
  • Harry Sack
  • Brocko
  • Skathen
  • ChewThePhatt
  • sooticus
  • Mustafur
  • Spoon
  • BroncosAlways
  • Sproj
  • davidp
  • FACTHUNT
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.