Ne Game Show: You Be Bruno

^^ Mate 75% of those players you listed would be worth conservatively double their Bronco equivalents.

At the end of this year

I'd imagine Michaels will be gone.

Hoffman and Beale should get 1 more year to push their cases.

In 2011 I'm not budgeting to retain all of Hoffman, Beale, Gagai and Copely. It is also all relative to their individual performances, attitudes and talent coming behind them. I dare say at this stage they would all be offered only base contracts, if at all.

The most expensive out of Winterstein, Kemp and Yow Yeh gets the boot for mine as well.

To be honest I think our pack is now fairly stable and following the purchase of Tronc I'd be surprised to see any major movement in that area untill the end of next year. By this stage players such as Teo, McGuire, Gillette, Sims and Setu will have just about made it or been over taken by the next bunch of youngsters coming through.

I know, they were just random picks, but it's the 25% I'm interested in. Lets face it, our recent recruits have not played as well as we had hoped, Falou being the exception.

ningnangnong said:
Mister Wright said:
Please...honestly if it wasn't for Hodges we wouldn't have the premiership in 2006. He has been a gun at club level for so long, and during our slump last season he was the only one who looked like he gave a damn. So much negativity on this forum towards some great players, it is so disappointing.

Well said mate.

Hodges cops a lot of unnecessary crap IMO.
+1
Even when getting flogged Hodges ALWAYS trys his heart out every single game. He's one of the few who looks like he's going to do anything when we are flat and him JUST BEING THERE automatically lifts the attitude of the entire team.

We always seem like a better team with Hodges in it even if he's not indvidually playing well, which isn't often. As a club player he's the best centre in the game IMO, he's so consistent at club level and that's why he's one of my favorite every Broncos players.

Burg said:
I know, they were just random picks, but it's the 25% I'm interested in. Lets face it, our recent recruits have not played as well as we had hoped, Falou being the exception.

I think we have higher expectations of them because they were recruited though. Setu and Teo hadn't really played much first grade before they came here whilst Sims being a prop forward realistically couldn't be expected to come good until he is around 24.

If they were juniors I'm sure we would have been a lot more patient with them.

broncospwn said:
ningnangnong said:
Mister Wright said:
Please...honestly if it wasn't for Hodges we wouldn't have the premiership in 2006. He has been a gun at club level for so long, and during our slump last season he was the only one who looked like he gave a damn. So much negativity on this forum towards some great players, it is so disappointing.

Well said mate.

Hodges cops a lot of unnecessary crap IMO.
+1
Even when getting flogged Hodges ALWAYS trys his heart out every single game. He's one of the few who looks like he's going to do anything when we are flat and him JUST BEING THERE automatically lifts the attitude of the entire team.

We always seem like a better team with Hodges in it even if he's not indvidually playing well, which isn't often. As a club player he's the best centre in the game IMO, he's so consistent at club level and that's why he's one of my favorite every Broncos players.

I wrote about hodges in this post not playing enough games for the Broncos and it may of been perseved wrongly by some people. I with you guy's, when Hodges is on the field for the Broncos you feel as though the Broncos can score a try from anywhere. Hodges in the Semi against the Bulldogs in 06 got us back into the game so i also agree with the comment about him being the reason we won the flag in 06.

I am just disapointed Broncos fnas havent got to see him play more for the broncos in the past two years. He is worth his weight in gold!!!!

Mister Wright said:

And with his Injury rate i think he would have every right to head to England and make some big bucks for himself while he still can.

In Hodges position i would do it at the end of this contract and get myself set up.

And he'd still look dead in the water while not running onto the ball. Trying to kick into a dummy side step, which everyone knows he does, everytime he touches the ball.

Hodges' form on the field hasn't justified the size of his contract. And this is coming from somebody who loves seeing Hodges on the field win, lose or draw.

We'll see how he plays in 2011, if he's off the pace it maybe time to invest elsewhere. Carne, Hancock and Kerrod were all legends at the club when Bennett told them to look else where and looked what happened the next season.

Big Pete said:
Hodges' form on the field hasn't justified the size of his contract. And this is coming from somebody who loves seeing Hodges on the field win, lose or draw.

We'll see how he plays in 2011, if he's off the pace it maybe time to invest elsewhere. Carne, Hancock and Kerrod were all legends at the club when Bennett told them to look else where and looked what happened the next season.

Difference is, there isn't too many strike centres on the market.
Carne and Hancock were both wingers. Wingers are easily replaced.
Sure the Broncos has Israel, but the team no longer has Hunt.
To lose Hodges and Hunt in a space of a couple of years [icon_non
Word has it the Dragons have already started talking to Hodges to replace Cooper.
Wayne knows how big a difference Hodges would make to the Dragons.
At the moment they are lacking a strike weapon, which Hodges can provide.

If Hodges goes to Sydney he is stupid. He went there with the Roosters but realised how shit a place Sydney is to live. He should take another contract at the Broncos, he has a chance to be captain of the club. If he goes to England he's just going to carve up, it won't be a challenge, and to me it seems like he's a player that needs to constantly be challenged.

A captain? He's too agressive to players and refs to be a captain.

If what is said about his lack of training, well we don't need a captain to show everyone that it's ok not to put the effort in.

What is this? Let's pick the worst candidates and put them forward for captaincy month? First Kemp, now Hodges - I'm just waiting for someone to float the notion that we should buy Luke Covell for his captaincy skills...

Not for his captaincy, but for his finishing ability. He tears down those sidelines. So agile too.

Big_Dave said:
[quote="Big Pete":2xjcgg6i]Hodges' form on the field hasn't justified the size of his contract. And this is coming from somebody who loves seeing Hodges on the field win, lose or draw.

Difference is, there isn't too many strike centres on the market.
Carne and Hancock were both wingers. Wingers are easily replaced.
Sure the Broncos has Israel, but the team no longer has Hunt.
To lose Hodges and Hunt in a space of a couple of years [icon_non
Word has it the Dragons have already started talking to Hodges to replace Cooper.
Wayne knows how big a difference Hodges would make to the Dragons.
At the moment they are lacking a strike weapon, which Hodges can provide.[/quote:2xjcgg6i]

Why would we need to look on the market to replace Hodges?

Wayne wants to replace Cooper with Hodges? If that part is true can we have Cooper?

Meat77 said:
What is this? Let's pick the worst candidates and put them forward for captaincy month? First Kemp, now Hodges - I'm just waiting for someone to float the notion that we should buy Luke Covell for his captaincy skills...

Kemp was last month :P

We have some wonderful centre prospects coming through.

I actually struggle to name my ideal 1-5 minus Hodges not because we lack players but because we have so much potential.

1. Norman/Kemp/Hoffman
2. Kemp/Yow yeh
3. Yow Yeh/Copely
4. Izzy
5. Winter

Think Hodges will definatley go to the UK it will be his last big payday, I can't see the Broncos offering the same cash or an upgrade once his contract runs out.

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Foordy
  • Tim K
  • Morepudding
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Broncosgirl
  • Harry Sack
  • Wolfie
  • Fatboy
  • Sproj
  • Fitzy
  • Jedhead
  • kman
  • I bleed Maroon
  • kiwi2
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • winslow_wong
  • Skathen
  • Waynesaurus
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.