Michaels dropped!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008
Foordy said:
Jeba said:
He was in good form last year before his injury against Souths. That can't be denied.

alot of people are forgetting that though
Maybe people are forgetting this 'good form' because it wasn't really that good? He only scored 1 try in the 7 games he played. Boyd had scored 7, Hodges had 4, even David Stagg, one of our most ineffective attacking players, had 2 tries.

Like I said, looking back on his 'form' with rose coloured glasses.

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
Anonymous person said:
Foordy said:
Jeba said:
He was in good form last year before his injury against Souths. That can't be denied.

Maybe people are forgetting this 'good form' because it wasn't really that good? He only scored 1 try in the 7 games he played. Boyd had scored 7, Hodges had 4, even David Stagg, one of our most ineffective attacking players, had 2 tries.

How do you reckon Boyd got 7? Michaels set a few of those up and his defence last year was nowhere near as bad as it has been this year. I think I read that before he got injured he was in the top 5 in the NRL for line breaks upto that point.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Jeba said:
Anonymous person said:
Foordy said:
Jeba said:

How do you reckon Boyd got 7? Michaels set a few of those up and his defence last year was nowhere near as bad as it has been this year. I think I read that before he got injured he was in the top 5 in the NRL for line breaks upto that point.

Oh but Jeb, you're relying on stats, stats don't count...the only stat that counts is how many tries you score.

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
Coxy said:
Jeba said:
Anonymous person said:
Foordy said:
Jeba said:

Oh but Jeb, you're relying on stats, stats don't count...the only stat that counts is how many tries you score.

Oh of course. Darius Boyd scored 2 tries in Origin 2 last year and Greg Inglis scored none, so Boyd must've played better icon_thumbs_u

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
See, finally you understand rugby league Jeba! :P

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Anonymous person said:
Foordy said:
Jeba said:

well then going by you reasoning anonymous, Michaels must be our third best player this year because he has 8 tries, behind Folau and Winterstein :roll:

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008
I wasn't only going by tries, but hey, I'm not surprised that certain people took that angle to defend Michaels. I'm just saying that when everyone around him had a handful of tries, he had 1. I watched all the games, I always do, and he was doing nothing great.

I think you guys are remembering 'doing his job decently' as 'being in great form'. No doubt he played MUCH better in those 7 games than he has in any of his 20 this year, but his form this year has been right up there with the worst I have ever seen any first grade player have - so it's not saying much. He has never, and will never, be any more than what I'd consider an 'average at the very best' player.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Michaels should never have been picked for the first game this season. He started the season in bad shape and never got into his groove. Hopefully nest season he can get back to his best form.

QUEENSLANDER

QUEENSLANDER

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
I hope he never plays first grade again. Hes not a Broncos center. He doesnt even deserve to clean the boots of past centres like renouf, johns, smith and more recently hodges. I doubt he would even make first grade at Roosters right now, hes a joke and belongs in reserve grade or the local social footy team.

D

Dessie

Mar 14, 2008
As a few of you have mentioned, Michaels dropped at last, when it probably should have happened 6 weeks or so ago. For all his poor showings over recent times, I still think the lad has what it takes to make it in first grade, whether that be on the wing or at centre. I'm not saying he is ever going to be a world-beater, but I reckon he has a fair bit of improvement in him if he can iron out a few deficiencies and get some confidence back. He certainly isn't the only player who has been experiencing some defensive woes lately.

Heck, I can't believe Teo has got himself another week in first grade. In terms of lack of passion for the Broncos jersey, this guy is right up there. Tigers fans know all about this one's track record, and whilst it may have seemed a good idea at the time signing him, he has been nothing but inept to say the least. Will never be someone who would bleed maroon and gold for his team and fans.

B

broncosil

QCup Player
Mar 31, 2008
Ari Gold said:
Best news ever. Never, ever rated him. He is not a good player whose been playing badly - he is a completely shit player who happened to get super lucky and play a few good games last year. I hope he never plays again.

^ What he said.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
I'm not look at his last years form, because I don't care about last year. ANd I don't care about Michaels. Hoorah!

M

m1c

NRL Player
Mar 16, 2008
Did anonymous person watch a Broncos game last year? Deadset.

The majority on this forum thought Michaels was going so well they were calling for him to stay in the centres over Folau..

Some people have the memory of a goldfish

T

The Brizz

Deactivated
Mar 4, 2008
I would have preferred "Michaels fired out of a cannon directly into the sun" but dropped is probably a close second.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
m1c said:
The majority on this forum thought Michaels was going so well they were calling for him to stay in the centres over Folau.

Haha, IIRC you were the biggest advocate of that.

T

The Brizz

Deactivated
Mar 4, 2008
I am glad to say I wasn't in the pro-Michaels camp.

Unread

Active Now

• Fozz
  • Wolfie
  • broncs30
  • Bucking Beads
  • Alec
  • Brocko
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Stix
  • Volvo Driver
  • ezpz
  • Midean
  • I bleed Maroon
  • winslow_wong
  • Galah
  • lynx000
  • mrslong
  • Broncos Maestro
  • Culhwch
  • Battler
... and 27 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.