NEWS MIlford wants $600k

Brisbane Broncos marquee signing Anthony Milford called Kevin Walters into his office on Wednesday to talk about their relationship. Milf is apparently touting his arse around other clubs at $600,000 a pop and is keen to know whether the Broncos might still want a piece of it. The Titans might be interested but won't go higher than $400k.

Official word is the club is still dithering but our spies reveal Milford's name does not appear on the 2022 secret roster locked away in Donut's safe. Instead Kotoni Staggs and Adam Reynolds are penciled in at 6 and 7, and yet another Anthony's arse will find itself out on its arse come season end.

Milford particularly took umbrage at being railroaded for his part in Brisbane’s 50-6 drubbing last round. While he accepts his form is a tad "below par" he felt the buck should stop with the forwards who failed to match Manly's pack. As a reward, Souths Logan will enjoy the $1 Million signing's trademark snooze and bombfest this weekend.

Walters confirmed the meeting, and said:

“Milf and I have had a discussion and he is aware of what he needs to work on. It’s not the end. It’s up to Anthony, he makes that decision on his future, not me. I keep saying Anthony has control of his career, not the Broncos or this football club."

“Right now is the time for him to perform, when he went back last time to the Intrust Super Cup he performed well, so we expect him to do the same. There’s lot of parts in his game that need work and he will go back and work on that in the Intrust Super Cup. We have a clear picture on where we are going and how we are going about it.”

Screenmirifai   CJVD9c0HaMF

Breaking up the band

Broncos skipper Alex Glenn said :

“The reality of it is if ‘Milf’ wasn’t on a million dollars, he wouldn’t be getting dropped. That’s the reality I feel. The pay packet definitely puts pressure on him, his name and his future in the game. That is something Milf is struggling with – blocking out that pressure. We shouldn’t put too much pressure on him because of his pay packet. In order for him to get back to playing his best footy, he needs to find the love of why he started playing again.”

“Change (leaving to another club) is never a bad thing, it challenges you to go out of your comfort zone. I’d love to see him stay at the Broncos, but if change is part of his future I don’t see it being a bad thing for him. Milf plays his best when he is free … he needs to find the love in footy again.”

McHunt

Waynesaurus

Waynesaurus

NRL Captain
Jun 3, 2013
I'm surprised the Titans aren't balls deep in Milf at $600K.............:embarrased:

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Not sure. They have shown they can get good value out of somebody like Hughes at 7 even though he isnt a 7. Probably worth a punt to have him around for situations like they are in tonight. A one year deal and he may restore his reputation down there. Ability has never been his issue and i can see why Melbourne would take a punt on him at the right price.
Milf needs to be in the shop window to get a better deal though.... Nicho is getting a lot of game time because of injuries to Paps and Munster, and because he can play both positions.

Would Storm be able to convert Milf into a 'storm' fullback so he can cover both positions... or does he just end up as depth for Munster... and maybe Hughes

I think his best bet is a cheap deal at the titans.... Fogarty does all the halfback work and he'd come in as a Taylor replacement to chime in wherever needed. He'd play left side which gives him Fifita and Kelly to work with in attack. Plus he doesnt have to move outside of SEQ

Jason Simmons

Jason Simmons

NRL Captain
Apr 18, 2013
Milford must be getting some really bad advice if he thinks he is getting anywhere near $500k let alone $600k. What he needs to do really is take unders on a short contract and hope he can get some form back like Barba did when he left here.

I actually heard a rumour earlier tonight Melbourne had put in a $350k offer for him for next year. If its true and he had any sense he should take it.
He’d be like George Rose there. He wouldn’t cope with the demands and intensity expected of them…

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Milf needs to be in the shop window to get a better deal though.... Nicho is getting a lot of game time because of injuries to Paps and Munster, and because he can play both positions.

