Michaels dropped!!!!!!!!!!!

Professor47

Professor47

NRL Player
Mar 5, 2008
Jebs I know where you are coming from but Michaels is a young kid as well. The fact he might be a Broncos centre for a few years in the starting line up is a bit iffy to many fans that is all. I know the days of epic teams are gone but even young centres such as Esi Tonga and wingers like Tomane show much more promise than a Michaels?
The thing with Michaels is, we know what he can do. I would feel comfortable with one of these other kids because you can see so much more improvement in them. Even a player like Reddy - you can tell there are little bits and pieces he can probably do to improve his game...
I still think I'm being harsh but fair.

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
Harsh but fair yes, on his form this season. But because his form this season has been absolutely shocking, I think people tend to forget his form of 2008 before his injury. I have no doubt that if he stayed injury free, he would've got the call-up to Origin over Darius Boyd when Queensland had a couple of injury troubles, and a few League experts agree with me.

Look I am not saying that he deserves his place at the moment by any means, but as someone who has watched him come through the ranks it is clear he has the potential to be a solid first grader. And I definately think his position is on the wing.

S

subsbligh

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2008
I think he needs time in QCup to work on his defence. Simple as that.

It's not defensive structure or lack of confidence. It is dead set, elementary mistakes in defence that he has been making all season that are why he has been dropped.

Beginning of the season he was a B+ in a Top 4 side. No need to review your squad in that situation.

Through the Origin period, we had no depth so you're not going to drop a first grade centre.

But now, when there is no excuses, he has beeen rightfully dropped. Not as a scapegoat for the team's performances but hopefully a sign to the players that no-one's position is assured in the team.

S

subsbligh

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2008
Jeba said:
Harsh but fair yes, on his form this season. But because his form this season has been absolutely shocking, I think people tend to forget his form of 2008 before his injury. I have no doubt that if he stayed injury free, he would've got the call-up to Origin over Darius Boyd when Queensland had a couple of injury troubles, and a few League experts agree with me.

Look I am not saying that he deserves his place at the moment by any means, but as someone who has watched him come through the ranks it is clear he has the potential to be a solid first grader. And I definately think his position is on the wing.

For the future, I would much more force Folau mould into a left centre (where he gets the ball and runs more) and push Michaels onto the wing.

OXY-351

OXY-351

NRL Player
Oct 1, 2008
m1c said:
The majority on this forum thought Michaels was going so well they were calling for him to stay in the centres over Folau..

You're only as good as your last game though.

Michaels hasn't proved himself to be a great player over a number of years, so doesn't deserve to be carried along when in poor form.

He might have had a good period of form in the first part of last year, but good form doesn't mean he's a good player.

I'd say Michaels has a poor game more often than he has a good game.

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008
Jeba said:
I have no doubt that if he stayed injury free, he would've got the call-up to Origin over Darius Boyd when Queensland had a couple of injury troubles, and a few League experts agree with me.
A few 'experts' think Scientology is real, doesn't make their opinion worth $hit though.

Unread

Active Now

• broncs30
  • Brocko
  • Bucking Beads
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • leon.bott
  • Battler
  • Wolfie
  • ezpz
  • Harry Sack
  • Galah
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • mrslong
  • Waynesaurus
  • Alec
  • winslow_wong
  • Strop
  • I bleed Maroon
  • bb_gun
  • Broncos Maestro
  • Browny
... and 26 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.