NEWS Milestone man Macca eyes life at Red Hill

Fucking huge concern he's moving our young players into his damn house.
"Nah you can't drop me I give our halfback and the next Folau\Inglis a lift to training". Someone get those poor kids out of that situation and explain to them they're being used as pawns in his sick game.

I stand corrected on Granville

Plus he’s fucking ordinary anyway
[automerge]1563317241[/automerge]
Great achievement Macca but if you want to be a one club player I hope you’re resigned to this being your last contract.

Last edited:
Fucking huge concern he's moving our young players into his damn house.
"Nah you can't drop me I give our halfback and the next Folau\Inglis a lift to training". Someone get those poor kids out of that situation and explain to them they're being used as pawns in his sick game.

Smart. You have to hand it to him: he's a clever operator off the field. He wouldn't still be in the team if he wasn't good at moving chess pieces.

Just throwing it out there. As we only have three Dummy Half options in Turpin, Macca and Segeyaro, is it possible that Seggy potentially isn't going to stick around next season and on that basis Seibold is retaining Macca so we aren't left with one Dummy Half option for an entire season?

I'd be happy to retain Segeyaro at this stage but with a guy like him you never know if his preference is to return to Sydney as soon as possible. Then of course there is also the risk we take with him that he wont do something stupid at some point (he's already had a driving issue so far up here) to force us to sack him at some stage and then we'd again be back down to just Turpin?

Realistically we have no other depth at Dummy Half and Seggy is such a volatile prospect that maybe retaining Macca at this point as coverage for Turpin isn't the worst idea going around?

Last edited:
Let’s do a player swap with the Titans to help little brother out of their rut.

Boyd, McCullough and Gillett

For

Brimson, Rein and Arrow

or Wayne Bennett's stubbornness ... we have had a couple decent hookers come through our ranks (Granville/Parcell), whether they would have reached the heights suggested by their hype who knows, but i doubt they would have been as average as Macca, if they stayed in our system

That's the problem they were never in the Broncos' system. They were in Wynnum's and Ipswich's and the Broncos didn't want to make either in their top 25 just use them if they needed them off the second tier cap.

Granville played 167 games for Wynnum from 2007 to 2014 across all three grades for Wynnum and 15 NRL games with seven NYC games.

Parcell played Colts and 76 ISC games for Jets and six for the Broncos. They had to go to Manly and Cowboys to make top 25.

[automerge]1563325786[/automerge]
Granville signed with the Cows before Wayne ever came back to us... That one was on Griffin...

Think it was more a top 25 spot and Green.

Last edited:
That's the problem they were never in the Broncos' system. They were in Wynnum's and Ipswich's and the Broncos didn't want to make either in their top 25 just use them if they needed them off the second tier cap.

Granville played 167 games for Wynnum from 2007 to 2014 across all three grades for Wynnum and 15 NRL games with seven NYC games.

Parcell played Colts and 76 ISC games for Jets and six for the Broncos. They had to go to Manly and Cowboys to make top 25.

[automerge]1563325786[/automerge]

Think it was more a top 25 spot and Green.
Our unwillingness to recruit a permanent full time backup Dummy Half or even a genuine Utility for all those years was utterly perplexing to say the least.

Our unwillingness to recruit a permanent full time backup Dummy Half or even a genuine Utility for all those years was utterly perplexing to say the least.

Which I have never understood because what were the club planning to do if McCullough was ever ruled out long term with injury or suspension?

The club obviously rate him highly because they have never once gone out and tried recruiting any depth in that position, highlighted by the fact the club were pretty much willing to throw games when Macca has been out injured by trying to get by using Sam Thaiday and Josh McGuire at hooker FFS.

It speaks volumes that James Segeyaro is pretty much the first out and out 9 the club have purchased in the market in a very very long time. And even then that was only on minimum wage and because we had Macca our injured for a stretch of time.

If it wasn’t for injury or Macca playing Origin last year, we probably still wouldn’t have even spotted Turpin in the NRL. I’m almost certain too that at the start of the season Turpin was only in a development squad meaning Macca was our only out and out 9 in the top 30 I believe. I only hope now that Seibold has had long enough to know the club has handicapped itself in that position for a while.

It’s no surprise that in 2015, a lot of our brilliance came from Nikorima coming on for McCullough too.

"I’d love to (be a one-club man),” McCullough said. “The way it’s progressing at this stage, I daresay that’s going to happen. “I’ve got another year here and I’ll be 30 by then, so it’s looking like that way. “I’ve been very lucky in sport to be able to do that for so long.”
Interesting the actual quote Macca has here.

Where he indicates he wants to be a 1 club player and he'll be 30 by then... there's no guarantee of him getting another contract extension (you'd think Broncos would be in negotiations prior to him having to take up his player options), so I'm wondering if retirement is on the cards at the end of next year??

Alternatively if he plays on into 2021 with his 2nd player option (God forbid) he's inline to get 300 games... that could be a suitable timeframe for him to bow out??

Would require him to play 50 more games in the next 2.5 years though 🤬🤬🤬

Interesting the actual quote Macca has here.

Where he indicates he wants to be a 1 club player and he'll be 30 by then... there's no guarantee of him getting another contract extension (you'd think Broncos would be in negotiations prior to him having to take up his player options), so I'm wondering if retirement is on the cards at the end of next year??

Alternatively if he plays on into 2021 with his 2nd player option (God forbid) he's inline to get 300 games... that could be a suitable timeframe for him to bow out??

Would require him to play 50 more games in the next 2.5 years though 🤬🤬🤬
By doing to so just getting the way of us making a run.

If McCullough is our first choice hooker next year I can't see us improving a lot.

Our forwards look so much better with really anyone else at hooker and he is a massive impediment to our attack, especially in the 20 metre zone.

or Wayne Bennett's stubbornness ... we have had a couple decent hookers come through our ranks (Granville/Parcell), whether they would have reached the heights suggested by their hype who knows, but i doubt they would have been as average as Macca, if they stayed in our system
They both came and went under griffin. Bennet actually expressed suprise about the Granville decision.

They both came and went under griffin. Bennet actually expressed suprise about the Granville decision.
Granville signed on with the Cowboys days before Bennett was appointed coach for 2015. Parcell actually played under Bennett in that same year but moved on because the offer from Manly was significantly higher.

Someone needs to refer Seibold to this forum so he can open his f'n eyes. I'm starting to regret the fact that they picked Seibold over Walters.
Despite the fact Walters picked Macca for origin last season.

Someone needs to refer Seibold to this forum so he can open his f'n eyes. I'm starting to regret the fact that they picked Seibold over Walters.
I'm sure Seibs checks out this forum occasionally purely for comedic value. He may even check out the live game chat so he can see where the more psychotic Bronco fans hang out.

the live game chat so he can see where the more psychotic Bronco fans hang out.
Best thing about this site. Love the live game threads.

Last edited:

Unread

Active Now

• Locky's Left Boot
  • Morkel
  • Broncosgirl
  • ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.