My Ben Hunt video

Since this is about Ben Hunt love, I'll leave this here.

While Brisbane weigh outside options for their next X-factor player, Darren Lockyer believes the NRL club have one in their midst in new halfback Ben Hunt.
The likes of Bulldogs superstar Ben Barba and Canberra livewire Anthony Milford - both currently unsettled - are in Brisbane's sights ahead of next season as they look to reinvigorate the struggling team.
However, club great Lockyer reckons he has already seen enough to convince him that Hunt is the answer to their problems, even if it is at his former halves partner Peter Wallace's expense.
"I think the signs that he (Hunt) showed against the Knights (in last round's 18-all draw) showed he can become another X-factor for the team," Lockyer said.
Former NSW Origin halfback Wallace has been relegated to Brisbane back-up hooker role after Hunt was thrown the No.7 jersey in a desperate bid to keep the Broncos' faint finals hopes alive.
Wallace is frustrated by his treatment at the Broncos and is keen to go "anywhere" in the NRL despite being contracted to Brisbane until the end of 2014.
But Lockyer said: "You are measured by your results and where the Broncos are on the ladder is unacceptable - the decision had to be made.
"It is unfortunate for the guys on the receiving end of that because someone like Wal (Wallace) has given the club so much and worked so hard.
"But that is the nature of the beast."
Since being thrust into the halfback role, Hunt has responded with an inspired hand in an 18-16 win over North Queensland and glimpses of brilliance in the last round draw in Newcastle.
Brisbane - who are two wins outside the top eight - must keep winning to be a top eight chance, starting with Sunday's Suncorp Stadium showdown with St George Illawarra.
Asked if Hunt's switch to No.7 came too late, Lockyer said: "He's there now, we can't change the past but we can look forward to the future.
"He showed some real positive signs against the Knights. It would have been a good learning experience that last 10 minutes.
"I think if he was in the same situation he would take more control and close the game out."

http://www.nrl.com/hunt-is-broncos-x-factor-lockyer/tabid/10874/newsid/73904/default.aspx

Go cheer on Wallace in another thread mate. Ben Hunt love is what this thread is about. Tell ya story walking.
350qbh0.jpg

Woah, let's not put the bar that high just yet! :scared:

Flashes of Alfie, Mr P, flashes. The beginnings, where he is showing he has vision, speed off the mark, can chip and chase, grubber, see the gap and accelerate and a top passing game.

But yes, flashes at this stage which I am sure will turn our night into day.

Still think he should have been developed from scratch as a half and kept there. Just think, we may have had no reason re-sign Wallace, or sign Prince

I know mate. I love what Hunt has shown so far, but I'm just weary of putting to much expectation on his shoulders.

Let's also not forget the boys have pretty much been given free reign to play an expansive brand of footy now that we're desperate even mathematically, which allows him to put those tricks on display, instead of the straitjacket the team has been under most of the season.

I know completions are important, but I have no issue with loosing the ball early, as long as it's in an advantageous position for us, and something was on, but the execution or bounce of the ball killed it.

Now we just need to get the missed tackle count down, and we could actually make a wave in this comp. We did well against the Cows and the first half of the Knights, where we only missed 6 tackles, but it went down the drain in the second half.

Anyway, I hope Hunt reaches Alfie's highs. How fucking awesome would it be, especially if we did have Barba and Milford in the team to take advantage of it?

I know mate. I love what Hunt has shown so far, but I'm just weary of putting to much expectation on his shoulders.

Let's also not forget the boys have pretty much been given free reign to play an expansive brand of footy now that we're desperate even mathematically, which allows him to put those tricks on display, instead of the straitjacket the team has been under most of the season.

I know completions are important, but I have no issue with loosing the ball early, as long as it's in an advantageous position for us, and something was on, but the execution or bounce of the ball killed it.

Now we just need to get the missed tackle count down, and we could actually make a wave in this comp. We did well against the Cows and the first half of the Knights, where we only missed 6 tackles, but it went down the drain in the second half.

Anyway, I hope Hunt reaches Alfie's highs. How ****ing awesome would it be, especially if we did have Barba and Milford in the team to take advantage of it?

Yes, expansive. How a game should be played. Pity it took so long.

The next step is some structures, from set plays, to everyone being aware of where they are relative to everyone else, switched on and ready to support the ball carrier, chase the kick, depth, no flat feet.

I think Hunt will make the middle and edges his platform to create and exploit opportunities. All he needs is support

Last edited:
Working on a whole team video currently... It's taken me all day so far, lol.

Awesome vid mate!

Unfortunately, this illustrates where our main issue has been...
The only tries scored on our right wing where when Kahu/Oates were there. Maranta's 2 tries came from one flukey bounce and another which consisted of catching the ball and put it down.
You didn't put all the tries he butchered in there, and fair enough, since this is supposed to be a highlights package, but FMD... If only we had a winger with a clue there!

Love it!

Makes me wonder why it is that Hoffman doesn't like playing wing. He's brilliant there, amazing finishing skills.

I think Maranta has blown 10 + tries which should have been scored plus another 5 or so that an exceptional winger could have scored. It sucks for Maranta because I do believe he gives it his all but he just can't finish a try.

Hard to say which is our best try of the season. I'd put the second try against Manly at the top and very closely behind is Reed's chip for Hoffman to end the first half against the Cowboys.

Active Now

• Behold
  • Jazza
  • Gaz
  • whykickamoocow
  • Rookie Alan
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Sproj
  • Johnny92
  • Bronco bob
  • FACTHUNT
  • broncos4life
  • Rambstien
  • RolledOates
  • Harry Sack
  • Midean
  • Robboi_321
  • Astro
  • jarro65
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.