Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Holy moley!!!!!!!!!!

I can't believe it's not butter.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Thing is Henjak's done the wrong thing by the team, and by Michaels himself. Blind freddy could see Michaels has been struggling all year and it's been getting worse and worse during this slump. Leaving him there has just chipped away more and more at his confidence.

I feel sorry for him in a way.

S

Scumbag

NRL Player
Mar 8, 2008
Maybe Ivan doesn't like Stevie's perks package anymore?

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Dropping him is good for him in the long term. He needs to work on some of his faults in QLD cup, and hopefully gain some confidence here. Those of us who don't blame everything on him know that he can be a good player if he gets his confidence back and plays on the wing.

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
Coxy said:
Thing is Henjak's done the wrong thing by the team, and by Michaels himself. Blind freddy could see Michaels has been struggling all year and it's been getting worse and worse during this slump. Leaving him there has just chipped away more and more at his confidence.

I feel the same way, poor kid.

Although leaving him there is not right either. Better late than never.

He looked like he was going to cry after that first try got through on Saturday night, even though it wasn't really his fault (Karmichael's actually).

Anyway, thank Goodness he won't be playing this round.

Steve

Steve

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Coxy said:

Yep.

Michalels was in good form a couple of years ago before the injury. Now due to poor form, poor reads and a lack of balls from the coach to address the issue he's now a shadow of the former player he was.

spoonbled

spoonbled

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
wonder if Folau wasnt injured Michaels might have been dropped a few rounds ago.

R

robbie mustoe

QCup Player
Mar 24, 2008
I haven't posted on here in months and months but this warranted a return.

Very happy to hear this finally happen.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
spoonbled said:
wonder if Folau wasnt injured Michaels might have been dropped a few rounds ago.

Doubt it. I think Henjak genuinely wanted to show Michaels some faith by keeping him in the side to work through his problems. It just wasn't happening.

Well intentioned, but the wrong call from Henjak. He should've been dropped after that Souths game. Stuff was happening before that, but that was rock bottom.

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
Contributor
Mar 13, 2008
Best news ever. Never, ever rated him. He is not a good player whose been playing badly - he is a completely shit player who happened to get super lucky and play a few good games last year. I hope he never plays again.

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008
Ari Gold said:
Best news ever. Never, ever rated him. He is not a good player whose been playing badly - he is a completely shit player who happened to get super lucky and play a few good games last year. I hope he never plays again.
Could not agree more. All those people saying he was in good form a few years back are remembering through rose coloured glasses. Form isn't simply having a decent game or two, form is when you consistently play to a certain level. The only form Michaels has ever had was 'Poor'.

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
He was in good form last year before his injury against Souths. That can't be denied.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Jeba said:
He was in good form last year before his injury against Souths. That can't be denied.

alot of people are forgetting that though

Unread

Active Now

• I bleed Maroon
  • Scorchie
  • teampjta
  • Wolfie
  • Volvo Driver
  • Bucking Beads
  • Dash
  • Galah
  • RodF
  • Tim K
  • Loch Ness Monster
  • Battler
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Tmac
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Strop
  • BruiserMk1
  • broncs30
  • mrslong
  • lynx000
... and 39 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.