NEWS Michael Maguire to coach Broncos

Optics of it all are terrible though.
I’m past giving a shit about optics, sacking a club legend was always going to look shit, I just want to win. I’m done with caring what others think because this was never going to look right to anyone. If we give him more time, we would be blasted for wasting another season and Gordie and his boys would be saying he deserved more time anyway.

The optics of having Madge ready to go is the perfect example of the media hypocrisy. On Friday morning James Graham does an “emergency podcast” to discuss the Kevvie sacking and they sit there criticising the club for not having a coach ready to go saying “who sacks a coach when they don’t have someone to replace him with, it’s madness”. 2 days later James Graham is on the Sunday Scrum agreeing that it’s a terrible look that we have Madge already sounded out. This coming from who I thought was the only person in NRL media with some integrity.

I certainly think he told him to jam in and smash the 'merkin' if those rotten Queenslanders dare run that shape.

Again he told on himself with the Taylan May whataboutism.
Sure, I would be shocked if he didn’t. There is a long way between that and shoulder charge his head.

Does Gordie live in Brisbane? Was he born in Brisbane? Did he play for a non-qld team? Is he a member of the broncos or some pseudo-qld team instead?

I hope maguire comes out and ROASTS the old boys. This team is not theirs or about them...

I hope he quotes braveheart:

"There's a difference between us (gordie). You think the people of this land exist to provide you with position. I think your position exists to provide those people with freedom/premierships. And I am going to make sure that they have it."

Sure, I would be shocked if he didn’t. There is a long way between that and shoulder charge his head.
It's unbelievable that people think this. Like with all the shit about cte and the nrl clamping down on any head contact, that a head coach would instruct their player to go out and shoulder charge someone to the head.

Like you, I've no doubt they said, go out and smash the **** if he digs into the line. People are taking this and running a fucking mile with it and turning it into "madge and joey s cooked up this nefarious scheme in the backroom to take Walsh out of the game and potentially end his career"

It's just absolute nonsense.

If you understand what smash means in that context then you know you're running an extremely fine line.

He thought he'd get away with it, which is why he brought up the Taylan May incident.

Anyone that lives in Brisbane knows these players walk around the place with their chests puffed out and think they're king shit despite not having won shit.

Madge won't stand for that level of arrogance.
Nor should he.
This is going to be great…
That nail Polish 💅 will chip right off in the off season boot camps.
The kids will learn the only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Day 1 of Madge Mania.
Line up you young punks….

Him saying “I’m a titan” like there is some sort of pride in that is a hilarious
One of my all time favourites, along with Webcke, but they both are starting to sound like crack heads.
Please don’t go the way of Parker… 😔

I know Madge has a reputation for being hard-nosed and all, but I think after his experiences at Tigers & Rabbits, and how those jobs didn't end well, it's probably safe to assume he's evolved and learned a lot. I'd like to believe he's not just that these days, if you know what I mean.

Naw but feel for reece, carrigan and cobbo they ought to have some beef with that goddamn blues coach💀💀😭😭

Tallis: “When did south’s win, 2014? Wow, that’s a long time ago, a hell of a long time ago”

Read: “he’s won test series against Australia, an origin series”

Tallis: “if that’s your theory Mal coaches because he won 8… or if you go for premierships, you go Wayne”

….

Who last won a comp in 2010?

Never change, Gordy you dumb shit.

Active Now

• ostin86
  • pennywisealfie
  • Pablo
  • Professor47
  • Alec
  • Hurrijo
  • I bleed Maroon
  • DrGee
  • heartly87
  • ozzball
  • Hoshsie
  • theshed
  • cento
  • Nightwatchman
  • rnabokov
  • Battler
  • The True King
  • Locky24
  • lakers133334
  • Skyblues87
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.