OFFICIAL Michael Maguire Appointed Head Coach

Tallis is a Titan. Imagine hearing that from your former captain.

I'd ban him from all events
Absolute muppet.
He took a year off to play for the club.
Bled for the team, won premierships.
He’s been to the Titans facility maybe a dozen times and he is a Titan…
“Lose my number brother”
So sad…

Well it was supposed to anonymous.. What did you expect? Call each player in but pretend he doesn't know who he's talking to?
That’s not how a professional football team should be holding a review. It’s a high school level review. No wonder Kevvie flipped out. lol

No-one is blindly defending him, we are just responding to the points you are making that are not correct. Plenty of things to criticise without making stuff up.
You literally defended the idiotic decision to extend Kevs contract a few posts back. Blindly defending a moron CEO and Board. Well done. I can’t make this stuff ups

Clearly what they should have done is have a piece of cardboard in front of them so when the player walks into the room they don’t know who it is. Then when Jordan Riki comes in and says “Churr bros it’s Jordan Riki should I sit or stand?” you just pretend you didn’t hear that.

They were going to use voice changing technology but Cobbo was up first and it was immediately evident that wasn't going to work either.

He took responsibility and acted swiftly on finding a new coach when this one was failing. It’s only half a week in but I guess he could bring in a head of football and assess if our recruitment has what it takes to build the team the new coach wants.

What specifically do you think Dave has done wrong?
Yes, usually these things start with unofficial complaints from people unwilling to put their jobs on the line, so they already knew what was going on in the club, the review independently ratifies it and gives the board something concrete to act on.
Madge is available so he is sounded out and wants the job and the decision is made he is a better option as head coach.
Publicly, Kev is getting at least the start of next year but what if we have mediocre results and sneak into the 8 making it harder to sack Kev.
In the mean time Madge is snapped up and the board lose their preferred option.
The club had to make a choice, they made it.

“I loved every minute coaching the Blues,” said Maguire, who denied Billy Slater’s Maroons a hat-trick of titles.

“To feel the support of a state, and everyone that was involved in the team, players and staff, it was an incredible momentum.

“That’s what makes me hungry to want to go back and coach more and more in the NRL space.

“The NSWRL were great and very understanding. The position was very rewarding and naturally I expected to be doing it again next year but they’ve always known that I see myself as a career coach and I do miss club coaching.”

“The players and the staff were incredible, absolutely incredible,” he said.

“I think they’re in a place where they can take things forward with or without me.

“I was only one piece of the puzzle. Everyone had to play their part to be where they are now and the group is set up to keep building on our success this year.

“I suppose if you can bleed for the cause, that’s what I like building ... I actually like building something that can be self-sustainable and keep rolling.

“The staff are in place. The NSW players understand what it takes, they’ve built the expectations, so there’s no reason why it can’t keep progressing in the way it has.

“It will be hard to leave because coaching at Origin level probably gave me a lot more than I expected. It taught me a lot. I think it’s made me a way better coach.

“Many of the things that it’s given me is what I’m going to take moving forward, which is this opportunity in front of me.”

“I like that Brisbane’s got that prestige, it’s a huge club and brand,” he said.

“A challenge like that makes you hungry for more.

“It’s not the first time I’ve talked about wanting this role.

“I love the big clubs. All NRL clubs are big in their own way but the Broncos mean a lot to the town.

“It’s got a big space in the competition. They fill a big space in the competition.

“I’m looking forward to being able to try and take all the different talents but then build a character around the team.”

“The club’s been able to create that image because of their success (winning six premierships from 1992-2006),” Maguire said.

“Like the people before us have been able to create that, it’s about, to me, working towards that and being in that same space.

“You can talk about it, or you can create it and do it, so I guess that’s something there to aspire to.

“Whoever’s involved at this present moment can be a part of those conversations (of NRL greatness) if you achieve that status (winning a premiership).

“Being able to be a part of the legacy of those great teams over periods of time is something that would be a really enjoyable part of coaching the Broncos.

“If this crop of players succeeds at the Broncos, they can put their names next to some of the greatest players that have ever played the game.”

