NEWS New Jersey

Messy housemate Ethan Bullemor models the Red Hill fashion house's latest jersey, marking the ten year partnership with indigenous health program Deadly Choices. Designer Elaine Chambers-Hegarty's masterpiece plonks a kind of footy shape into the guts region, snakes various lines to reflect life's journeys, and sports six stars, one for each premiership win. But the crown jewel remains the KIA emblem, known to bring good luck to opposing teams.

Screen7e75d11ffb7d2de9e2fc2021a992e13e

Ethan said this of the Indigenous Round:

"It’s massively important to the game and to the community. They’re a massive part of our society and we’ve got really proud Indigenous heritage in the NRL. There have been a lot of great Indigenous players, past and present, in the game so it’s really important to take the time to pay respect to them.”

Screenb11f043794da5b7b3b0cbe8571211d38

And this of the Monday training session:

“We didn’t mix anything up, there was by no means a punishment session, but we definitely worked hard and it’s important to recognise the only way to get out of this is hard work. It’s a tough time for us all and there’s no point making excuses. It stings a little bit from the weekend but we just have to turn up and put in the work here at training and eventually things will turn.

“It’s definitely been a tough time. We’ve got the basis of something special here at the club, with a lot of really talented players. We’ve dug ourselves into a hole and we’re the only people who can get us out of it."

“We all want to be better. It’s just about improving our own personal performances.”

Brendan Piakura's a pretty talented kid and he’s only about 18 or 19-years-old and has a fair resume already. He’s a solid backrower, runs a hard line and is a really good defender. He’s been training really well with us this year and had some strong performances in the QCup. If it’s him or whoever else, they will do their best for the team.”

McHunt

Perfect if you're taking a little mandatory down time:

ScreenE1oOmhIVkAM frI
ScreenE1oOnFoVoAAJyMN
ScreenE1oOnrwVcAcCmud

I really like this jersey ...

one of our best. tight up their with the 2015 heritage and the ANZAC jersey (the white artwork one) from a few years ago

I really don't like these new style 'printed' jerseys, its not so much the colours and design but I miss the old style with actual embroidered patches with logos, collars, 3/4 length sleeves.

The printed jerseys for the cost just don't feel like value to me.

I really don't like these new style 'printed' jerseys, its not so much the colours and design but I miss the old style with actual embroidered patches with logos, collars, 3/4 length sleeves.

The printed jerseys for the cost just don't feel like value to me.

I haven't seen Asics stuff, but ISC supporter stuff used to still have embroidered logos.

The new NSW jerseys have rubber logos, they're odd.

Embroided logos aren't that cool to be fair

I really like it.

Does a portion of profits made on the sale of these go back into the indigenous community? One would hope it does.

I like it, good job whoever designed it

definitely the best indigenous jersey we ever had design wise.

Active Now

• Astro
  • MrMoore
  • Tim K
  • Sproj
  • Waynesaurus
  • BroncsNBundy
  • ivanhungryjak
  • thenry
  • winslow_wong
  • Aldo
  • Wolfie
  • Fatboy
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.