New South Wales 2014 Line-Ups

Carney has injure himself this game could be a long term one as well, we're dropping like flies.

Farah should be back in time hopefully, definitely need him for the past 2years been the best hooker in the game.

This is what I think the NSW side will be.

1. Josh Dugan
2. James McManus
3. Josh Morris
4. Jarryd Hayne
5. Brett Morris
6. Josh Reynolds
7. Mitchell Pearce
8. James Tamou
9. Michael Ennis
10. Paul Gallen (c)
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Ryan Hoffman
13. Greg Bird

14. Andrew Fifita
15. Aaron Woods
16. Trent Merrin
17. Boyd Cordner

This is what I think the NSW side will be.

1. Josh Dugan
2. James McManus
3. Josh Morris
4. Jarryd Hayne
5. Brett Morris
6. Josh Reynolds
7. Mitchell Pearce
8. James Tamou
9. Michael Ennis
10. Paul Gallen (c)
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Ryan Hoffman
13. Greg Bird

14. Andrew Fifita
15. Aaron Woods
16. Trent Merrin
17. Boyd Cordner

McManus? No..

After watching city country and after hearing Daley speak highly of Mullen I would be stunned if Mullen wasn't selected as 5/8th. His tactical kicking game and the ability to back himself and his strong chasing of his own kicks helped Country superbly and he is a superior player to what he was back in 2007 when he was blooded for Game 1.
[MENTION=1899]Big Pete[/MENTION]; Thanks for the rundown you did on Mullen's Origin adventure, superb stuff. I still feel I need to watch that game to see for myself. I can remember that game but can't recall how well Mullen actually went.

Yeah, see how well it stacks up against my view where I thought at worst he was quiet in the first half and he's fine up until a 40/20 doesn't go his way, at which point, his kicking game turns to crap and he makes life way too easy for Hunt.

The only knock against Mullo at the moment is his hammy. It clearly isn't 100% and it'll make him a liability.

Farah is going to be fit for Origin 1 and I expect him to be there. He's been so excellent for them that he warrants being picked on a short prep.

Also, I'd personally (if I wanted NSW to win) pick Jorge Taufua. IMO no winger in the world has been as outstanding as Taufua in the last year. That said, I fully expect NSW to pick Tupou instead.

Farah is going to be fit for Origin 1 and I expect him to be there. He's been so excellent for them that he warrants being picked on a short prep.

Also, I'd personally (if I wanted NSW to win) pick Jorge Taufua. IMO no winger in the world has been as outstanding as Taufua in the last year. That said, I fully expect NSW to pick Tupou instead.

Cautious about any outside back that is the beneficiary of a dominant team. I only saw parts of the CC game but Taufua didn't show much more than anyone else could have done in the same situation IMO. But you could argue the same about Boyd I guess. I just have in my head that Taufua can lose a game through stupidity just as often as he can tear a team apart (albeit behind Manly's pack).

After his return game this year everyone was talking him up a lot but all I remember was some stupid errors that weren't at all forced by the opposing team. They need someone who can defend Inglis in the air. The only real option is Tupou. And even then they won't have a chance.

Farah is set to return but how's that a surprise

Error Page

Interesting Gallen interview.

Revealed that Daley was close to quitting after last year.

Also endorses Josh Reynolds over Mullen and considers Daniel Tupou & Tim Grant bolters for the Origin side.

One thing you won't get with Josh Reynolds is stage fright. His instincts compel him to get involved.

IMO he's made for Origin

Mullen.....I'm not so sure.

One thing you won't get with Josh Reynolds is stage fright. His instincts compel him to get involved.

IMO he's made for Origin

Mullen.....I'm not so sure.

I hate that terminology but I take your point. Would not have him in the 6 though, especially with Pearce in the 7. Would be a viable option as the bench utility, depending on Cpt Courageous....the greatest bench captain to ever play the game. Not sure if Kidley's got it anymore though. A few years ago he was the only player that had me worried every time he had the ball, his scoots out of DH were really causing us trouble, then Bellamy (bless him) pulled him and replaced him with Ennis.

Re: Queensland 2014 Line-Ups

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOHa4w7pOog

Ignore the SBW for NSW silly talk.

I actually like Gus' approach. Has a bit of Jack Gibson circa 1989-90 about it but the question is, which players should coach Daley be blooding?

Re: Queensland 2014 Line-Ups

Should be blooding Luke Brooks... but not this year.

From the sound of things, Pearce, Maloney, and Farah are all going to be available. I would be highly surprised if we see any left field selections.

Hope they pick Dugan and waste Hayne on the wing. Idiots.

Saw something the other day that suggested they may start Beau Scott in the second row purely to rough up Thurston. It doesn't seem like the sort of thing Laurie would do, but if he does it confirms that NSW have gone full retard and have gone back to the exact same tactics of 2008 - 2010 that made them so 'successful'.

Active Now

• BroncsNBundy
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Xzei
  • marw
  • HarryAllan7
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.