OFFICIAL Michael Maguire Appointed Head Coach

Coates and Herbie have improved their biggest shortcomings since leaving. Coates was excellent at leaping athletically and dropping the ball. He had a poor carry out of trouble. Now he is a real aerial threat because he’s catching the ball from those athletic leaps. And his tough carries are excellent for a tall, lanky man.

Herbie’s biggest shortcoming for years has been his inability to find his winger when there’s been an overlap. He seemed perfectly capable of it this year.

Broncos broke Dearden, thankfully he was able to find a coach who simplified his game and now he’s one of the game’s elite running halves.

Sure it’s only three examples, but when those three have gone on to become amongst the best players in their positions it’s pretty damning.
Dearden was very young. Hard to say he wouldn't improve from that age. We knew his talent and he has developed well but as a running half. I get why we moved him on. We needed an experienced game manging half at the time.

Herbie developed a lot while here and Coates left quickly. I would have expected them to kick on based on the experience they have now got either here or at their new clubs.

Quotes below from Zac Lomax yesterday on Madge taken from FoxSports. The number of big name players all coming out recently confirming what a great coach he is from their origin experience. They can't all be wrong.

“Madge was unbelievable. He’s the best coach I’ve had, hands down,” he said. “I absolutely loved every second of it. “Madge, the best thing about him is he’s a good fella. He knows what the team needed. “His job… he just wanted to bring everyone together. The way he went about it was unbelievable. It’s the best thing I’ve seen. “He deserves every success that goes his way. “I’m sure he’s going to have a real successful stint at the Broncos, for sure".

I don't watch much of most of them but guys like Mitch Moses, Payne Haas, Angus Critchon and Spencer Lenui even Lomax played some of the best footy I've seen from them in origin under Madge. Knew their jobs and put 100% into doing that.
Another thing that stands out is game 1 when QLD were playing against 12, Cobbo and Co were tearing the left edge apart he moved Stephen Critchon to that side and that put a stop to that pretty quick.

Walsh standing behind the try line talking to the trainer on the 5th tackle was also decisive . Panthers scored while Walsh watched on .
It`s all good to be a genius with the ball in hand . But , there is also work to be done when your team hasn`t got the ball . Always remember that .
Agreed. Walsh is poor off the football. Half a fullback. Hopefully Madge can reach Walsh.

Reynolds put us needlessly under pressure with poor choices, and execution in the last 40.

Because the players are running the Wests Tigers.

It was lead by Marshall etc. And look who's the coach of the Tigers Marshall & look how that's turning out.
The tigers got rid of madge after a review completed by Tim sheens (who the club had previously canned, and just finished up with in remeditation regarding payout).

Tim sheens' recommendation was to get rid of madge and replace him with. . . . Tim sheens! With the plan for sheens for a few years to hand over to Marshall who has no prior senior coaching experience. And this plan did not even withstand with sheens going early again.

Tigers are a joke.

If he is he's got a bloody long way to go ... The Billy Walters nepotism crew set that record ages ago and they're not done yet

Hey don't forget the Sailor neptism. We have at least two arguments.

It’s getting pretty boring .

Well , sorry , I`m not sorry .
Million dollar contracts come with responsibilities . Walsh missed his job .

It seems to me too many people over look that as a reason the Broncos didn`t win . I`m not letting him off that easy .

Active Now

• Pablo
  • ChewThePhatt
  • broncsgoat
  • YeahNahMate
  • Sproj
  • Mighty Bronx
  • mrslong
  • Harry Sack
  • GCBRONCO
  • Tmac
  • Bucking Beads
  • westy316
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.