Mick DeVere planning comeback with the Broncos

T

thedman

BRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/spor ... 09,00.html

"Two weeks after former-Kiwis star Stacey Jones announced he was coming out of retirement to re-join the NZ Warriors, Brisbane chief executive Bruno Cullen is in crucial talks with NRL salary cap commissioner Ian Schubert about adding DeVere to his club's playing roster."

Wow that would be alright wouldnt it! We are struggling for depth on the wing currently

As much as I loved De Vere as a player back in the day, he'd be nothing more than a stop gap solution. The future lies with the youngns. However, in saying that, it would be beneficial to have an such a committed trainer and professional individual around the club.

Hmm, not sure.

He's been out of the game for 2 years hasn't he? Has he been training?
I never thought he was anything flash when he was playing for us, his goalkicking was decent though. As long as he isn't on too much he would be alright as backup I suppose.

I think it would be a good move. He would definitely be backup and on peanuts.

Plus with such a young team at the moment, he would really help around training in providing guidance, and setting examples, etc.

Can't go too wrong with it IMO.

Lets get tallis, thorn, webcke and gee back while we are at it

QUEENSLANDER said:
Lets get tallis, thorn, webcke and gee back while we are at it

And Alfie. He's still around the club. He can pull the boots on.

Yeah lets hold back the likes of Hoffman , Beale and Yow Yeh for a former player who may or may not last a full game these days.

Small article about Tom Hewitt in the Courier Mail today as well.

I've never seen the guy play but surely he'd be in with a shot ?

Beads6 said:
Yeah lets hold back the likes of Hoffman , Beale and Yow Yeh for a former player who may or may not last a full game these days.

Why do you assume De Vere is going to be first choice?

I am almost certain he will be backup for the likes of those you have listed.

Mick making a come back?

zoolander-mugatu-crazy-pills.jpg

Maybe he got a crack on the head with a stray branch last night?

He will probably be decent enough but I'd rather see some young talent get a go.

DeVere will be great for us during Origin. We went ok with Paul Green & Ben Ikin a few years ago. TBH I wouldn't mind seeing for the full season, one of my favourites.

Oh yeah, I'm feelin' happy today. man o man i don't think i'll be able to get to sleep tonight.

Surely Bruno is joking. Stop living in the past - move on.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Mr Fourex
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Cavalo
  • Behold
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • bert_lifts
  • theshed
  • broncsgoat
  • MrTickyMcG
  • LittleDavey
  • Hurrijo
  • Financeguy
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Inknition
  • Strop
  • MrRobot
  • JamesC
  • Lozza
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.