Would Storm be able to convert Milf into a 'storm' fullback so he can cover both positions... or does he just end up as depth for Munster... and maybe Hughes

I think his best bet is a cheap deal at the titans.... Fogarty does all the halfback work and he'd come in as a Taylor replacement to chime in wherever needed. He'd play left side which gives him Fifita and Kelly to work with in attack. Plus he doesnt have to move outside of SEQ

Melbourne is probably the best environment for him to work on his failings imo, but they wont pay him what he wants. Paps and Munster seem to pick up a few niggles so he would probably get a bit of game time. Hynes probably wont be there. If i was in his shoes, it would be the Storm i pick even if i had to take less in pay. Like i said before, Milf clearly has the ability, but he doesnt seem to be able to push himself that extra mile to make himself better.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
He’d be like George Rose there. He wouldn’t cope with the demands and intensity expected of them…

Maybe. As much as i'll cop flak for it, from what i know i dont think that Milf is a lazy trainer or that he doesnt put effort in. His problem is like i just said, he doesnt push himself enough. He gets by on just doing enough and not busting his gut.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008

If they can turn Milford into an elite fullback for injury cover then the UN should be courting Bellamy because that's miracle work.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Melbourne is probably the best environment for him to work on his failings imo, but they wont pay him what he wants. Paps and Munster seem to pick up a few niggles so he would probably get a bit of game time. Hynes probably wont be there. If i was in his shoes, it would be the Storm i pick even if i had to take less in pay. Like i said before, Milf clearly has the ability, but he doesnt seem to be able to push himself that extra mile to make himself better.
Storm will definitely improve him, but I don’t think he would be getting enough exposure down there to secure a new big deal and reset his career.

Also does he have the mentality to make it down there.... he has admitted that he’s a lazy trainer, if he tries that down there he’ll be punted pretty quickly by the playing group.

M

mstreet

QCup Player
Sep 3, 2020
Not sure. They have shown they can get good value out of somebody like Hughes at 7 even though he isnt a 7. Probably worth a punt to have him around for situations like they are in tonight. A one year deal and he may restore his reputation down there. Ability has never been his issue and i can see why Melbourne would take a punt on him at the right price.
I don't think he has the internal fortitude for Melbourne. Even by his own admission, he isn't a great trainer. He has always wanted scrap through on just talent. He embodies the bare minimum. I know it is all gamesmanship from his player agent. I would counter with a train and trial deal...

Midean

Midean

State of Origin Rep
Jun 5, 2019
Maybe. As much as i'll cop flak for it, from what i know i dont think that Milf is a lazy trainer or that he doesnt put effort in. His problem is like i just said, he doesnt push himself enough. He gets by on just doing enough and not busting his gut.
Mate, your a good bloke, but cmon, Milf himself basically called himself lazy when it comes to training.

Jason Simmons

Jason Simmons

NRL Captain
Apr 18, 2013
He admitted himself he is ‘not the best trainer’ in his own words…

He got by for a long time on an amazing amount of natural talent and never had to learn a work ethic and it has massively caught up with him.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Mate, your a good bloke, but cmon, Milf himself basically called himself lazy when it comes to training.

He admitted himself he is ‘not the best trainer’ in his own words…

He got by for a long time on an amazing amount of natural talent and never had to learn a work ethic and it has massively caught up with him.

Not being the best doesn't mean he is the lazy though. He just does what he has to do whenever I've seen him and from what others have told me. To be the best you have to put in the extras and he doesn't.

vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010
Not convinced he'd make it through a pre-season down in Melbourne.

Tigers are a perfect fit. Coast along on a big contract and no expectation of being any good. He's basically a Mbye clone.

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
Not convinced he'd make it through a pre-season down in Melbourne.

Tigers are a perfect fit. Coast along on a big contract and no expectation of being any good. He's basically a Mbye clone.

Yep, that's where he'll end up. He is a ready made Tiger.

Active Now

• Fitzy
  • Organix
  • Jedhead
  • bert_lifts
  • thenry
  • bazza
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.