Milford

holdzy

holdzy

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
May 5, 2016
How long should we stick with this kid?

Give it up. Seriously, this is getting a bit childish.

I am entirely sincere. I honestly see Milf as a 10 year Bronco. I think he has the potential to be one of the best ever. But as exciting as he is, what if he doesn't live up to our hopes in the next few years?

There's no doubt he's a gun. But he still has a lot of work to do if he wants to be a great half.

Very harsh stuff in here. Milford sits alongside Boyd as the best in our entire squad at the moment

You need thick skin around here mate, but it seems you've got it.

It's a good question imo. The two halves aren't complimentary and while we got to within a bee's dick of the prize, it's remiss to ignore the many games where there are blinding deficiencies.

For mine, Milf has the benefit of youth and incredible potential (yes Nashy, that god-aweful, empty word). He has to be a five-eighth in my eyes, which means Hunt needs to step up. I'm just not sure that the two can be effective enough to take the crown, unless Boyd or Macca takes more control of the game plan.

Completely agree with this ! I think it is up to macca to take more control of the game . I don't think either hunt or milf are ever going to be great game managers , too instinctive.

SmaUHZ

Weeds out the free thinkers from the chaff!

I really thought chaff said staff and I was thinking, yeah probably true. Haha

On Milf though, I'm not sure what went wrong with the Hunt combo, but it seems they need to get communicating, they can have a basic structure and framework and still have room for their individual off the cuff brilliance. Be organized on who is kicking and where and when, talk to each other.

On Milf though, I'm not sure what went wrong with the Hunt combo, but it seems they need to get communicating, they can have a basic structure and framework and still have room for their individual off the cuff brilliance. Be organized on who is kicking and where and when, talk to each other.
I think Hunt was reading too much. Every media outlet (and this forum) were screaming about "get roberts involved!" And how hunt is responsible for doing that. BS. If Roberts sees something, he should call for it. Hunt should give him that chance. But if Roberts is killing our attack, Hunt needs to vidot that request until they have worked long enough together to have decent set plays and a better understanding and trust for one another.

Why i think both Roberts and Hunt are in for a good year. Roberts has gone to rehab and gotten his off field shit together. Hunt has been doing extras and they're another year used to each other.

If we signed Milford to a DCE deal tomorrow I would be stoked. He definitely had a rough 2016 by all accounts, but even in games where he doesn't get involved or has a stinker, you can still see it, he can win a game at any given point by himself, and he's only going to get better with time.

His to do list for 2017 should be as follows: Lose 5% body fat, increase aerobic fitness, work on improving communication and set plays with Hunt & Boyd, continue to incrementally improve fundamental skills (Catch the ball please Milf!)

...and stop whinging to the ref before playing the ball every damned time he gets tackled! He stifles all momentum with this immaturity.

I'm absolutely positive this will have been addressed.

I'm not so positive. I would have thought it would have been addressed in his first year. Or at the very least, round 1 last year when he first did it again.

That pisses me off. But my biggest problem is when Boyd does it.

Milford's 2016 you could probably put down as second year syndrome. He has been in the NRL since 2013 but it was his second year as a regular half.

He is still young and hasn't fully matured yet. He is going to have those periods where he is a bit off his game. Plus he also did admit he worried too much about getting in the way of Hunt.

He'll be fine.

Unread

Active Now

• Griffo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.