Meninga's Raid on the Broncos.

Meninga actually commented on that story on Fox Sports ... says their priority is a hooker.

Also says he has no idea where Badel got his figures from.

I do have this question to ask Badel ... how is raiding the wooden spoon club going to turn someone into a powerhouse?

Last edited:
Meninga actually commented on that story on Fox Sports ... says they're priority is a hooker.

I do have this question to ask Badel ... how is raiding the wooden spoon club going to turn someone into a powerhouse?
Petey still doesn’t realise you only have 2 centres in a team so I don’t think he has the comprehension skills to answer your question.

Nothing new in this story, that's why I didn't bother with it. Padding the Sunday Mail with recycled quotes.

HScreenshot 2021 03 21 Broncos NRL Team The Courier Mail

Last edited:
I have absolutely no love for the Titans, i think they are the most irrelevant club in the scheme of the NRL but cant blame them for kicking us while we are down. I would hope we would cherry pick them when the tides turn.

Easier for them to poach players from down the road vs. trying to get players from Sydney or Nth Qld so good luck to them. Lets see how happy the playing group still is when players like Don and Wallace who have seen them through the bad times are told they are no longer wanted due to the shiny new toy arriving.

We need players that are willing to bleed for the club so any that want to move to the Titans might be short term loss but long term gain.

Problem is they are all retired.
Yep, we had the historically but they still exist. Players like Josh Jackson, Gutho, Kenny Bromwich, Mitch Barnett, Liam Martin, JFH, Trbojevic, Alex Johnston, Kyle Feldt, wade Graham, Tapine, Jarrod Cromer etc
The kind of players that would not seem right or want to be in another teams colours. Sure a few like Gutho and Graham didn’t start at their current club but you wouldn’t know it by how they played.

I remember when we signed Milford and we were the biggest scumbags in the world to do that to Canberra. Titans are now doing the same thing to us over and over and now they are future powerhouses, look out big brother! **** the media, **** Meninga and **** the Gold Coast.

Meninga actually commented on that story on Fox Sports ... says their priority is a hooker.

Meninga also said they never spoke to Cameron Smith but then after he announced his retirement said they’d had at least 2 serious conversations.

I wouldn’t trust what Meninga says anymore than I would trust what Badel reports. The truth is likely somewhere in the middle.

Last edited:
I'd vulture us too if I were another club, it would be a pretty easy selling point - why play for a contender for the spoon when you could come help us play finals and maybe challenge for the title?

We very well may have to go down the Newcastle route and sign a bunch of over the hill dudes just to stabilize the ship before we throw the boat at an up and comer (like they did for Ponga)

Last edited:
I'd vulture us too if I were another club, it would be a pretty easy selling point - why play for a contender for the spoon when you could come help us play finals and maybe challenge for the title?

We very well may have to go down the Newcastle route and sign a bunch of over the hill dudes just to stabilize the ship before we throw the boat at an up and comer (like they did for Ponga)
I'm beginning to think that's going to be the option. We used to have the junior pipeline to go to but Seibold plundered that in the past two years (and ruined how many of them for good in doing so? Who knows).

We DESPERATELY need experience, in both the forwards and the spine, due to consistently fucking up our recruitment and cap. We haven't had a good fullback in what feels like over a decade, barring two good years from Boyd in 2015 & 2016. We haven't had a good halfback in many years either, except for Hunt in 2014 & 2015. There's something seriously wrong at the joint, and I really do not know how Pete Nolan still has a job there.

We used to have the junior pipeline to go to but Seibold plundered that in the past two years (and ruined how many of them for good in doing so? Who knows).

it's our junior pipeline that is being raided

I think the broncos should leak that they are considering or intending changing/reducing their investment in junior player development systems and investment in grassroot footy given the lack of benefits for the club.

It will shake the nrl who have been too reliant upon the broncos to identify develop and bring players into the mainstream only for scouts for other clubs eyes.

The nrl may then introduce some incentives for clubs producing/developing juniors which the nrl builds their brand on

Last edited:
it's our junior pipeline that is being raided
It is, but my point moreso that at the moment there's not many of them to turn to because they've already debuted. Players in the past we might have taken our time on have played already (or in the case of Coates, already played Origin).

It's unfortunate we lost Walsh but with the exception of him we really have debuted a lot of the first grade worthy juniors already.

Active Now

• Manofoneway
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Fitzy
  • Fozz
  • Xzei
  • FACTHUNT
  • Culhwch
  • Aldo
  • Waynesaurus
  • Skyblues87
  • bb_gun
  • KnToad
  • Broncosgirl
  • RodF
  • Fatboy
  • MrTickyMcG
  • MrMoore
  • johnny plath
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.