Milford's chance to stake Maroons claim

The plan is to have him overweight to start the season?..

5noHKsb.jpg

Heavier yes ! Not overweight and unfit .

Remember when people were struggling to differentiate between Milford & Ofahengaue on the field?

wBZGKVr.jpg

He's definitely worked himself in to shape as the season has gone on, any coincidence his form has gradually become better? I think not. Hopefully next off-season he sets out to come in to the pre-season in tip-top shape.

Do you always refer to yourself as 'people'?

Remember when people were struggling to differentiate between Milford & Ofahengaue on the field?

wBZGKVr.jpg

He's definitely worked himself in to shape as the season has gone on, any coincidence his form has gradually become better? I think not. Hopefully next off-season he sets out to come in to the pre-season in tip-top shape.
Who was confusing Offa for Milford?

Also, I don't see much difference between start of the season and now. Seems same-same to me. I'd say his better form is probably in part by not making 5 errors a game, and also getting to be the #1 half for a few weeks.

Who was confusing Offa for Milford?

Also, I don't see much difference between start of the season and now. Seems same-same to me. I'd say his better form is probably in part by not making 5 errors a game, and also getting to be the #1 half for a few weeks.

Stop being sensible by reporting the facts accurately. Damn your unbiased opinion.

Stop being sensible by reporting the facts accurately. Damn your unbiased opinion.

They weren't facts, they were opinions. He said he specifically doesn't see anything different with Milford between the start of the season and now. Which is fine, I for one notice an enormous difference, I think he's lost a good 4-5 kg since the pre-season and his form has continually improved as he's done so, and not for the first time in his career, he did it in 2015 as well, came in to the season a little heavy, played himself in to shape, peaked at the middle-end of the season.

If people are just going to act dumb and ignorant and pretend like there wasn't 5-10 people on here claiming that Milford was visibly overweight during the pre-season then that's their prerogative.

He's Tongan......

Samoan.

blush.png

Last edited:
They weren't facts, they were opinions. He said he specifically doesn't see anything different with Milford between the start of the season and now. Which is fine, I for one notice an enormous difference, I think he's lost a good 4-5 kg since the pre-season and his form has continually improved as he's done so, and not for the first time in his career, he did it in 2015 as well, came in to the season a little heavy, played himself in to shape, peaked at the middle-end of the season.

If people are just going to act dumb and ignorant and pretend like there wasn't 5-10 people on here claiming that Milford was visibly overweight during the pre-season then that's their prerogative.

I don't think he was fat in the preseason and I don't think he's fat now. It was your opinion that he was and you're entitled to it, although I think you were wrong IMHO.

Don't get so worked up when people disagree with you mate. You just come across as being arrogant.

I don't think he was fat in the preseason and I don't think he's fat now. It was your opinion that he was and you're entitled to it, although I think you were wrong IMHO.

Don't get so worked up when people disagree with you mate. You just come across as being arrogant.

The point I'm making is that it wasn't just me, I can't be fucked going back over all of the pre-season and round 1-3 threads to prove my point, but there was many, many people saying he looked too heavy. And I don't have issue with people disagreeing with me, just the people who find the need to be smartasses about it despite having no relevant input in most threads, you know?

I was watching a replay from 2015, and Milford was a lot fitter and skinnier then. Made a lot more linebreaks too. At least his ballplaying is improving

Milford is a recognised pivot and is marked accordingly. Before he was mainly a hole runner. He has since been developing his game to draw to set up the backline and pass. Its a different mindset. If he charges at gaps a million miles an hour, he reduces the time he has to set up plays. Sure, if one opens up he'll go for it but he's not specifically looking for them for himself but the runners around him.

Active Now

• Mighty Bronx
  • marw
  • broncsgoat
  • Browny
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.