NBA Draft - 2016

Bogut will be out of the league by the time the next olympics come around unfortunately, too many injuries. I highly doubt Kyrie switches allegiance to Australia as well, considering he may be in the best 10 players in the NBA by the time 2020 rolls around, will likely represent USA.

Excited to see how good Simmons, Maker & Exum are by 2020 though!

Yeah Bogut won't be much of a force come 2020 but I think he'll still offer a post presence with all that skill around him. He could certainly play a pretty important role in my opinion, despite his age by then. Basketball is not like league in respect to longevity, basketballers can usually go on a little longer.

That said, I completely forgot Mills who will still be young enough by then, so (Irving has said he is interested in representing Australia because of the talent coming through, I can't find an article about it but I do remember him saying it in an interview) if Irving can be swayed:

Maker
Simmons
Irving
Exum
Mills

Bench: Bogut, Baynes, Delly, Ingles, player I've forgotten, young dude 1, young dude 2

That is one heck of a starting five and fairly serviceable bench. Would be at least the silver medal team in my opinion, a fair chance at gold too.

Forget about Irving. He has said he is American so he won't be playing for us. We've still got some really good talent now.

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Midean
  • Justwin
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Wolfie
  • Fatboy
  • Old Mate
  • rj9
  • Bish
  • Morkel
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.