Mouth Watering or What?

I'm going to dissagree, Michaels is a dud. Likely to break a tackle, likely maybe, and yet doesn't. A good hole runner and yet doesn't find the hole. Constantly gets smashed when running from dummy half, rarely, if ever makes any ground. Michaels lacks the core features of a classical winger, he lacks size, strenght, speed, swerve or step. I dont remember any try that he has ever scored that would not have been scored by any other winger, big deal. Kemp's soccer try was an example of a player with special skills. Very few, if any onther winger could have scored that try, and thats the difference.

Burg said:
I'm going to dissagree, Michaels is a dud. Likely to break a tackle, likely maybe, and yet doesn't. A good hole runner and yet doesn't find the hole. Constantly gets smashed when running from dummy half, rarely, if ever makes any ground. Michaels lacks the core features of a classical winger, he lacks size, strenght, speed, swerve or step. I dont remember any try that he has ever scored that would not have been scored by any other winger, big deal. Kemp's soccer try was an example of a player with special skills. Very few, if any onther winger could have scored that try, and thats the difference.

Your an idiot, The sooner this joke is off this forum the better!

broncospwn said:
Burg said:

Your an idiot, The sooner this joke is off this forum the better!

[icon_lol1.

I think you'll find that Burg is one of the most knowledgeable members of the forum, and i completely agree with his post.

Burg said:

What have you been drinking? [icon_drun

Kemp can't catch, can't bowl, can't bad.
The soccer try? Unless the Broncos continue to pass the ball to him on the ground, Kemp has nothing.
Give me Michaels any week of the day.
[icon_drun

Slide said:
Burg said:

What have you been drinking? [icon_drun

Kemp can't catch, can't bowl, can't bad.
The soccer try? Unless the Broncos continue to pass the ball to him on the ground, Kemp has nothing.
Give me Michaels any week of the day.
[icon_drun

Why?

What is so good about Michaels? As Burg explained, Michaels is an extremely limited player.

Kemp has flair, unpredictability, variation.

The only thing Michaels has over Kemp is his defensive ability and even then i don't think he's much of a defender.

I'm no big fan of Michaels or Kemp at this point, but just to be fair, Michaels did show good speed in a brilliant 90m try we scored earlier this year.

i fail to see how Kemp isnt good under the high ball, or getting into dummy half and doing more than his fair share of the work.

spoonbled said:
i fail to see how Kemp isnt good under the high ball, or getting into dummy half and doing more than his fair share of the work.

Name me the last time he jumped over the top of someone, in attack or defence.

Burg said:

Michaels is a very good centre, and that's where he should play.

Maybe he doesn't find a hole to run through because we can't create one for him - like our abysmal offloading?

Hodges on the right with with Folau outside him, and Michaels as left centre.

rnabokov said:
Burg said:

Maybe he doesn't find a hole to run through because we can't create one for him - like our abysmal offloading?

Who are you and what have you done with rnabokov? We seem to agree on everything this season [icon_lol1. icon_thumbs_u

Jebadude said:
rnabokov said:
Burg said:

Who are you and what have you done with rnabokov? We seem to agree on everything this season [icon_lol1. icon_thumbs_u

Pure class mate - so it took it me a while [icon_wink

Haha better late than never mate icon_thumbs_u Shattered was I when Michaels done his knee [icon_frown

draggx said:
1. Hunt
2. Boyd
3. Folau
4. Hodges
5. Michaels/Kemp
6.Lockyer
7. Wallace
9. Ennis

14 Marsh

As Long as Ennis Stays... I cant Wait I just want 08 over already and 09 to start

Ennis is almost as good as gone.
Marsh is average at best, I can anme 5 better hookers.
Boyd? Gee you people seem to have raps on a player who is solid at best.
Michaels....I hope I'm way off, but many players don't come back too strong after that injury.
Kemp? Solid, hardly electrifying.

Anyways, with Hannant now gone, remember this;

1. Slater
2. Tate
3. Inglis
4. Hodges
5. Falou
6. Hunt
7. Thurston

...did nothing without a forward pack.

Gee Hammo did you just get back from Negativity camp?? We have a great forward pack even without Hannant... Dave Taylor is a freak and he can't even get a game this season. IMO Boyd has earned alot of peoples respect this year and if he continues to improve this season he will be a great player to have in our side. As for Michaels not coming back from his Knee injury, look at Hodges perfect example of a player coming back better than ever. Marsh was on fire in the first 2 rounds then got struck down by injury and your not even prepared to give him a chance.. Show some faith

Play Folau at prop and make sure he hits it up on the right hand side or he will be 'lost'.

I have shown faith for 21 seasons and will for however long I live. i just didn't think the potential backline is looking that good.

Don't get me wrong, any backline with Hunt, locky, Wallace, Hodges and Falou in it is going to have big points. I was just devil advocating the wing spots.

As for Marsh....I'll give him time, but he doesn't set my pants on fire.

Jebadude said:
Haha better late than never mate icon_thumbs_u Shattered was I when Michaels done his knee [icon_frown

Ditto mate. And as for Hammo's post - what about Locky?

One major concern for us is half and hooker, so we can get and keep momentum, and get that ball out the backs.

Hannant - a big loss, but for mine, Ennis Taylor and Wallace are more important.

I agree Hammo, the ones you name are great and the other back options we have at this stage are either developing and seemingly not likely to get to huge heights or recovering from major surgery. Marsh is a good player not great these days and is an ideal bench player, hopefully the McCulloch?? fella is verygood because we are going to need him to be.

Active Now

• Allo
  • Bucking Beads
  • Xzei
  • Broncosgirl
  • broncoscope
  • BroncosMan
  • broncsgoat
  • Aldo
  • broncotville
  • GCBRONCO
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Dash
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Culhwch
  • Wolfie
  • Sproj
  • Foordy
  • Fitzy
  • bb_gun
  • Santa
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.