NEWS Milford is back, baby

As Anthony Milford heaped sugar onto his Coco Pops Monday morning, he had no idea he was about to be tasked with his biggest challenge yet. To guide his former club, the Souths Magpies, to their first premiership in 13 years. Get along to Davies Park at 3PM today to see him in action:

“I didn’t know what to expect. We went through the video and he pointed out some things in my game I wasn’t doing well. I agreed. To hear I was dropped ... it was tough. I’ve never been in a position to hear those words, but I have to get over the fact I’ve been dropped and use it as a positive. I’ve always been a team-first player so whatever he thought was best for the team, I’ll accept it. While it’s disappointing, I’m hoping it’s a blessing in disguise.”

“I haven’t been up to the standards that I set myself and Kevvie’s as well. The truth is I need to be better. I have to be accountable.”

“I have some mixed emotions. Some nerves, but some excitement, too. I’m going to have a lot of family and friends coming to support me so I’m looking forward to playing some football."

HGlory Glory to the Magpies Front Cover

Glory is only the beginning

“I am pretty keen to get back to a club where I played Cyril Connell and Mal Meninga Cup. It’s not a new club for me. I will be going back to see some familiar faces and it’s a club I love because that’s where I started out. One thing I’m excited about is playing with Karmichael Hunt. Souths have a few ex-NRL players, Albert Kelly and Kevin Locke are there, so when I went to training on Wednesday it opened my eyes up to the quality of players there.”

“I’ll be honest, I’m not too sure what my future is at the Broncos. It’s out of my control really. I’m leaving the contract stuff to my manager and we’ll see what happens. In an ideal world, I want to stay. That’s what I hope. But I understand the Broncos have a lot of players off-contract and it’s hard to keep everyone. But just because I’ve been dropped, I’m not going to be one of those players who jumps on the phone straight away wanting a release."

“Kevvie has reassured me as well that he hasn’t given up on me. He told me to go and enjoy myself in Queensland Cup, get some confidence from playing there and then see how I go and try and find my way back into the team. I’ve copped it. I have to be better. I know there is a lot of noise around me, but I know I’m not done. I will be back.”

“I don’t look at my contract as a burden. It’s the nature of the beast. The scrutiny is what comes with playing football at this level. I am at a pretty powerful club at the Broncos and there is always a big focus on us. The Broncos expect to be in the finals every year and they expect to be winning more games than they lose. The year we made the grand final, it was a huge confidence thing for me."

Hmirifai   CMVyWpzHK5i

Won't let them down

“As a group, we had built a lot of momentum and there was a lot of self-belief and the team gave me the confidence to back myself. I did things that season that I didn’t think I was capable of doing because the self-belief in the team was so strong. For whatever reason over the past two or three years, I haven’t been able to perform consistently. It has affected my confidence.”

" Look, I’m not the best trainer at the club but I make an effort. I’ve always felt I’m a better player than a trainer. There have been a lot of great players over the years who weren’t the best trainers. One thing I know is I do care. I care a lot about winning games for the Broncos. Every game I go out there wanting to win. I’m not one to blame anything or anyone else for what’s happened. I’m not using injuries as an excuse. I’m not too sure how long I’m going to be at Souths Logan, but I want to get back in that Broncos jumper.”

McHunt

Remember when Ikin said we should of got rid of TPJ, the guy just constantly makes shit calls.

Remember when Ikin said we should of got rid of TPJ, the guy just constantly makes shit calls.
People far more in the know than me swear he's pretty cluey, so I'll take their word for it and just assume he says a few controversial things for the benefit of being entertaining on television, which at this stage does pay his bills to be fair.

Cutting TPJ specifically was probably not all that outrageous a call at the time anyway to be fair. He was badly off the rails and could have gone either way. It's a credit to him that he's turned it around, but I personally would not have wanted to have my balls on the line hoping for that to eventuate.

There have been people here who wanted Haas gone too, but the forum is filled with emotional supporters what you expect, Ikin is being paid actual money to say his words.
TPJ was blatantly flaunting the covid bubble rules last year like he was king shit. I can understand where Ikin was coming from.

Big props to TPJ though as he's been excellent this year and seems to have pulled his head in somewhat.

TPJ was blatantly flaunting the covid bubble rules last year like he was king shit. I can understand where Ikin was coming from.

Big props to TPJ though as he's been excellent this year and seems to have pulled his head in somewhat.
and while it was bad he wasn't the first or the last to do so, but got the most criticism obviously because of who he is and who he plays for.

