Michael Morgan

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Made his debut last year and won a premiership despite sporting a painful ankle injury.

What sort of Origin career will he have? How will he go with Milford, Hunt, Norman, Taylor, Nikorima and Mbye vying for a spot?

IMO if it wasn't for Milfords origin ban then Morgan's origin career could be over this year.

I imagine Morgan will just become another Prince.

I imagine Morgan will just become another Prince.

At representative level or as a player as a whole?

When I think of it Prince always needed a dominant half alongside him as all his best years came alongside Marshall in his prime. Prince didn't have a long rep career but he made the most of it though. Had some pretty good performances for Queensland.

You may need to reconsider that opinion Bman.

Prince and Marshall played together for three seasons and in two of them they rarely played together.

Scotty had four great seasons on the Gold Coast. His halves partners consisted of Matt Hilder, Mat Rogers and Greg Bird - hardly dominant halves in their own right.

At representative level or as a player as a whole?

When I think of it Prince always needed a dominant half alongside him as all his best years came alongside Marshall in his prime. Prince didn't have a long rep career but he made the most of it though. Had some pretty good performances for Queensland.

I probably should have been more clear.

I think Morgan will be overtaken by better halves and he will only be picked when he is really needed. Much like Prince.

I'd imagine Morgan will be the preferred bench utility for the next two years.

Had Milf and Hunt not copped the ban hammer I'd expect him to have conceded it a year earlier but I imagine his incumbency will allow him to remain.

This assumes he doesn't flub it badly this year. Even if he's reasonable, however, I am expecting Milf to show enough form to demand his inclusion by 2018 (2017 if he's really tearing it up).

I am basing my opinion on the tendency towards loyalty and incumbency under Mal. I imagine Walters will continue a similar culture but it is a bit of an unknown variable.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

He's a great runner of the ball, but he lacks the kicking game to be an origin half, his role once Slater, Thurston & Cronk retire may be exactly the same as it currently is, bench utility.

It's hard to predict which of the young Queensland superstars will take the big leap over the next 2 seasons.. if I was to take a guess at the moment, this would be our spine once the big 4 are gone.

The only big questions marks over this spine is A) Can Mbye continue to improve his ball playing and kicking game over the next 2 seasons and become a genuine Halfback & B) Can Friend get back to his form from 2 seasons ago, or will someone else surpass him in that time.

1. Munster
6. Milford
7. Mbye
9. Friend

14. Morgan

Put him in there instead of Milford. Broncos > QLD.

His rep career will finish the same year as JT's.

EDIT: Hunt is superior to Mbye.

Last edited:
His rep career will finish the same year as JT's.

EDIT: Hunt is superior to Mbye.

At the moment, sure. We're talking a couple of years down the track when the big 4 retire. At that point Mbye will be 24 and entering his prime as a half, Hunt will be 28 and towards the end of his prime.

Mbyes has some major weaknesses in his game that he will need to address before he could be considered for the future. His inability to lead a team around is one of them. He looks good in the attacking 20 but he doesn't do much when the times are tough. Look at the game last week, Reynolds was the one doing all the tough work to get the dogs into a decent attack position whilst Mbye wanted nothing to do with it

The only player that seems to really trouble Milford in defence is Morgan.

At the moment, sure. We're talking a couple of years down the track when the big 4 retire. At that point Mbye will be 24 and entering his prime as a half, Hunt will be 28 and towards the end of his prime.

i disagree about when hunt is 28 he will towards the end of his prime, it has been shown in rugby league that age isnt anything anymore darius boyd s 28 this year and is in the form of his life not to mention corey parker and halves like thurston who are in there 30s and havent looked like slowing down

i recon corey norman will explode after this season and become the best half in queensland for a few years

1. munster
6. milford
7. norman
9. friend

14. morgan

i recon corey norman will explode after this season and become the best half in queensland for a few years

1. munster
6. milford
7. norman
9. friend

14. morgan

That's lovely Miss Norman, you must be very proud of your son.

1. munster
6. milford
7. norman
9. friend

14. morgan

giphy.gif

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Skathen
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.