NBA Draft - 2016

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Any NBA fans lurking out there apart from [MENTION=2160]Mister Wright[/MENTION] & [MENTION=2299]Charmamba[/MENTION] ?

As a Lakers fan I'm pretty excited, seems like a foregone conclusion that we'll end up with Brandon Ingram at #2. Simmons is guaranteed to go #1 overall, it gets pretty dicey between #3 and #8, nobody really knows for sure who's going where in there, and there's a pretty high chance that there's going to be some big trades going down during the draft.

I'll edit OP tomorrow morning as the picks come through for anyone interested - coverage starts at 9am our time on ESPN.

1. Philadelphia 76ers -
2. Los Angeles Lakers -
3. Boston Celtics -
4. Phoenix Suns -
5. Minnesota Timberwolves -
6. New Orleans Pelicans -
7. Denver Nuggets -
8. Sacramento Kings -
9. Toronto Raptors -
10. Milwaukee Bucks -
11. Orland Magic -
12. Utah Jazz -
13. Phoenix Suns -
14. Chicago Bulls -
15. Denver Nuggets -
16. Boston Celtics -
17. Memphis Grizzlies -
18. Detroit Pistons -
19. Denver Nuggets -
20. Indiana Pacers -
21. Atlanta Hawks -
22. Charlotte Hornets -
23. Boston Celtics -
24. Philadelphia 76ers -
25. Los Angeles Clippers -
26. Philadelphia 76ers -
27. Toronto Raptors -
28. Phoenix Suns -
29. San Antonio Spurs -
30. Golden State Warriors -

Not a very strong draft by the looks of it. First 2 picks are locks I think but after that anything could happen.

I reckon we'll see a fair few moves during the draft. Boston have made no secret they want to trade for an experienced vet and are willing to give up their #3 pick. Philly have also been trying to move one of Okafor or Noel. I don't know why Boston wouldn't want one of those players, they are players who could anchor a franchise.

I reckon we'll see a fair few moves during the draft. Boston have made no secret they want to trade for an experienced vet and are willing to give up their #3 pick. Philly have also been trying to move one of Okafor or Noel. I don't know why Boston wouldn't want one of those players, they are players who could anchor a franchise.

My guess is that they're trying to bait the 76ers into overpaying for #3. Wouldn't be shocked if there was a Noel + #24 for #3 tonight.

People starting to question Thon Maker's age. Possibility is that he might slide dramatically in the draft. Personally, he should have went to college first if he wanted a top 5 pick but looks too greedy to me.

Hornets trade pick 22 for Marco Benelili lol. Horrid.

Some massive trades made and more in the wings. Talk of Butler being traded to the Timberwolves.

Oladipo, Ilyasova & Sabonis to the Thunder for Ibaka.

That is so bad for Orlando, awful trade.

Oladipo, Ilyasova & Sabonis to the Thunder for Ibaka.

That is so bad for Orlando, awful trade.

I disagree. Ilyasova is way past his prime. In his Milwaukee days he was a pretty hand PF, but injuries have cruelled his seasons. Don't know of Sabonis and Oladipo has potential, but is far from a proven player. Whereas Ibaka is a proven player who could get better numbers not having to play with KD & Westbrook.

I disagree. Ilyasova is way past his prime. In his Milwaukee days he was a pretty hand PF, but injuries have cruelled his seasons. Don't know of Sabonis and Oladipo has potential, but is far from a proven player. Whereas Ibaka is a proven player who could get better numbers not having to play with KD & Westbrook.

Oladipo far from a proven player? Excuse me?

He's incredibly good and versatile, Sabonis is probably the most reliable scoring PF in the draft, who will back up Kanter, and Ilyasova is a better back-up for Durant than Kyle Singler, it's a phenomenal trade for the Thunder.

Last edited:
Oladipo far from a proven player? Excuse me?

He's incredibly good and versatile, Sabonis is probably the most reliable scoring PF in the draft, who will back up Kanter, and Ilyasova is a better back-up for Durant than Kyle Singler, it's a phenomenal trade for the Thunder.

Fair enough, I guess they need some assets with Durant going to Warriors.

As a Spurs fan I'm torn on the trade..

On one hand, no more Ibaka who seems to be our Kryptonite.. But gee they look much stronger.

Really happy with our pick at #29 - could be another Spur steal late in the draft :laugh:

Last edited:
C - Bogut
PF - Maker
SF - Simmons
SG - Irving (He has said he's open to it)
PG - Exum

That is a serious starting five in three to four years - Dellie, Baynes, etc for the bench too.

Bogut will be out of the league by the time the next olympics come around unfortunately, too many injuries. I highly doubt Kyrie switches allegiance to Australia as well, considering he may be in the best 10 players in the NBA by the time 2020 rolls around, will likely represent USA.

Excited to see how good Simmons, Maker & Exum are by 2020 though!

I don't know the names but there are a few other decent kids coming through.

Active Now

• Battler
  • Midean
  • Justwin
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Gaz
  • Volvo Driver
  • broncs30
  • Strop
  • Brotherdu
  • Spooky1013
  • westy316
  • Wolfie
  • GCBRONCO
  • winslow_wong
  • Galah
  • Rookie Alan
  • kman
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Santa
  • Manifesto
... and 43 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.