People far more in the know than me swear he's pretty cluey, so I'll take their word for it and just assume he says a few controversial things for the benefit of being entertaining on television, which at this stage does pay his bills to be fair.

Cutting TPJ specifically was probably not all that outrageous a call at the time anyway to be fair. He was badly off the rails and could have gone either way. It's a credit to him that he's turned it around, but I personally would not have wanted to have my balls on the line hoping for that to eventuate.
He definitely is bright, thoughtful and articulate. We all know the media is a circus and clowns are the main act. If you have a one on one chat with him away from the cameras he would quickly confirm the idea he's an intelligent thinker. They do have to say controversial things to keep the focus and the most successful talking heads have always had an idiotic statement in them . Like Andrew Bolt and Alan Jones, two absolute cockheads (who believe they're smarter than Rhodes Scholars or our greatest scientific minds) Even Ray Hadley had plenty of blonde moments.

He definitely is bright, thoughtful and articulate. We all know the media is a circus and clowns are the main act. If you have a one on one chat with him away from the cameras he would quickly confirm the idea he's an intelligent thinker. They do have to say controversial things to keep the focus and the most successful talking heads have always had an idiotic statement in them . Like Andrew Bolt and Alan Jones, two absolute cockheads (who believe they're smarter than Rhodes Scholars or our greatest scientific minds) Even Ray Hadley had plenty of blonde moments.
Wait you actually think there is intelligence behind their garbage?

If we get Reynolds I believe the Broncos will try and sign Milf on a much lower contract (500 - 600K)
Reynolds lets Milf just run and play what's in front of him.
Any backline of ARey, Milf and Staggs has points in it. Just have to find a 1. If we can manage to get Hynes around the 450 to 500k (which I am guessing would be a fair upgrade from Melb) we are on our way.

If we get Reynolds I believe the Broncos will try and sign Milf on a much lower contract (500 - 600K)
Any backline of ARey, Milf and Staggs has points in it. Just have to find a 1. If we can manage to get Hynes around the 450 to 500k (which I am guessing would be a fair upgrade from Melb) we are on our way.

I actually have given up on Milf. He’s far too lazy in too many parts of his game. He’s been better next to gamble because he plays a bit part but he doesn’t do any of the little thing right.

There was one moment where he made a tackle and slowly jogged with his back to the play and took 2 tackles to get back into position, back turned the entire time. He’s disgraceful at 1%ers. I’d rather SJ if your paying 600k. I’d even prefer to partner Reynolds with Gamble at 250k - it would be reminiscent of the Reynolds/Sutton pairing.

Couldn't you play Staggs at Fullback, Milford at Five Eighth, Reynolds at Halfback and make a play for Brandon Smith?

Couldn't you play Staggs at Fullback, Milford at Five Eighth, Reynolds at Halfback and make a play for Brandon Smith?
Even if Staggs could play fullback I wouldn't do it off an ACL.

I actually have given up on Milf. He’s far too lazy in too many parts of his game. He’s been better next to gamble because he plays a bit part but he doesn’t do any of the little thing right.

There was one moment where he made a tackle and slowly jogged with his back to the play and took 2 tackles to get back into position, back turned the entire time. He’s disgraceful at 1%ers. I’d rather SJ if your paying 600k. I’d even prefer to partner Reynolds with Gamble at 250k - it would be reminiscent of the Reynolds/Sutton pairing.
You saw it too huh? Remember last year when Kennedy flopped one out the back only to find Milford staring at a pretty lolly wrapper that blown by? I thought I saw a little improvement a couple of weeks ago, mostly defensively but the other night? That's me done. I want him gone for good. I'd take Croft anytime but especially now that Gamble is here. Clifford wouldn't have walked past him the other night. Disgusted by Milford and that's a strong word for me.

B Smith has 2 years left on his current contract and unless the Storm get what they consider an equal swap Bellamy has said they will not release him.
It's a no from me for Staggs at F/Back.

B Smith has 2 years left on his current contract and unless the Storm get what they consider an equal swap Bellamy has said they will not release him.
It's a no from me for Staggs at F/Back.
How does Bellamy rate Matt Lodge? Could the Broncos put the offer to them? I mean if Lodge wants out, may as well try it. Or did he come out of the Melbourne system originally?

Active Now

• Bish
  • BroncosAlways
  • Financeguy
  • GCBRONCO
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Broncosgirl
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Wolfie
  • Morkel
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Santa
  • Xzei
  • Allo
  • Strop
  • Midean
  • Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.