New 2013 home jersey design!

• Thread starter Anonymous person
  • Start date
Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008
yeh the markup is pretty huge. one of my mates who hooks me up with cheap jerseys is a store manager at amart allsports and he can give them to me usually at cost + ~10%, and it generally ends up being around $105 for a $170 jersey i think it is.

then during the offseason though, thats when it gets stupid cheap. he got me the 7 in a row QLD jersey for $60 :D

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Yeah I got a jersey from a "friend of a friend" who works for the manufacturer for $50, which is just slightly above cost...

vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010
Sure jerseys are expensive but when I really want one I'll fork out for my team.

So far I have '92 retro, '09 away, '10 Cyril, '10 QLD, '12 QLD.

I don't think I'll ever own a home jersey since the retro is so awesome.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Well if they are really marking them up over $100 I won't be buying another jersey ever. The cost of merchandise is nothing short of a joke.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
The cost price of the Nike jerseys made in China or most other South Asia countries is less than US$10. Add a dollar for the bulk shipping costs per jersey, and you know the margin Nike and the retailers get.

This goes for many non essential items as well. My family has a small chain of optical retail outlets in Europe, and their (and all others) markup is something out of this world... Ray Ban goes over the counter at a minimum 1000% markup (yes that is a thousand), and the more expensive the brand, the larger the markup. Spectacle frames have a huge markup as well, but lenses have only a "respectable" 35-50% markup. Given the Australian prices, similar markups will be in place here as well...

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
My understanding is the Nike Jersey fabric is manufactured in China, but the team print is done in Australia

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
I can order an authentic soccer jersey from Europe for about $50 (including shipping)... they are $120 in stores here.

The price of NRL jerseys is absolutely fucking ridiculous. I don't understand how it can be allowed. It's not like rugby league is a sport for the upper class either. So fucking stupid.

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
the new titans home jersey looks pretty awesome IMO:

179557_445740638807235_897119999_n.jpg

Is Dave Taylor sick of being called coal train and wants to be called wolfman instead.

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
He looks more like the Hungry Hungry Hippos finally hit puberty and grew beards.

JoshNewyKnights

JoshNewyKnights

May 28, 2012
I like the new Broncos jersey, looks simple & modern. Simple is always good with NRL jerseys in my opinion, don't want some insane crap like a Tigers jersey..

Images Download

But i agree with most people that the heritage jerseys are the best NRL jerseys.

Active Now

• TimWhatley
  • Stix
  • The True King
  • Bucking Beads
  • Fitzy
  • Wolfie
  • maddo
  • Battler
  • mitch222
  • Mr Fourex
  • Aldo
  • ChewThePhatt
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.