OFFICIAL Michael Maguire Appointed Head Coach

Unfortunately, and I know you'll dispute this, but Payne isn't the best prop in the game. He's brilliant at what he does, but what he does isn't what a great prop should do. He doesn't run hard, there's no intimidation, he doesn't offload, his play the balls are slow, he doesn't sting in defense, his goal line defense kinda sucks too. He's fit as **** and makes a lot of metres, but we don't need metres from him. We need a quick play the ball while he's got 3 or 4 blokes hanging off him instead of carrying them an extra two metres while the defensive line resets.
There's definitely a debate to be had around Payne's contract. I would have hated to lose him, but in a perfect world, I'm hoping we let go of him, and Madge is able to lure Mitch Moses.

Remember when the players went to Kevvie to complain about training being too hard? They should enjoy Madge.
Player power just removed one coach. They wont blink an eye lid to remove another. With their anonymous survey of course.....

There’s been a lot of talk about the importance of McGuire getting the old boys onside to unite the club and honour the traditions so the Broncos can move forward as one, and I agree it’s important.

BUT…

It goes both ways. These old boys have to be willing and motivated to support the man the club has put in charge and get behind the vision and support the club. It seems like a lot of the old players (Tallis and Parker especially) are keen to just rip shreds off their old team and complain about / criticise everything.

Madge should involve and honour all the old boys who still WANT to support the team, old boys who are only interested in using us to generate headlines and talking points can go jump.. we don’t need or want them. Not saying the old boys can’t be critical of the club, but at the end of the day they need to get on board and support the teams journey if they want to remain involved.

I will, I want my club to be successful. I will be so happy if he takes us to the promised land. I will never not support the Broncs and he is now Broncs' coach, so I'm behind him.

I think his biggest job first up is to win over the old boys and unite the fractured playing group - if he does this - he will already go a long way to being successful.

I am hopeful.

He can forget Tallis though ...

Tallis isn't a Bronco, he told us repeatedly last night

Spoke very well to be fair.

curiosity GIF

Here we go

There’s been a lot of talk about the importance of McGuire getting the old boys onside to unite the club and honour the traditions so the Broncos can move forward as one, and I agree it’s important.

BUT…

It goes both ways. These old boys have to be willing and motivated to support the man the club has put in charge and get behind the vision and support the club. It seems like a lot of the old players (Tallis and Parker especially) are keen to just rip shreds off their old team and complain about / criticise everything.

Madge should involve and honour all the old boys who still WANT to support the team, old boys who are only interested in using us to generate headlines and talking points can go jump.. we don’t need or want them. Not saying the old boys can’t be critical of the club, but at the end of the day they need to get on board and support the teams journey if they want to remain involved.

Agreed but if Maguire tries to get them onside, that is the key. If they don't get onside, that's on them but he can then take the high ground (it's important, ask Obi-wan) and make them look like stubborn old fools but at least he shows he has tried to honour what has come before.

God I hope he tells Oates to find himself a sprint coach and find some more speed then give him another chance.
It should be possible at 29 to find a few mtrs.
I hope Oates doesn't get another contract. Time to move on well and truly. He isn't signed for next year

There's definitely a debate to be had around Payne's contract. I would have hated to lose him, but in a perfect world, I'm hoping we let go of him, and Madge is able to lure Mitch Moses.
I don't want to lose him because he could be that player. He just isn't yet. You watch the games where he's angry or wants to throw offloads and he can do it. So a good coach, giving him a role he understands will help him become the best prop in the game. He probably gets too many minutes. Give him 40 and tell him to go until he's tired. Give him some tape of Spencer Leniu and ask why he isn't running that hard, show him old Thaiday tape of him hitting the deck for a quick play the ball so we can give our fast players space. He has the ingredients, there's just nothing outstanding other than his metres made stat.

TBH, I am pretty impressed with how Madge comes across. He communicates well. Very different guy to Kev. Lets go!
This.

He came across incredibly well in that presser.

My favourite things:
- mentioned at length how much he wants to bond with the players, special attention to Walsh, Reyno (obviously) and Payne. Sounds like he's already spoken with Payne about this appointment, tbh
- develop the players, including their football character (exactly what we've been screaming for)
- he's learned to discover what works with some players doesn't work for others, so he is keen to manage players as best suits them
- embracing the community
- history might be important but is about the current crop
- happy to work with the 'history' but with focus on the present
- happy to talk to Gordie, and happy to give him something to talk about this week (lol get rekt)

The main thing - he didn't want the questions to stop. And there was little to no repetition of answers.

Not sure that Teo and TBaz are safe.

DD basically told the old boys to get get over it and get on board, or get f**ked, politely.

Spoke very well to be fair.

Here we go

He always has. If you watched the the tigers doco you would see.

Although some may say it was teetering
on movie quote cringe esque sorta stuff lol. He was probably putting it on a bit for the cameras though.

Player power just removed one coach. They wont blink an eye lid to remove another. With their anonymous survey of course.....
Player power, plus staff power, plus being terrible on field, plus training poorly etc.

He's not got the boot because of the players

Active Now

• mieko
  • Brocko
  • Ondi
  • Jason Simmons
  • Morkel
  • Tim K
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Ffs...
  • bert_lifts
  • Pablo
  • davidp
  • Howie
  • levikaden
  • Hurrijo
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Waynesaurus
  • Foordy
  • Allo
  • HarryAllan7
  • TwoLeftFeet
... and 27 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.