OFFICIAL Michael Maguire Appointed Head Coach

Anonymous feedback also allows respondents to be more bitchy and makes things up too. "Real feedback" is only really enabled when you have a culture of people not being afraid to speak their mind (respectfully) which is ongoing and not only at review time.

If there were issues, it should be addressed then and there, with no real surprises at the end of the year. But in saying that, given the timing of everything, it seems like DD and Co. were well aware already.
If you are going to the trouble of getting an independent third party to do a review I would assume you would be trusting their ability to sift through what may be petty grievances & what is genuine criticism or concerns, which is where an interview or discussion format would be most ideal, rather than a survey. A report could then be compiled with respondents contributions kept anonymous. The club could then use that information to take back to staff & players to address more broadly.

Yes, in a perfect world people would not be afraid to speak their minds, but even in environments where that may be encouraged & supported not everyone will have the confidence to speak up.

I think it is a million to one Kev would ever land another head coaching role in the NRL, there's just no way anyone would be interested in him. Maybe the Qld Cup could be an option. He could just go back to Fox League for a cushy role too.

I would not be the least bit surprised though to see him pop up as Sticky's assistant at the Raiders next year. They are best buddies and I think Stuart might reach out to offer him a gig if he wants to stay involved in the NRL.

Seibold landed another gig after destroying our club.

Kevvie did a good job breathing life back into the club, so he'll get one if he wants it. Especially as he's coached in a GF.

That being said now he's coached us, I'm not sure he'll want to coach another club ... I think may go back to a career in the media

Seibold landed another gig after destroying our club.

Kevvie did a good job breathing life back into the club, so he'll get one if he wants it. Especially as he's coached in a GF.

That being said now he's coached us, I'm not sure he'll want to coach another club ... I think may go back to a career in the media
Plot twist… he coaches nsw

My 2c on the matter...

Of all the available options, Madge was the most logical choice. The other candidates who were touted lacked the necessary experience and it was in the club's best interest to deliver change ahead of 2025.

Whether the appointment will lead to premiership success is another point entirely. I certainly don't expect the Broncos to be serious contenders in 2025 and I expect there will be a ton of challenges ahead.

I don't expect him to come in and immediately teach the Broncos how to play like the Penrith Panthers. Also despite my sulking on the matter, I don't expect Kotoni Staggs to start taking the heads off of key players either.

I do expect more attention paid to defence and more emphasis on the edge forwards. When I think of Michael Maguire teams of the past, it's players like John Sutton, Ben Te'o, Chris McQueen, The Coonabarabran Kid Kyle Turner, Chris Grevsmuhl, Angus Crichton, Ryan Matterson, Luciano Leilua, Luke Garner, Shawn Blore who were all focal points of the team. If I was to hazard a guess at who Madge will likely sign, I'd imagine one of his first marquee signings will be an edge forward.

Now let's say the Broncos go onto have an average 2025 season. 12 wins, 12 losses and either just missed finals or were quickly dumped out, what indicators would I be looking for moving forward? I highlighted a lot of them earlier, but it was largely the development of players.

For instance seeing a player like Mozer take a starting spot, Mariner take a centre spot or seeing a player like Trew fill a wing spot and provide depth. That with some reasonable recruitment and retention would give me enough confidence to hold off on searching for another coach.

An early indicator would be making changes to the 17. If he goes in like Seibold did and it's:

Reece Walsh, Jesse Arthars, Kotoni Staggs, Selwyn Cobbo, Deine Mariner, Ezra Mam, Adam Reynolds, Corey Jensen, Billy Walters, Payne Haas, Brendan Piakura, Jordan Riki, Patrick Carrigan

Tyson Smoothy, Kobe Hetherington, Xavier Willison, Fletcher Baker

I'm not going to be filled with a ton of confidence.

My 2c on the matter...

Of all the available options, Madge was the most logical choice. The other candidates who were touted lacked the necessary experience and it was in the club's best interest to deliver change ahead of 2025.

Whether the appointment will lead to premiership success is another point entirely. I certainly don't expect the Broncos to be serious contenders in 2025 and I expect there will be a ton of challenges ahead.

I don't expect him to come in and immediately teach the Broncos how to play like the Penrith Panthers. Also despite my sulking on the matter, I don't expect Kotoni Staggs to start taking the heads off of key players either.

I do expect more attention paid to defence and more emphasis on the edge forwards. When I think of Michael Maguire teams of the past, it's players like John Sutton, Ben Te'o, Chris McQueen, The Coonabarabran Kid Kyle Turner, Chris Grevsmuhl, Angus Crichton, Ryan Matterson, Luciano Leilua, Luke Garner, Shawn Blore who were all focal points of the team. If I was to hazard a guess at who Madge will likely sign, I'd imagine one of his first marquee signings will be an edge forward.

Now let's say the Broncos go onto have an average 2025 season. 12 wins, 12 losses and either just missed finals or were quickly dumped out, what indicators would I be looking for moving forward? I highlighted a lot of them earlier, but it was largely the development of players.

For instance seeing a player like Mozer take a starting spot, Mariner take a centre spot or seeing a player like Trew fill a wing spot and provide depth. That with some reasonable recruitment and retention would give me enough confidence to hold off on searching for another coach.

An early indicator would be making changes to the 17. If he goes in like Seibold did and it's:

Reece Walsh, Jesse Arthars, Kotoni Staggs, Selwyn Cobbo, Deine Mariner, Ezra Mam, Adam Reynolds, Corey Jensen, Billy Walters, Payne Haas, Brendan Piakura, Jordan Riki, Patrick Carrigan

Tyson Smoothy, Kobe Hetherington, Xavier Willison, Fletcher Baker

I'm not going to be filled with a ton of confidence.
I don't see why we can't compete for the premiership in 2025. If we can drop off so quickly, we should be able to do the opposite just as fast.

In his 1st 3 years at souths he took them from 10th to 2 preliminary finals and a premiership.

I don't see why we can't compete for the premiership in 2025. If we can drop off so quickly, we should be able to do the opposite just as fast.

In his 1st 3 years at souths he took them from 10th to 2 preliminary finals and a premiership.
Let's start with the health of the Broncos chief playmaker 34 going on 35 year old Adam Reynolds.

I think the Broncos are quite delusional that somehow he's going to improve on what he served up in 2023.

Let's start with the health of the Broncos chief playmaker 34 going on 35 year old Adam Reynolds.

I think the Broncos are quite delusional that somehow he's going to improve on what he served up in 2023.

I agree and if we get half a season out of him we’ll be lucky. That said, you would think the onus would fall on the 1 and 6 to really start transitioning ownership from Reynolds to them and that, in the unlikely event it occurs, would make us very competitive.

I agree and if we get half a season out of him we’ll be lucky. That said, you would think the onus would fall on the 1 and 6 to really start transitioning ownership from Reynolds to them and that, in the unlikely event it occurs, would make us very competitive.
I don't think it's impossible but based on everything we've seen it's a tall ask. I just think fans need to prepare themselves that it's not going to all go the Broncos way and that there will be limitations.

So outside of results, fans need to consider other indicators before they get too carried away in the sack Madge thread.

Active Now

• Aldo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.