OFFICIAL Michael Maguire Appointed Head Coach

As long as we get the cows at home, they're all easy wins👍
Nick Offerman Smile GIF

Thought the exact same thing last year when the draw for 2024 was released. But, we all now know how it ended up for obvious reasons. Let’s expect that all the wrongs will get corrected in the preseason coming up.

On a different note, i reckon we always play 2 games against Cows during regular season of which, 1st game is always @Suncorp & the 2nd game back of the season in T’wille.

Betcha we get the storm twice in the first 10 weeks , one panthers game away and a cows
No need to bet. It's the same every year. Don't forget we'll only ever get to play dargons, knights, tigers etc once as well.

News just in folks: Darius Boyd has just quit his role at Broncos

Paywall Source: https://www.couriermail.com.au/subscribe/news/1/?sourceCode=CMWEB_WRE170_a&dest=https://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/brisbane-broncos-great-darius-boyd-quits-mentor-role-follows-kevin-walters-out-of-red-hill/news-story/ed6c4c9495f0ebfebd96c3669d99e439&memtype=anonymous&mode=premium&v21=ULTRALOW-Segment-1-SCORE

Readable Link: https://archive.md/wip/OnVtf

Article saying he advised Kevvie a week or so ago he was quitting. I just wonder though if it is really Madge already going to work so to speak.. He may have had a chat with Darry Boy and advised him his services were no longer required???

think it says he told walters before the fact that he wasnt coming back for 2025,and that it remains to be seen if he comes back now the coaches have changed.

think it says he told walters before the fact that he wasnt coming back for 2025,and that it remains to be seen if he comes back now the coaches have changed.
Interesting quote stating "Boyd was concerned with the direction of the Broncos’ football program". Looks like even he could see the deficiencies in Kev and how he was going about doing things. Wonder who Madge will get in to replace him. GI maybe?

How do you all feel about Boyd going, is he any loss at all?

News just in folks: Darius Boyd has just quit his role at Broncos

Paywall Source: https://www.couriermail.com.au/subscribe/news/1/?sourceCode=CMWEB_WRE170_a&dest=https://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/brisbane-broncos-great-darius-boyd-quits-mentor-role-follows-kevin-walters-out-of-red-hill/news-story/ed6c4c9495f0ebfebd96c3669d99e439&memtype=anonymous&mode=premium&v21=ULTRALOW-Segment-1-SCORE

Readable Link: https://archive.md/wip/OnVtf

Article saying he advised Kevvie a week or so ago he was quitting. I just wonder though if it is really Madge already going to work so to speak.. He may have had a chat with Darry Boy and advised him his services were no longer required???
I'm not sure Madge would come in and remove Boyd without talking to him and players like Walsh, etc. beforehand... unless he has someone in mind to come in for him.

Boyd was one of the best defensive fullbacks of the modern era and Madge is all about defence (ignoring his last couple years when the body was failing). I'd say Madge would want to talk with Darius first to get an understanding of Boyd's philosophy for defence, what he's been doing with the boys in his role to date, where does he see improvement or change, etc.

If Boyd was on the same page as Madge in regards to defence and where to improve the squad then there would be no reason to get rid of him.

At the moment Madge is walking into an environment where there are very few coaches left from the previous regime... who is he going to talk with to get an understanding of what the training looked like last year, insight on players, etc.

He's only got Ballin left at this point... and potentially Alfie.

Without them he'll only have the players... and from that group Reynolds would be the most relevant given he's played under different coaches over his career and knows in general what differences there are between them.

Most of this squad is young and have only dealt with Kevvie or Seibold as their full time professional coach. Only Oates, Staggs and Haas were playing in 2018 under Wayne.

Then we have other players like Taupau, Arthars, Jensen, etc. who have played under other coaches, but most have been brought up through broncos systems into first grade.

It's interesting I thought in the article it makes mention of Boyd cutting up videos to help analyse Walsh's game. Wasn't there an article last week re: the review where somebody was pissed off because they would spend hours editing video etc for Kev to not even make use of it? Potentially this might have been Darius fed up of trying to help out and Kev just ignoring his efforts. Wouldn't surprise me if this was the case. All seems very coincidental. Particularly when Darius has supposedly said he was concerned with where the football program was headed.

Seems like Kev certainly was blindly 'steering' a train wreck and it was only going to get worse if he remained as coach.

I'm not sure Madge would come in and remove Boyd without talking to him and players like Walsh, etc. beforehand... unless he has someone in mind to come in for him.

Boyd was one of the best defensive fullbacks of the modern era and Madge is all about defence (ignoring his last couple years when the body was failing). I'd say Madge would want to talk with Darius first to get an understanding of Boyd's philosophy for defence, what he's been doing with the boys in his role to date, where does he see improvement or change, etc.

If Boyd was on the same page as Madge in regards to defence and where to improve the squad then there would be no reason to get rid of him.

At the moment Madge is walking into an environment where there are very few coaches left from the previous regime... who is he going to talk with to get an understanding of what the training looked like last year, insight on players, etc.

He's only got Ballin left at this point... and potentially Alfie.

Without them he'll only have the players... and from that group Reynolds would be the most relevant given he's played under different coaches over his career and knows in general what differences there are between them.

Most of this squad is young and have only dealt with Kevvie or Seibold as their full time professional coach. Only Oates, Staggs and Haas were playing in 2018 under Wayne.

Then we have other players like Taupau, Arthars, Jensen, etc. who have played under other coaches, but most have been brought up through broncos systems into first grade.
John Cartwright was Madges assistant in origin last year so I assume they'll have/had a few chats about what went on last year

It's interesting I thought in the article it makes mention of Boyd cutting up videos to help analyse Walsh's game. Wasn't there an article last week re: the review where somebody was pissed off because they would spend hours editing video etc for Kev to not even make use of it? Potentially this might have been Darius fed up of trying to help out and Kev just ignoring his efforts. Wouldn't surprise me if this was the case. All seems very coincidental. Particularly when Darius has supposedly said he was concerned with where the football program was headed.

Seems like Kev certainly was blindly 'steering' a train wreck and it was only going to get worse if he remained as coach.
I think the context of that article is cutting up video specifically to work with Walsh ... would be part of his coaching style and working 1v1 with Walsh on his game.

I imagine Maguire would also talk to Briers as well but that is probably not really of any value over the phone anyway, probably can't understand anything he says anyway.

Interesting quote stating "Boyd was concerned with the direction of the Broncos’ football program". Looks like even he could see the deficiencies in Kev and how he was going about doing things. Wonder who Madge will get in to replace him. GI maybe?

How do you all feel about Boyd going, is he any loss at all?
Never should have had a job post retirement anyway. And should have retired 3 years before he did.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • upthebroncs
  • YeahNahMate
  • BroncosAlways
  • Redfern_1980
  • kman
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Bucking Beads
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Hurrijo
  • winslow_wong
  • Lurker
  • johnny plath
  • barker
  • Financeguy
  • BruiserMk1
  • mitch222
  • Rookie Alan
  • Sproj
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.