OFFICIAL Michael Maguire Appointed Head Coach

Didnt say it was. But if you want real answers whatever review you have should have a degree of anonymity. A survey was probably just the most expedient way of doing it.
Who knows… all the players who played like shit this year may point fingers so as to not blame themselves… all the pass mark players might be like rough year we can do better look forward to next year….

If that’s a faceless survey it just looks shit for the reviewer/reviewee

It’s day one, I wouldn’t expect any different. He starts making calls today and Mozer gets arrested in Munich and suddenly he needs Paix.
Bahahahahahaha yeah that's totally it. It's day one and 1910 is already trying to rewrite history that Billy is the best 9 we've ever had.

Who knows… all the players who played like shit this year may point fingers so as to not blame themselves… all the pass mark players might be like rough year we can do better look forward to next year….

Like when trump gets the W in November…

Everyone on here will be like **** me there’s some dumb redneck ***** in America… because it’s faceless…

Given the timeline, I think the club already knew they wanted to replace Kevvie. The review was just an extra excuse they could use.

Given the timeline, I think the club already knew they wanted to replace Kevvie. The review was just an extra excuse they could use.
If they knew… and there was another coach on the market earlier this year…. Why didn’t they go to him hat in hand?

As I just said, he was arguably the best player on-ground in a Grand Final at the age of 20, it's paying on potential, for sure, but that doesn't mean it's an egregious decision from the club. If we didn't pay him that money, you can be damn sure someone else would've.

I don't have much issue overpaying a couple of players on potential, it's not the same as overpaying guys who are barely first grade quality, which is what happened a lot between 2017-2022.
So was Milf

Piaks is also being paid on potential

Riki will be on starter money, but he should have pressure and probably isn't an automatic starter week in and week out.

Retaining one or both of Cobbo and Staggs could end up having to pay overs, because we don't have much coming through and can't really afford to lose 3 starting centres in 2yr.

Giving contracts to Billy, Madden and Rogers through to 2026 is tripling up on mediocre players... on top of the large amount of mediocre players we already have.

Four fucking hookers in the top 30!!

Releasing Capewell early knowing you have zero depth in the position.

There's so much carelessness with contracts being handed out that we may have trouble retaining players like Willison and Mozer this year.

It's a lack of planning with the Top 30 roster... they're not appreciating the value of a Top 30 contract and the balance is way out of whack.

Depth heading into next year is as horrendous as it was this year and there's not much room to move without being able to release the vast amount of mediocre we have accumulated.

If they knew… and there was another coach on the market earlier this year…. Why didn’t they go to him hat in hand?
Maybe they really wanted Madge (DD has a history with him), and it made sense to wait out origin and the season?

So are the club heirachy on your naughty list for being deceitful little bastards Santa?

Didnt say it was. But if you want real answers whatever review you have should have a degree of anonymity. A survey was probably just the most expedient way of doing it.

You said it’s the only way to get feedback. I disagree with that and asked around today across a few clubs and they all said never done a survey always face to face so you can gauge comprehension and discuss.

It’s the only way you get real feedback & when everyone starts saying the same things it’s pretty easy to seperate from the whinges.

Maybe they really wanted Madge (DD has a history with him), and it made sense to wait out origin and the season?

My gut feel was they wanted Madge 4 years ago but Kev being a club legend and working hard got his opportunity, I don't know that they were ever really sold on Kev, it was always slight extensions here and there without nailing him down for a long time.

I know Kev will still be a club ambassador but it's going to be difficult for him to get a head coaching gig at another club, you sort of get the sense that for him he only ever wanted to coach the Broncos. I know he coached other teams but it always seemed like coaching the Broncos was the end game.

Remember when the players went to Kevvie to complain about training being too hard? They should enjoy Madge.
Which year did that occur, because I can't actually remember?

I feel like it must've been 2022 after the collapse, because in 2023 they were fit as **** and probably one of the fittest teams in the comp.

You don't get that way if you're complaining about the training being too hard.

Also complaining about training being too hard also speaks back to your leaders in the playing group... a squad of players that isn't willing to put in the hard yards in order to win may as well not even be there.

So are the club heirachy on your naughty list for being deceitful little bastards Santa?
Yes.

Merry Christmas Fight GIF by Violent Night

Which year did that occur, because I can't actually remember?

I feel like it must've been 2022 after the collapse, because in 2023 they were fit as **** and probably one of the fittest teams in the comp.

You don't get that way if you're complaining about the training being too hard.

Also complaining about training being too hard also speaks back to your leaders in the playing group... a squad of players that isn't willing to put in the hard yards in order to win may as well not even be there.
This is part of the reason 2024 sucked as much as it did. We had a shortened preseason on both sides and came into the year undercooked. A few injuries early and BAM we were 2022 again.

Mostly what I got from the tigers doc was just swearing and philosophical words for the sake of words, but I guess you can’t really talk about tactics at half time
Yes you can, and yes you should talk tactics at half-time. See the Bulldogs game this year.

An ex Bronco told me a story about Wayne at half time. Was getting towelled up in a certain way. Wayne said to him to forget everything he knew and had been taught about defence, and to do something completely different.

It worked.

Active Now

• sooticus
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Waynesaurus
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Griffo
  • heartly87
  • broncsgoat
  • Aldo
  • lynx000
  • Turky Murky
  • Johnny92
  • BroncosMan
  • theshed
  • johnny plath
  • cento
  • Fozz
  • Redfern_1980
  • Harry Sack
  • Xzei
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.