What fucking club is not going to extend the contract of a coach that had just made a GF and actually looked to be turning the club into a premiership force?
The fact that we extended him this year and now have a new coach isn't raising any red flags for you? Are we really trusting this Administration?

You literally defended the idiotic decision to extend Kevs contract a few posts back. Blindly defending a moron CEO and Board. Well done. I can’t make this stuff ups
I gave my opinion on why that might have happened, if you disagree with my opinion that’s fine but that doesn’t mean I’m blindly defending. All you are doing is criticising without addressing anything. You say that the anonymous survey on survey monkey was wrong yet you won’t say how an anonymous survey should be done. You claim that the Storm didn’t want DD yet have no response to the facts suggesting the opposite. With all due respect this is standing to seem more like a tantrum than anything else at this point.

Well, I'm at the very least ready for the evolution of Haas.
Pokemon Evolve GIF

He literally re-signed the coach 6 months ago for one. lol what a master stroke. He’s signed off on all our roster moves since he’s been at the club. Didn’t replace Ikin. Held a club review via survey monkey ffs

We always seem to hire the people the Storm don’t want.
That was in March when Kev was still the guy who coached a team to the GF.
How is extending him 1 year on his current contract a bad decision at the time.

The fact that we extended him this year and now have a new coach isn't raising any red flags for you? Are we really trusting this Administration?

It wasn't the right call, they fucked up there but we have the benefit of looking at it months after the fact.

We had made a GF the year prior, we had a good pre-season and we looked good. Everything looked to be running smoothly and it looked like Kevvie was going to be the one that brought premiership glory back to the club.

After this bad season, rather than persisting with Kevvie, they realized their mistake and sacked him.

I gave my opinion on why that might have happened, if you disagree with my opinion that’s fine but that doesn’t mean I’m blindly defending. All you are doing is criticising without addressing anything. You say that the anonymous survey on survey monkey was wrong yet you won’t say how an anonymous survey should be done. You claim that the Storm didn’t want DD yet have no response to the facts suggesting the opposite. With all due respect this is standing to seem more like a tantrum than anything else at this point.
I don't think an anonymous survey should have been done at all TBH. There is no accountability for surveys like that. These players need accountability. I actually think Maguire will prove to be a good appointment for the short term. Not sure how it plays out long term. For me I am more concerned on fixing the other more obvious issues at the club. Recruitment/retention, player attitude and mindset at the club, overall club attitude and culture. All of those areas are in my view in a poor state right now. Kev has been held accountable for his role in this which is fine but it looks a lot like nobody else is being held to account for their roles. This makes it look very much like the (club Review) was indeed just an assassination of the coach.

It’s been reported that Kevies contracts were littered with performance bonuses/clauses.

Yes we extended him, but it was nothing like a Seibold contract (which wasn’t done by this CEO). There’s nothing about Kevie being paid out or anything, there was probably something in there about missing finals which allowed us to let go of him.

I don't think an anonymous survey should have been done at all TBH. There is no accountability for surveys like that. These players need accountability. I actually think Maguire will prove to be a good appointment for the short term. Not sure how it plays out long term. For me I am more concerned on fixing the other more obvious issues at the club. Recruitment/retention, player attitude and mindset at the club, overall club attitude and culture. All of those areas are in my view in a poor state right now. Kev has been held accountable for his role in this which is fine but it looks a lot like nobody else is being held to account for their roles. This makes it look very much like the (club Review) was indeed just an assassination of the coach.

You might well be right. The thing is though, if DD is going to put a broom through the joint, he can’t just do it all in one day, it needs to be staggered.

There are more issues at the club and one of them is that we don’t have what Ikin was supposed to be, I imagine that will be the next big item of business. This decision, if if happens, won’t happen until the dust settles on the Maguire appointment. It’s possible negotiations with someone in that space have already started.

In terms of the issues with members of the board, unfortunately that is not something a CEO has any control over usually.

Active Now

• LGH
  • Ondi
  • broncsgoat
  • Bucking Beads
  • mieko
  • mrtij
  • Gaz
  • Street Talk
  • Culhwch
  • Dexter
  • Manofoneway
  • Astro
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Jedhead
  • marw
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Financeguy
  • Harry Sack
  • Justwin
... and 24 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.