BASKETBALL NBA

All the criticism of Ben Simmons is pissing me off, sure he's playing fairly averagely but give him time.

He's making a comeback from about a year and a half on basketball.

And so far he's been forced to mark up on Zion Williamson, paskal siakom, ja Morant and Giannis. 4 of the top 20 players in the league, and guess who he's marking up against today - luka doncic. I'd say Ben Simmons is doing pretty well to be making a comeback against those players

Nets go down in over time! They are sitting in a bad position through the first 4/5 games. They will want to get moving soon.

Nets go down in over time! They are sitting in a bad position through the first 4/5 games. They will want to get moving soon.
The good news is they have played a lot of good teams, I definitely wouldn't be too worried at this point. If they were dropping games against paces and OKC I would be worried

The good news is they have played a lot of good teams, I definitely wouldn't be too worried at this point. If they were dropping games against paces and OKC I would be worried

Speaking of which OKC is going well, unfortunately Giddey is injured and not sure when back.

Speaking of which OKC is going well, unfortunately Giddey is injured and not sure when back.
Yeah OKC are going well, which is surprising considering what's on offer this draft 🤣

Although beating clippers isn't much of an achievement, they are pretty average

Yeah OKC are going well, which is surprising considering what's on offer this draft 🤣

Although beating clippers isn't much of an achievement, they are pretty average

Clippers are pretty good. They've made the finals the last two years haven't they? They went really well in '20.

Clippers are pretty good. They've made the finals the last two years haven't they? They went really well in '20.
The team really isn't a great fit, George is getting old and kahwi is out injured

Best result for the season would be Lakers finishing towards the bottom, somehow ending up getting 1st pick in the draft and then watching the Pelicans take that pick.

Best result for the season would be Lakers finishing towards the bottom, somehow ending up getting 1st pick in the draft and then watching the Pelicans take that pick.

It could happen, they look AWFUL so far this season.

Josh Giddey with a triple double, he's starting to hit his stride again.

Haha Giddey just did one of the dumbest things I've seen. He bounced the ball into the backboard from the throw in and thus handed it over to the other team. Luckily for him, the other team's shot was awful.

Ben Simmons just woke up big time in his game today. He has 20+ points playing as a hybrid guard-centre and yes, you read that right!

Josh Green also had 23 points for the Mavericks although they went down in their game at the death. He is getting lots of minutes this season and it is paying off.

Ben Simmons just woke up big time in his game today. He has 20+ points playing as a hybrid guard-centre and yes, you read that right!

Josh Green also had 23 points for the Mavericks although they went down in their game at the death. He is getting lots of minutes this season and it is paying off.
As I've said from the start of Simmons recovery, it's going to take time, he's had back surgery and is going to be battling rust and lack of confidence, soon you'll see.

As I've said from the start of Simmons recovery, it's going to take time, he's had back surgery and is going to be battling rust and lack of confidence, soon you'll see.

I reckon it is good coaching to try him in such a weird hybrid role. It might not work against an Embiid, etc but it did here against Adams.

I tell you what, Josh Giddey has been a massive let down this year. Hasn't seem to have taken any step up at all, and his flaws just become more apparent in his 2nd season. He's still very young but needs to improve in many many areas. With the massive rise of SGA and all the rookies and picks they have, maybe he won't have a future on this side anyway,

I tell you what, Josh Giddey has been a massive let down this year. Hasn't seem to have taken any step up at all, and his flaws just become more apparent in his 2nd season. He's still very young but needs to improve in many many areas. With the massive rise of SGA and all the rookies and picks they have, maybe he won't have a future on this side anyway,

He's been inconsistent. He's had some really good games and then some where he is invisible. Even if not this team, he'll always have a role somewhere because his distribution is so good.

Dyson Daniels and Josh Green are getting more and more game time which is great and both are looking really promsing.

I reckon, if you put together an Aussie basketball side right now, it would be looking alright:

C - Landale
PF - Simmons (yes you read this right)
SF - Exum (this is the one problem area)
SG - Green
PG - Giddey
6 - Daniels
7 - Mills
8 - Thybulle
9 - Dellavadova
10 - White
11 - Baynes
12 - Maker (probably, I don't know who else to put here because Ingles is injured)

There are also a couple of other really strong prospects looking to be drafted in the next few years, including one centre who is going under the radar because this next gen French kid is an absolute freak.

But man, point guard is not an area Australia is struggling in at present with Giddey and Daniels both starters in their NBA side (Daniels in particular also playing in a surprise powerhouse team in the Pelicans) and then Mills and Exum as tried and tested older dudes. You've also got SImmons who can play there but who knows whether he will ever represent Aus.

Active Now

• Galah
  • Foordy
  • winslow_wong
  • Culhwch
  • Harry Sack
  • Broncosgirl
  • Hoof Hearted
  • RolledOates
  • Manifesto
  • leon.bott
  • Jedhead
  • Brocko
  • Xzei
  • Mr Fourex
  • broncsgoat
  • Organix
  • Waynesaurus
  • Financeguy
  • LittleDavey
  • Fatboy
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.