New South Wales 2014 Line-Ups

Pearce has had enough chances to perform and still hasn't and it's clear he isn't up to Origin level. He is just another one of those guys who perform very well at club level but can't take it to the next step

What I always find amusing with NSW team selection banter is that they are so desperate, the moment some young kid strings a couple good games together (ie Tedesco) he is being touted as the next superstar to come out of the southern state.

I'm surprised Luke Brooks hasn't gotten a mention ......:rolleyes:

Tbh Tedesco has been cruelled by injury if he didn't get injured earlier he would've had a bigger profile now I reckon. He has always looked like a good prospect and this is his 3rd season in first grade.

You are all forgetting that Josh Dugan is back in Round 5. Providing he doesn't get injured upon his return he should be fullback. Absolutely shits on his competition IMO.

Not on Jarryd Hayne at fullback.

Hayne is a better playmaker, more reliable at the back and is more agile and faster.

Dugan play a little bit more physical, but at times he lets that get the better of him.

Not on Jarryd Hayne at fullback.

Hayne is a better playmaker, more reliable at the back and is more agile and faster.

Dugan play a little bit more physical, but at times he lets that get the better of him.

True, but NSW almost never pick Hayne at fullback. They see his ability to play other positions and decide to always play him as a winger or a centre. Hell, NSW will probably pick Gidley at fullback before Hayne.

It's a shame because he was a key part in their Origin 1 victory.

I suspect they'll play Hayne in the centres which could work but I believe they'd get more out of him at fullback, especially as he can take some of the pressure off their halves situation.

You are all forgetting that Josh Dugan is back in Round 5. Providing he doesn't get injured upon his return he should be fullback. Absolutely shits on his competition IMO.

You're forgetting its Dugan! He will be injured again come origin so its a moot point

What I always find amusing with NSW team selection banter is that they are so desperate, the moment some young kid strings a couple good games together (ie Tedesco) he is being touted as the next superstar to come out of the southern state.

I'm surprised Luke Brooks hasn't gotten a mention ......:rolleyes:

Give it time

I have a question. I know the physical position of the ACT is inside New South Wales but it is it's own territory and not actually in NSW. Why do people always look past this before saying things like "that's in Queensland"?

You know it's coming NSW.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Apparently Maloney could be axed from the side due to his poor form this season. I hope for QLD's sake that he picks up his form. We love playing against halves that are useless on the biggest stage :takdir:

Although, the next likely candidate after him would be Josh Reynolds unless Carney can magically turn his season around..

I've gotta revise my side from earlier, based on the form of some players.

1. Jaryd Hayne
2. Brett Morris
3. Michael Jennings
4. Josh Morris
5. Josh Dugan
6. Josh Reynolds
7. Jarred Mullen
8. Andrew Fifita
9. Robbie Farah (c)
10. Aaron Woods
11. Greg Bird
12. Boyd Cordner
13. Paul Gallen

14. James Tamou
15. Anthony Watmough
16. Trent Merrin
17. Luke Lewis

Reynolds is the form Five-Eighth of the competition, deserves first crack, Mullen proved today that he's still got the best kicking game in the NRL, far superior to Pearce. Also, Woods has outplayed Tamou this season, Woods should start.

Good for us, he's daylight ahead of Ennis or Gidley who will probably be selected if he can't play v

Losing Farah would be a massive blow to NSW IMO. He's head and shoulders above Ennis - who else would get a look in if Robbie's unavailable / underdone? Though you'd be tempted to play him underdone I'd suspect. Hope they do.. :evil:

Active Now

• bert_lifts
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Manofoneway
  • Maroon4life
  • Skyblues87
  • broncsgoat
  • I bleed Maroon
  • peter09
  • GCBRONCO
  • BroncosAlways
  • theshed
  • Culhwch
  • Fozz
  • Financeguy
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Allo
  • Bish
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.