NEWS Milford is injured

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Walters says:

“We don’t know if he will miss the start of the season. I can’t speculate on how long he could be out. I am leaving it to the doctors and I will know more in the next day or so. ’Milf’ has had strapping on and off (on his injured hand). It happened during our camp last week. We did some sessions at Twin Waters and someone stood on his hand during an opposed session. It’s a bit of a strange one, but injuries happen in rugby league. He’s a tough bloke, Milf, but all NRL players are tough blokes and they just soldier on.”

8699066c3e430adeb64d3f1be9df0ea5

Did someone say KFC?

“There’s no doubt for me that Milford is one of our key players next season. I have worked with ‘Milf’ in the past and I am aware of just how talented he is and it’s up to me and the coaching staff to get the best out of him. I honestly feel we haven’t seen the best of him. It’s up to me to provide the best environment for him to succeed and I’m confident I can do that for Milf. I need him to be firing.”

McHunt

Last edited:
No words. Knowing our luck will be a broken hand requring pins and half the season out.

Croft back in, maybe Paix .... or a left field option of Turps to have McCullough play hooker, assuming he’s still around

It's a 4-6 week recovery and our first match is in 5 and a half weeks. He'll be fine for Round 1.

NTK:

Scans reveal fractured hand - displaced right transverse fourth metacarpal fracture.
Recovery up to 6 weeks.
In doubt for season opener.
Brodie Croft likely to stand in.

Andrew Croll, Broncos Head of Performance said:

"Anthony felt pain in his hand during a drill today and we sent him for scans. He has been reviewed by a surgeon and a hand therapist and at this stage the best course of action is surgery to repair the fracture. He will undergo surgery later this week, with a recovery time of 4-6 weeks."

McHunt

It's a 4-6 week recovery and our first match is in 5 and a half weeks. He'll be fine for Round 1.
Not worried about when he will return, he’s just one bloke you want fit in the off season so he doesn’t have any excuses. But this gives him what, 5 weeks of excuses?

NTK:

Scans reveal fractured hand - displaced right transverse fourth metacarpal fracture.
Recovery up to 6 weeks.
In doubt for season opener.
Brodie Croft likely to stand in.

Andrew Croll, Broncos Head of Performance said:

"Anthony felt pain in his hand during a drill today and we sent him for scans. He has been reviewed by a surgeon and a hand therapist and at this stage the best course of action is surgery to repair the fracture. He will undergo surgery later this week, with a recovery time of 4-6 weeks."

McHunt
Kevvie says it happened last week on the coast... takes the doctors a week to realise it's fractured.

Sounds about right 🙄🙄🙄

NRL physio (who just quietly is generally pretty bloody spot on with everything he says) said surgery is best option as it will stabilise the hand faster. He says best case scenario 3-4 weeks.

Can we get a new supplier for our sticky tape please.

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • Professor47
  • bb_gun
  • cento
  • winslow_wong
  • Cavalo
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Culhwch
  • Astro
  • pennywisealfie
  • Robboi_321
  • broncos4life
  • Battler
  • Galah
  • Jedhead
  • Locky24
  • Griffo
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.