BASKETBALL NBA

The pressure on that kid just became so real. I wish him well.

If he was anyone else, he doesn't even get drafted or probably get signed as an undated player. Heart issues, size issues, can't really shoot either. He's still gotta be one of the luckiest kids in the world though.

Johnny Furphy the latest Aussie NBA player - draft by the Spurs at 35 and traded to the Pacers.

Jaylin Galloway also expected to be elevated to the Bucks main team.

Alex Ducas signed by OKC to a two way contract but most likely to stay in G League.

Paul George to Philly.

Impressive big three there if they can all play together in Embiid, George and Maxey.

Ingles to the Wolves on a one year deal.

So as it stands (and things will of course change), 12 Aussies in the NBA next season.

Thybulle has been cut from the Boomers’ Olympic team. Wow that’s a massive call. Dellavadova makes it though.

Man Goojian has gone with an old team. Bold decision. Even though I don’t agree with this, I never thoughts we’d see a day where Australia is saying no to some NBA players.

Dyson Daniels traded to the Hawks. I am not sure how well a fit he is with them. It does have the potential to work out.

Josh Green to Charlotte - that one surprises me a lot.

Thybulle has been cut from the Boomers’ Olympic team. Wow that’s a massive call. Dellavadova makes it though.

Man Goojian has gone with an old team. Bold decision. Even though I don’t agree with this, I never thoughts we’d see a day where Australia is saying no to some NBA players.
Doesn't make a difference considering the group they are in. They wont win a single game and Thybulle wouldn't have made a difference

Greece with Giannis is tough but they have nothing else. His bros aren't that good.

Spain will definitely be a challenge but Aus can match them for sure.

Canada will be tough.

France's future looks really good.
Just in the last 2 years there has been a once in a generation player in Wembenyama, the top 2 draft picks this year, and a guy with huge raw potential in Bilal Coulibaly. Its hard to see Australia winning a medal anytime soon, USA, France and Canada are way ahead of them at the very least.

France's future looks really good.
Just in the last 2 years there has been a once in a generation player in Wembenyama, the top 2 draft picks this year, and a guy with huge raw potential in Bilal Coulibaly. Its hard to see Australia winning a medal anytime soon, USA, France and Canada are way ahead of them at the very least.

Canada is a bit brittle but look to be on the way up for sure. Slovenia and Serbia also look good though.

Australia has some gun role players though and so if say a Giddey can take the step up and be something like everyone hoped Simmons would be, who knows. There are a few really highly touted kids over the next few drafts too.

Thybulle is an elite defender and athletic. If you have 3 other shooters on the court which we will have, then he is worth it.
Perhaps because Giddy has a poor shot it makes carrying a poor shooter wing like Matisse untenable?
I'd have picked and played him plenty because Landale and Reath can hit the 3 ball, and tying up the other teams best scorer is so valuable.
Plus steals, loose balls potentially mean easy fast break points.

It makes no sense Thybulle wasn't selected. Especially over Dellavedova.

That group they are in is impossible. I don't think they make it through. Be lucky to win a game. Greece actually has some talent apart from Giannis. Calathes, Papagiannis, Papanikoloau and their naturalised guy Walkup are all very good Euro players. They destroyed Slovenia and beat a very good Croatian team by double digits with zubac, hezonja and saric to make it through. They are no mugs.

That group they are in is impossible. I don't think they make it through. Be lucky to win a game. Greece actually has some talent apart from Giannis. Calathes, Papagiannis, Papanikoloau and their naturalised guy Walkup are all very good Euro players. They destroyed Slovenia and beat a very good Croatian team by double digits with zubac, hezonja and saric to make it through. They are no mugs.

No but neither is this Australian team. I don’t agree with some of the selections either but the Aussies can beat everyone in that group if they are on. Landale and Reath are an underrated, great big man double act.

Australia did pretty well against the US, fantastic comeback but honestly, Mills looks done. I really think they've erred carrying him, Thybulle in for him would have better balanced the swuad.

I understand the sentimentality for Mills to get one last hurrah but he looked so far off the pace of his own team, let alone the US. You've got Exum, Daniels and obviously Giddey who can all do the job better now.

Magnay and Landale - very impressive, as was Giddey.

Unfortunately, the Aussie second unit couldn't back up the starting five well enough.

I was watching one of the review shows in this and they summed it up well. When you are up against teams with an out and out superstar who they rely on, which Australia doesn't have, you need guys who can shut them down - that's Thybulle.

Active Now

• Xzei
  • Maddy
  • FACTHUNT
  • Lurker
  • RolledOates
  • Crom
  • azza.79
  • Culhwch
  • Financeguy
  • YeahNahMate
  • Emanon
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.