OFFICIAL Michael Maguire Appointed Head Coach

think it says he told walters before the fact that he wasnt coming back for 2025,and that it remains to be seen if he comes back now the coaches have changed.
Ostensibly, Cartwright left for a head coach job?

Briers left after looking elsewhere in the nrl…

Boyd left reportedly frustrated at direction of footy program…

Ballin was reportedly trying to get a job with des…

It really does paint a picture of a coach who lost the faith of those under him.

Cam Smith talking about appointment of Madge

Makes me laugh.. sounds so supportive of Walters...I wonder how hed respond if asked hypertheticaly if Kev should take the Melbourne head coach role if it was available.. same for all these media types thinking he was hard done by.

Boyd left reportedly frustrated at direction of footy program…

It really does paint a picture of a coach who lost the faith of those under him.
Spot on mate. Add to that, the article a few weeks ago from the former trainer, Mark Chopper Burgess where he said Kev refused to take aboard any feedback. Also, Ikin leaving abruptly. Players like Isaako who went to the Dolphins and was reported as saying he was learning nothing under Kev, Cobbo and Gambles 'can't coach' comments etc etc. No wonder the players were probably so disillusioned and couldn't be arsed this season. They could probably see their careers sinking further each week.

Certainly puts to bed any doubts as to the hiring of Madge. This is no place for a rookie coach. It will take all of Madge's experience, determination and guile to put the broken pieces back together and have the boys humming as they should, given the talent within the team.

You really do wonder what else may come out in the wash regarding the level of dysfunction and incompetence that appears to have existed over the past 12 (or more) months under Kev's reign. I certainly feel many of the players are probably breathing a huge sigh of relief knowing they have seen the last of him.

Those last two aren't true.

The reports were that Des was interested in Ballin. Not that Ballin actively wanted to leave ... The fact that he's still here is testament to that.

Briers wanted to go back to England for family reasons. He was never talking another job in the NRL.

And it's not surprising that Cartwright left for a head coaching roles. That's not a slight on Kevvie, if it was then Cleary must bee a shit coach because he's had several assistants leave for top roles

Spot on mate. Add to that, the article a few weeks ago from the former trainer, Mark Chopper Burgess where he said Kev refused to take aboard any feedback. Also, Ikin leaving abruptly. Players like Isaako who went to the Dolphins and was reported as saying he was learning nothing under Kev, Cobbo and Gambles 'can't coach' comments etc etc. No wonder the players were probably so disillusioned and couldn't be arsed this season. They could probably see their careers sinking further each week.

Certainly puts to bed any doubts as to the hiring of Madge. This is no place for a rookie coach. It will take all of Madge's experience, determination and guile to put the broken pieces back together and have the boys humming as they should, given the talent within the team.

You really do wonder what else may come out in the wash regarding the level of dysfunction and incompetence that appears to have existed over the past 12 (or more) months under Kev's reign. I certainly feel many of the players are probably breathing a huge sigh of relief knowing they have seen the last of him.
If the reports are true of Walsh’s deal being pretty much done, it seemed like pretty weird timing that right after that Walsh news, Kevie got sacked. They absolutely could have nothing to do with each other but I just found it a bit strange.

Obviously Farnworth got more money at the Dolphins but he also said something along those lines of wanting better coaching in the pod with James Graham

Interesting quote stating "Boyd was concerned with the direction of the Broncos’ football program". Looks like even he could see the deficiencies in Kev and how he was going about doing things. Wonder who Madge will get in to replace him. GI maybe?

How do you all feel about Boyd going, is he any loss at all?

I am fucking horrified to learn that the useless prick had anything to do with the club still.

Obviously Farnworth got more money at the Dolphins but he also said something along those lines of wanting better coaching in the pod with James Graham

It's one of those things players say to mislead fans into believing said player wasn't thinking with his wallet. If we had have gotten close to the reported 850k offer the Phins made he still be playing for us. The Phins made that ridiculous offer before his performances of 2023

To me there is nothing dumber than all the talk of Madge not allowing Reece Walsh to have painted nails or wear sunglasses in the change rooms. Nobody could possibly give a **** about this stuff.

Until Madge himself says it, it is nothing more than BS the media are using to fill column inches

With all this talk about Madge whipping the **** out of the players and shit, I recon the players will probably come into pre-season prepared & ready, expecting him to be way worse then it’s actually going to be.

Crichton said on his pod with Mansour before he went into blues camp he was a bit scared of Madge because of the “Tales from Tiger Town” shit, but he actually turned out to be a good bloke and all that aha.

Obviously origin is a different beast because the players he’s dealing with are the best of the best

To me there is nothing dumber than all the talk of Madge not allowing Reece Walsh to have painted nails or wear sunglasses in the change rooms. Nobody could possibly give a **** about this stuff.
There is definitely nothing wrong with it in my opinion mate, he's a young bloke/millennial and maybe just likes to express himself in different ways.

What Madge will take issue with, however, is if Reece's mind is elsewhere (social media/partying etc) and not 100% on the job at hand - which is to make the maximum use of his god-given talents and help his team win footy matches. He can't be having a 95% focus only. Madge will not tolerate that. I do think Reece wants to be the very best he can be though, but Kev's coaching, or lack thereof, was limiting this ability to an extent.

The same goes for Mam as well.

I'n not trying to lay the boot into Kev, but I saw a very similar situation (although to a lesser degree) with JD this year and last.

It's so ridiculous... they talk about panthers with swagger and all that shit... Luai in origin with his speaker, etc. and yet they always want to talk about Walsh negatively... it's the same crap as what Carroll was spewing before origin.

Sydney centric morons in the old boys club that are still stuck in the dinosaur age thinking blokes should be out the back having a dart and acting like Tommy Raudonikis.

If Walsh is wearing something on TV he could be getting paid to wear it and these morons don't realise that the more focus they put on him the more money and free shit he's probably getting.

Aren't the painted nails with Reece something to do with his daughter??

Until Madge himself says it, it is nothing more than BS the media are using to fill column inches

I'd believe it. WB was very well known for not allowing his players for years to have fuckwit haircuts, I think you've read his book where he talks about it?

Look at some of the imagery from last year in the GF week. Reece was one of the biggest wankers going. Need to pull that shit in, you are a team, not an individual.

What about warming up without a shirt on? That generated a lot of discussion earlier this year.

What about warming up without a shirt on? That generated a lot of discussion earlier this year.
I noticed that and thought it was unprofessional. Certainly think wearing a short while warming up out on the field or on the sideline is required.

Active Now

• winslow_wong
  • broncsgoat
  • broncoscope
  • Redfern_1980
  • FACTHUNT
  • Gaz
  • Redux
  • Sproj
  • porouian
  • broncos4life
  • Mr Fourex
  • Tim K
  • Johnny92
  • Culhwch
  • Howie
  • Mpost
  • Hurrijo
  • BroncosMan
  • YeahNahMate
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.